@elunedra thanks!
    Last edited by mmokri; 2013-11-28 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    So here comes my weekly bitch at our trials that ruin god level rng.

Thok at 10% at 586k before we died
    2:32:35 http://www.twitch.tv/jelloslockexo/b/483155226 sad day

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9028&e=9439

Someone start playing wrecking ball by miley please

That sucks. Then again, must be nice not having to tranq during adds (Curse having 5 off spec healers for thok.... wtf?!)

Deleted
    Question of the day: Savage Roar. Do you always aim to refresh it when there's only a couple of seconds left on it? i find that sometimes i have to refresh it early, like really early when there's like 10 seconds of so left on it if i think i cant get back to 5 combo points for rip in time. Is this ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Question of the day: Savage Roar. Do you always aim to refresh it when there's only a couple of seconds left on it? i find that sometimes i have to refresh it early, like really early when there's like 10 seconds of so left on it if i think i cant get back to 5 combo points for rip in time. Is this ok?
    That's a normal thing called desyncing where you refresh Savage Roar early so it doesn't expire at the same time you need to put a Rip up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    That's a normal thing called desyncing where you refresh Savage Roar early so it doesn't expire at the same time you need to put a Rip up.
    Indeed. Here's the thought process required:
    No new rip needed?
    Pool energy.
    Not enough time for a FB?
    Pool more energy.
    Got thrash up already and energy is getting too close to the cap?
    Savage Roar.

Trust your instinct really. At some point you'll be used to how much time you need for combo points under special circumstances and can judge based on that.

With DoC it can actually be pretty good to refresh SR early so your next Rip can be buffed 30%. Speaking of SR though, why does it sometimes give a PS proc before a fight when I'm at 0 combo points?

Just a long standing bug that they've never fixed, it's been like that since 5.0.4 I think. Very small chance of occurring but if it happens at the right time it can be very nice.

You can force the bug to happen by casting 0 CP SR over and over and over, so presumably there isn't much going on other than a very very small chance of it happening.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    I miss Ursol's Vortex being buggy as shit :S

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I miss Ursol's Vortex being buggy as shit :S
    I miss having 2 minute Rips.

Deleted
    I remember having to explain why I raged on tanks for moving Feng too fast on the pull in MSV. I'm glad bugs of such magnitude are out of the game even if it took them about 2 months

And meanwhile Rip extensions remain buggy in the same way they have been for the entire time I've been playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    And meanwhile Rip extensions remain buggy in the same way they have been for the entire time I've been playing the game.
    Buggy how?
    The only thing that is weird is that the Rip extension isn't itself tied to the target. For example:
    You have target X that you applied a Rip on and extended it with 3 Mangles.
    You then use redirect to transfer off your combo points to target Y. With those combo points you apply a Rip to target Y.
    You then switch back to target X and Mangle again. The Rip on target X is now extended an additional 2 seconds (even though you had already extended it 3 times).

If you try to switch back to target Y, you will not be able to extend that Rip. However, you can extend target X's Rip 2 additional times.

Long story short, you can extend any targets existing Rip 3 times after a new Rip has been applied.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same, if it only worked now then maybe the ebon bigboy trinket would do great work haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Buggy how?
    The only thing that is weird is that the Rip extension isn't itself tied to the target. For example:
    You have target X that you applied a Rip on and extended it with 3 Mangles.
    You then use redirect to transfer off your combo points to target Y. With those combo points you apply a Rip to target Y.
    You then switch back to target X and Mangle again. The Rip on target X is now extended an additional 2 seconds (even though you had already extended it 3 times).

If you try to switch back to target Y, you will not be able to extend that Rip. However, you can extend target X's Rip 2 additional times.

Long story short, you can extend any targets existing Rip 3 times after a new Rip has been applied.
    That's not what I was talking about (although some may consider it a bug). I was talking about how it doesn't actually extend the rip by "2 seconds" like it says it does and instead picks some seemingly random amount that isn't reflect in the APIs and then the dot frequently ends prematurely when the dot expires before the game says it should.

For example: you apply Rip and it has 16 seconds remaining. You shred 3 times (which takes 3 seconds), and the Rip then has 22 seconds remaining (even though it should have 19) and then the dot falls off when it reaches 1.5 seconds (after having been up for 23.5) seconds.

How does this work? No post I've read from anyone has ever been able to explain it so as far as I know it's just a mystery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fragnance View Post
    Same, if it only worked now then maybe the ebon bigboy trinket would do great work haha!
    Yeah, and people think feral is strong now! Haha. Would have to hope you're on good terms with your rogue friends!
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-12-02 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    That's not what I was talking about (although some may consider it a bug). I was talking about how it doesn't actually extend the rip by "2 seconds" like it says it does and instead picks some seemingly random amount that isn't reflect in the APIs and then the dot frequently ends prematurely when the dot expires before the game says it should.

For example: you apply Rip and it has 16 seconds remaining. You shred 3 times (which takes 3 seconds), and the Rip then has 22 seconds remaining (even though it should have 19) and then the dot falls off when it reaches 1.5 seconds (after having been up for 23.5) seconds.

How does this work? No post I've read from anyone has ever been able to explain it so as far as I know it's just a mystery.
    Aghh yeah this is sooo annoying.

Deleted
    Also known as the "OMG my super strong bitw rip has 1.5 seconds left, yeeees im going to be able to refresh it. Oh wait it just dissapeared".

That's when you do what Paloro said and 1 CP Rip an add, then get back on the boss an extend it 3 extra times, then when you succeed in keeping the Rip from falling you feel like a total boss.

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qi4n...NdtQNNIg#t=331

PS: Nevermind the fact that rip still had 2 extensions left on it, hindsight 20/20 yada yada.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-12-03 at 03:48 AM.

Deleted
    Question of the Day. Why is AoC considered to be the worste of the trinkets in SoO, with the 4 piece bonus i really like mine. Granted it has a long proc but with the 4 piece/extra Tf's/Zerk, doesn't that make up for it? or am i missing somthing. ty lads.

Deleted
    Purely dps wise AoC is the worst because the proc is on ICD and takes nearly two min to recharge. The reduced cooldowns surely are nice from a dps point of view, but Haromns trinket has a comparable multistrike effect. The dps difference isn't too great though, so there is much to be said about reduced cooldown on defensive abilities and speed.

On a fight like spoils of pandaria I would personally use AoC (combined with 4 piece effect it is really good). In fact I ranked 4th there last week with a AoC + Haromns combo. Perhaps multistrike triggers off the panda buffs too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Question of the Day. Why is AoC considered to be the worste of the trinkets in SoO, with the 4 piece bonus i really like mine. Granted it has a long proc but with the 4 piece/extra Tf's/Zerk, doesn't that make up for it? or am i missing somthing. ty lads.
    Because with the way snapshotting works, multiple short procs are much better than one long proc. With AoC you will get your strong rip and rake up but you would have gotten the same strengths with a haromms proc. Sure you will have proc left on AoC after the bleeds are up but at that point the proc is not be worth as much. With short frequent procs you can keep snapshotting strong bleeds.