Yup. How exactly you decide to handle the opener when you get reprocs like that will depend a lot on what trinkets you have and when exactly they proc. For example if you have TED and you're doing the advanced opener and get your Rip up 2 seconds into the pull, then its going to be a lot more enticing to clip at the end of a second set of procs because your Rip will already be pretty close to over. If you're doing a normal opener and get your big Rip up 8 seconds in, then clipping during a second set of procs is probably not going to be beneficial unless your CPs work out so that you can do it at the very very end. Really its a very much a gut call that you have to make based on the information you have at the time (which is all the more reason to have a rip ratio tracker, otherwise you're probably not going to be making very good choices).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    (at) alpheus

Thank you for your feedback, I didn't consider that aspect of it at all. I will give it a try this in this weeks raid. I'll probably have to get used to not always using it together with Fury whenever it comes off CD ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ocedy View Post
    (at) alpheus

Thank you for your feedback, I didn't consider that aspect of it at all. I will give it a try this in this weeks raid. I'll probably have to get used to not always using it together with Fury whenever it comes off CD ...
    Not using it with TF is going to be a waste for the sake of the proc alone, you'll be losing a lot of effective dps by having less energy to work with during berserk. If you're opening on the boss the regular way just make sure you give him a lot of combat events as soon as possible (don't waste time ravaging if you can't pull it off instantly, turn on autoattacks even before you rake). TF's CD will always sync with berserk no matter what CDR trinket you're using and it should still be used that way. If you're trying to work around the ICD of AoC though, make sure you delay TF as well but this will take some practice.
    Last edited by mmoc22f09fe318; 2014-06-09 at 08:38 AM.

nice guide, been looking for something based on research/sim data. WEll done, cant wait for the WoD edition!

Deleted
    Curious if Incarnation will become our best talent (If they stay the way they are now) giving the shred/rake changes, will be interesting to finally use this talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Curious if Incarnation will become our best talent (If they stay the way they are now) giving the shred/rake changes, will be interesting to finally use this talent.
    Maybe not best, but hopefully useful on fights where we need a reliable burst CD. I can also see it being a crazy good option for cleave fights since we get 100% increased Rake damage while incarnation is up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burnabull View Post
    nice guide, been looking for something based on research/sim data. WEll done, cant wait for the WoD edition!
    I'm glad you liked it! Unfortunately i haven't played for serval months and I can't see myself coming back to the game as a serious raider anytime soon, so i will leave the update for WoD to anyone who feels like he/she can do it!

Edit: Haha hello guys, talking about the guide... how much is actually up-to-date at this time?? And how are we doing in raids? And how is SoO?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Maybe not best, but hopefully useful on fights where we need a reliable burst CD. I can also see it being a crazy good option for cleave fights since we get 100% increased Rake damage while incarnation is up.
    It's not going to stay like that, they just replaced "Pounce" with "Rake" without modifying the value.

Here is a macro i made because i took force of nature as feral, enjoy

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Shred
    /cast Force of Nature(Feral, Talent)
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

because FoN isn't on the GCD it will auto-cast it when ever you shred

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Here is a macro i made because i took force of nature as feral, enjoy

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Shred
    /cast Force of Nature(Feral, Talent)
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

because FoN isn't on the GCD it will auto-cast it when ever you shred
    This macro is top tier terrible, don't use it kids!

Forgive me if this has been answered, but what is the reason I see a number of top tier ferals using the Thok trinket in combination with nature's vigil and other talents that were thought not to be on the same level as DoC? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teca View Post
    Forgive me if this has been answered, but what is the reason I see a number of top tier ferals using the Thok trinket in combination with nature's vigil and other talents that were thought not to be on the same level as DoC? Thanks.
    Like who? All the ferals I see who are "top tier" all run with SoTF / DoC using Rune and Haromms/TED. You're probably looking at Fragnance's armory, correct? He's Guardian, which would explain incarnation, NV and thok trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Teca View Post
    NV + Thok trinket sounds like guardian paragon scorpion spec... or any guardian spec.

You don't want to use FON on CD, ever. You want to line it up with Rune procs whenever possible. Obviously don't sit on 3 charges and generally you can spend one charge if you have 2 stored charges and 1 second left before your 3rd charge is up while you wait for procs, but spamming this macro is a huge dps loss over managing it properly.

Deleted
    Leader of the Pack no longer restoring mana would be a huge nerf to the in-form rejuvenation healing, right? Or do we have/get another way to regen mana more quickly?

In a vacuum it would be a nerf, but they compensated with Mana Attunement, so it may or may not be a nerf depending on crit levels.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-06-20 at 07:35 PM.

It's a large nerf at any gear level, at least in raids, where you would have sustained contact with a target. Even at extremely low gear levels (~20% crit and ~10% haste -- almost no rating at all), leader of the pack would be expected to proc just over 3 seconds after falling off ICD. At more realistic gear levels (~30% crit) this expectation would be closer to 2 seconds.

This means we've lost 8% mana per 8-9 seconds. The compenation, mana attunement, gains us 2% per 5 seconds. This change cuts our overall mana regeneration by about 40%.

Previously we'd have been able to sustain a rejuvenation every ~8 seconds. Now we can only sustain one every ~13 seconds.

Of course the new setup is blatantly superior in any case where you spend a significant amount of time not attacking, so its not all bad for sure.

Quick question since i raided with rogue since t15 and re-rolling my kitty back as main
    Why is askmrrobot(sucks atm) telling ted+aoc are bis or should i still aim geting HC RoRo(no luck on coins/10man drops still)
    And with RoRo best choice is Harrom? or TED? or stick with 582 AoC?
    Thx fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    Quick question since i raided with rogue since t15 and re-rolling my kitty back as main
    Why is askmrrobot(sucks atm) telling ted+aoc are bis or should i still aim geting HC RoRo(no luck on coins/10man drops still)
    And with RoRo best choice is Harrom? or TED? or stick with 582 AoC?
    Thx fellas
    Not sure about AMR since i've always avoided using that site. But the "best combo" is usually HT+Rune, I still use a 543 rune and it is still BiS for me over other trinkets so 549 isn't required, it is just better than the 543 of course.

I generally don't recommend TeD because it is fairly inconsistent, and AoC can be better than HT, but usually only when fights get shorter than 3:15 so you get an extra Berserk out of it.