Page 48 of 130 FirstFirst ...
38
46
47
48
49
50
58
98
... LastLast
  1. #941

    Rune of Re-Origination reforging

    I was lucky enough, to obtain Rune of Re-Origination, from Lei Shen yesterday.
    So now im sitting in this reforging "hell" this trinket also comes with. Maybe these scenarios are to the extreme, and im overdoing it, with putting this much thought into it. But i would like some opinions anyway.


    Scenario 1 (Mastery enchant on gloves):

    Crit: 4287
    Haste: 4695
    Mastery: 4798


    Scenario 2 (Haste enchant on gloves):

    Crit: 4539
    Haste: 4613
    Mastery: 4628


    Scenario 3 (Haste enchant on gloves):
    Note: Agi/Mastery gem in boots. -80 Agi, +220 Mastery.

    Crit: 4588
    Haste: 4695
    Mastery: 4717


    Is it worth going for the scenario with most mastery outside procs? Or is the mastery to crit margin too large?
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...perry/advanced
    Last edited by wazzak; 2013-03-25 at 03:54 PM.

  2. #942
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    615
    Without looking into it to depth I'd go for scenario 2
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  3. #943
    On the sidenote of Rune discussion - is it worth counting in raid mastery buff and reforging away more mastery for haste? Could gain 1499 stat and still have mastery highest in a raid setting or Im messing up something? I dont have Rune myself yet so cant test it.

  4. #944
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by greez View Post
    On the sidenote of Rune discussion - is it worth counting in raid mastery buff and reforging away more mastery for haste? Could gain 1499 stat and still have mastery highest in a raid setting or Im messing up something? I dont have Rune myself yet so cant test it.
    The raidbuff is not counted into rune of re-origination proc it is posted by a blue a few weeks ago.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  5. #945
    Ah my bad, must have missed that. Thanks for quickest reply EU.

  6. #946
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Without looking into it to depth I'd go for scenario 2
    Thanks for your input. I went with this setup.. untill i discovered (after doing all the reforges) that i have 4707 crit in game, while i have 4539 crit according to wowreforge, sigh. I've used mrrobot this time, as that website at least showed accurate stats. Unfortunetly this website is horrible for doing reforges, layout-wise etc.

    This also means i ended up having a way different setup in the end than i wanted to.
    Crit: 4554
    Haste: 4589
    Mastery: 4805

  7. #947
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    Thanks for your input. I went with this setup.. untill i discovered (after doing all the reforges) that i have 4707 crit in game, while i have 4539 crit according to wowreforge, sigh. I've used mrrobot this time, as that website at least showed accurate stats. Unfortunetly this website is horrible for doing reforges, layout-wise etc.

    This also means i ended up having a way different setup in the end than i wanted to.
    Crit: 4554
    Haste: 4589
    Mastery: 4805
    If you have upgraded gear, you have to change the values manually in wowreforge....still waiting for that API update :<

  8. #948
    I think it's because wowreforge doesn't have the stats for upgraded items from 5.1 yet. I'm yet to obtain a rune so haven't had that mither as of yet!

  9. #949
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    615
    In the video on page 47 I posted that was made by Aggixx i think (Don't remmeber by heart) he mentions how to cooperate with iteam upgrades.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  10. #950
    I did take account for manually upgrading item stats, so they match with actual in game gear. I only have 2 upgraded items aswell, gloves and legs. So how mastery and haste can match perfectly, and crit be 168 behind.. I have no idea.

  11. #951
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    374
    My only guess would be that you are a leatherworker, so it is not including your Primal Leg Reinforcements.

  12. #952
    The Patient Casseille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    227
    I recommend using Catus for optimizing your Rune of Re-origination. (They should have named the damn thing 'Rune of Reforging')

    Catus is a Cat Sim written by Edgy on the Fluid Druid forums.
    See here:
    http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...tart=75#p16261

  13. #953
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
    I recommend using Catus for optimizing your Rune of Re-origination. (They should have named the damn thing 'Rune of Reforging')

    Catus is a Cat Sim written by Edgy on the Fluid Druid forums.
    See here:
    http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...tart=75#p16261
    I was actually gonna ask a few days ago if there was a tool which did this. Thanks for the link, will definitely be helpful.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  14. #954
    Hello, i have a question - what will be the difference in dps between full mastery reforge and 1-1-1 priority if wearing Rune of Origination? I really dont want to reforge so i want to know should i do it only for 10 sec of proc?

  15. #955
    Here's a comparison I did for a friend: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1086121/simc...363904544.html

    "Current" is a typical Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste reforge scheme.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  16. #956
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Here's a comparison I did for a friend: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1086121/simc...363904544.html

    "Current" is a typical Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste reforge scheme.
    best friends :3

    But yeah, runes a pain in the ass, as soon as you get a new item BAM almost every item needs to be painfully reforged/regemded.

  17. #957
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    But yeah, runes a pain in the ass, as soon as you get a new item BAM almost every item needs to be painfully reforged/regemded.
    Call me crazy, but I thoroughly enjoy the tediusness of things like that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 02:59 PM ----------

    So I was looking through the 520-4 Simcraft action priority list and noticed the use of Mangle as a cp generator. As I currently do not have a Rune, I was curious as to the conditions that this is applicable for.

    According to the script, you should only shred when:
    TF is up
    Berserk is up
    Omen of Clarity is up

  18. #958
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    been using HotW wrath \ hurricane today, it hits a lot less, seems tobe nerfed
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  19. #959
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    been using HotW wrath \ hurricane today, it hits a lot less, seems tobe nerfed
    Yes. It definitely does seem like it. My moonfire's initial hit is around half of what it used to be. My wraths (without procs or buffs that aren't MotW and HotW) were hitting for 130k in stead of the usual 180? k.
    I did not try hurricane and I hope that it still hits for ... something. It was the most awesome AoE cd one could wish.

    Mangle
    First of all: Always shred during OOC or energy overflow obviously.
    Now to the question: Would mangle not outperform shred with the new 2 piece?
    And without the 2 piece, would mangle not still be a better option now that you need to have combopoints ready in order to put up rip when RPPM trinkets proc (even more important for rune of reorigination)?

  20. #960
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Call me crazy, but I thoroughly enjoy the tediusness of things like that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 02:59 PM ----------

    So I was looking through the 520-4 Simcraft action priority list and noticed the use of Mangle as a cp generator. As I currently do not have a Rune, I was curious as to the conditions that this is applicable for.

    According to the script, you should only shred when:
    TF is up
    Berserk is up
    Omen of Clarity is up
    As far as I know it's applicable for everything. I got anywhere between a 300 and 1100 DPS gain with the couple different profiles I tried.

    If you can find a set of gear that does notably more DPS with the old filler list (can be found here) then please let me know.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-03-27 at 10:10 PM.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •