So I just acquired a 522 RoR and after my initial excitement wore off I've found that I'm a bit hesitant to completely reforge based on this trinket. At the moment, I've stuck with my standard reforge strategy (+mastery), but I realize that maximizing output of RoR would involve switching to 1:1:1.

Given all of the positivity regarding this trinket, my concern is probably unwarranted.. but I'm a bit worried that my DPS may suffer. How does having RoR affect your overall rotation? Should I be concerned about my non-RoR-proc damage being lower due to decreased 'baseline' mastery? Does the meta-game basically turn into watching diligently for a RoR proc, reapplying bleeds and then having that boost in damage overtake the drop from the 1:1:1 reforge?

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as your rotation, it will become more fluent as you will have much more crit/haste. The key to dps'ing with RoR is to not worry about what your damage is like with non RoR bleeds, but to maximize the potential RoR bleed.

This means constantly pooling energy at 4-5 cp's and being ready to re-apply a Rip/Rake if RoR procs right after you applied one. I also tend to hold onto my TF for the proc. It helps if I'm caught in a bad situation that would lead me to not getting that RoR Rip/Rake applied in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    So I just acquired a 522 RoR and after my initial excitement wore off I've found that I'm a bit hesitant to completely reforge based on this trinket. At the moment, I've stuck with my standard reforge strategy (+mastery), but I realize that maximizing output of RoR would involve switching to 1:1:1.

Given all of the positivity regarding this trinket, my concern is probably unwarranted.. but I'm a bit worried that my DPS may suffer. How does having RoR affect your overall rotation? Should I be concerned about my non-RoR-proc damage being lower due to decreased 'baseline' mastery? Does the meta-game basically turn into watching diligently for a RoR proc, reapplying bleeds and then having that boost in damage overtake the drop from the 1:1:1 reforge?
    if u have problem to reforge, get Catus tool
    u just need time to adjust urself to play with it and scroll thread a bit back there lots of tips of how to maximize use of trinket when it proc

I'm guessing the new horn transmog on sale in the Bliz store doesn't show while inc at form? Because the horns + fire kitty would be totally awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    I'm guessing the new horn transmog on sale in the Bliz store doesn't show while inc at form? Because the horns + fire kitty would be totally awesome!
    I was hoping they would add an xmog set for us to get perm fire cat form, I would buy that instantly if they did..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I was hoping they would add an xmog set for us to get perm fire cat form, I would buy that instantly if they did..
    problem is everyone would so it wont be any specail
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    problem is everyone would so it wont be any specail

It's not like everyone doesn't have access to the seeds, or the staff.

The thing that rubs me the wrong way with the transmog items isn't as much the can't-see-in-form bit but the price (though it obviously sucks balls that you can't see it in cat form, but this is nothing new and I've been resigned to this fact for years). You can get full transmog sets in other games for cheaper. It's not like I'm checking the seat cushions for cash but there is no way I'm spending that much money on top of the subscription (more the principal of the matter). I'll buy some pets - but only when they donate the money to charity (or when you can destroy annoying train sets with the pet without taking up a spot in your inventory). Then I'll buy things in the store, but not outside of those situations.

Deleted
    Does anyone understand the changes to the legendary cloak? http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102249-go...rength-of-xuen

"Equip: Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal [ 1 + 20% of AP ] damage to all targets in front of you, every 5 sec for 3 sec. (Approximately procrppm procs per minute)"

im guessing its just a typo? or am i missing something?

Probably just a typo. Some goofball probably accidentally deleted the decimal before the 5. Also the 'procrppm' is probably just a placeholder for the actual RPPM number. Who knows.

I'd imagine structurally it's still the same spell with only the Weapon Damage to AP change in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is the change came from regulating the proc damage for dual weilders.

Item - Druid T16 Feral 4P Bonus After using Tiger's Fury, your next finishing move will restore 5 3 combo points on your current target after being used.
    Honestly will that even be worth getting now vs 2 higher level with possibly better secondary stats thunderforged pieces or whatever they're called on 5.4
    I mean I'm sure getting the bonuses is better but will it be worth the trouble on non tank spank fights?
    Looks like a pain in the ass to get the set 4 to work when switching.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2013-07-24 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Honestly will that even be worth getting now vs 2 higher level with possibly better secondary stats thunderforged pieces or whatever they're called on 5.4
    I mean I'm sure getting the bonuses is better but will it be worth the trouble on non tank spank fights?
    Looks like a pain in the ass to get the set 4 to work when switching.
    Oww yeah single target changed. Exactly what we wanted/needed. Oh well... I love feral as it is, but I wouldn't mind something to help us on those horridon fights. It's annoying constantly being asked: "Can you do more dmg to this and that." and answering "Yeah sure, but then you'll miss out on damage on everything else; Trust me - I know what I am doing."

Deleted
    Now our opener is officially screwd, we might want to roll as WW monks dose and re equip the trinket to trigger a CD (Rune of Re-origination) since the proc will most likely not be useful on the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Now our opener is officially screwd, we might want to roll as WW monks dose and re equip the trinket to trigger a CD (Rune of Re-origination) since the proc will most likely not be useful on the pull.
    It won't be that easy, we'll have to time the trinket switch before a pull because Rune has a 20sec ICD or something, so we'd want to swap rune out then back in 5 sec or so before the ICD is done so it procs when we have a PS/DoC along with the 2nd trinket proc.

There's absolutely no way it will be worth it to intentionally force an ICD on RoR, your first Rip will still be one of your strongest for the whole fight and you'd be wasting almost an entire proc (which is about 2.5% uptime on a 7.5 minute fight). As it stands most people probably won't be playing DoC anyway.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-07-25 at 09:58 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    As it stands most people probably won't be playing DoC anyway.
    Not sure about this to be honest. Fights were there's only one real target and you can keep your bleeds up on it for all the fight, DoC would most likely be better, I have only seen a few fights in SoO so far but if there is anything like Jin-rohk in there, pretty much a no-brainer at that point. That said, apart from the easy HC ToT bosses, I often find myself using HotW anyway, running 10 man as a feral you often find your Hotw tranq is in need as you often run with 2 healers and we lack raid CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Fights were there's only one real target and you can keep your bleeds up on it for all the fight, DoC would most likely be better
    How so? With the loss of NS DoC is hardly any better than HotW, if it's even better at all. And that's only if you play it correctly.

Also consider that DoC has basically zero utility value, you could even make a case for it being worse than nothing at all since you're often forced to overheal yourself to do optimal DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    How so? With the loss of NS DoC is hardly any better than HotW, if it's even better at all. And that's only if you play it correctly.

Also consider that DoC has basically zero utility value, you could even make a case for it being worse than nothing at all since you're often forced to overheal yourself to do optimal DPS.
    Because PS is still there. If you have a tank and spank boss, the only real benefit you get from NS is in the opener, which would change a little (having to use a 5 cp savage roar and then build to 5 and use the PS on getting rake/rip up). I, myself only really used NS when my rotation would get messed, often saving it for that, but that only really applied on fights were more then average movement was involved. Granted you probably should use NS as a cooldown to do a little more damage but I can be almost certain most used it as a "get out of jail free card" on rake/rip.

That's a common misconception, NS is a huge part of DoC's value as a talent. Sure it's main use in a patchwerk situation on the opener, where that single NS nets you hundreds of thousands of damage (in a raid setting that's easily 1k DPS over the course of the whole fight, minimum), but if that's the only time you use NS on a Rip you're definitely missing something. It's far from unreasonable to use NS on another Rip 3-5 more times over the course of a ~7.5 minute fight, and that's going to add up to another couple thousand DPS as well.

And then arguably even more important than having it for your opener is having it for lining up the best possible bleed for execute. I've had plenty of times where I had a very narrow window to apply an extremely strong rip and having it be DoC buffed where it may not have otherwise been is a massive gain in damage. We're talking potential for millions of damage from just one NS.

Both Catus and SimulationCraft are showing DoC to be inferior to HotW on single-target Patchwerk encounters at the moment. Why is anyone going to take a talent that adds complexity, lacks damage, and severely lacks utility?

PS: If anyone has concerns about this please voice your opinion in this PTR thread as long as it's constructive. I really don't want DoC to be removed as an "option" (yeah yeah, insert "it's still an option there's nothing stopping you from taking it" argument here) as I really enjoy playing it over HotW and I'm sure there are others who feel the same.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-07-25 at 11:29 AM.