Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
58
108
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    All of those datamined changes have already been implemented, so they don't mean anything. The symbiosis change is probably new though.
    Maybe they are just going to be tooltip updates then, Ravage is still reading 700 weapon damage as of Thursday/as of posting this.

    With the change to HOTW I'm going to assume DOC is going to be pretty much mandatory?

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    With the change to HOTW I'm going to assume DOC is going to be pretty much mandatory?

    I really hope it isn't. While I have no problem weaving DoC into my rotation, I've come to like using HOTW.

  3. #143
    Can anyone confirm if the mangle/rake/shred changes are actually live? GC said 'most'. Symbiosis hasn't changed yet

  4. #144
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,338
    i got to love that new Ravage, awards 950 combo points
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/102545-ravage
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  5. #145
    As aggixx already said most of the changes are datamined and just tooltip updates.

    @Etapicx: As noone mentioned it on Oct 2nd was a hotfix changing the spells gained by Symbiosis for the non-Druid tank specs so the picture needs an update.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:02 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by randomnation View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the mangle/rake/shred changes are actually live? GC said 'most'. Symbiosis hasn't changed yet
    Those changes were applied as a hotfix around Sep 11th (Shred! followed a few days later). Symbiosis cast time is the only real change out of the datamined changes.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    With the change to HOTW I'm going to assume DOC is going to be pretty much mandatory?
    I did a quick approximation. I took a ranked log using HotW. That Feral had just short of 20% HotW uptime doing 30% of his damage. So his normal cat abilities did 70% of the damage during 80% of the fight time.

    Now let's look at the changes: the planned reduction from +500% to +320% is actually a reduction from 600% to 420% or a 30% decrease (ignoring the static damage of wrath for ease of calculation). Applying this change to the damage log will result in 91% of the previous damage. I don't know the current sims but extrapolating his cat damage to full fight length he'll have at best 88% of the previous damage (probably less because Berserk uptime won't change). Subtract the permanent 6% agility and the damage will be down to less then 83% of the previous damage. So my rough approximation says that DoC needs to be a 15% damage increase to be equal to HotW.

    TLDR: I guess there will still be a lot of fights favoring HotW over DoC but now there will be fights the other way round.
    Last edited by dancm; 2012-10-12 at 10:43 AM.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    As aggixx already said most of the changes are datamined and just tooltip updates.


    Those changes were applied as a hotfix around Sep 11th (Shred! followed a few days later). Symbiosis cast time is the only real change out of the datamined changes.[COLOR="red"]
    Isn't he referring to the change from 400% plus to 500% plus to shred and mangle; and the 15% reduction to rake that was just announced... Not to mention the 200% boost to ravage... I wonder how our stat values will look now

  7. #147
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    @Etapicx: As noone mentioned it on Oct 2nd was a hotfix changing the spells gained by Symbiosis for the non-Druid tank specs so the picture needs an update.
    Will be updated.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzumzah View Post
    Isn't he referring to the change from 400% plus to 500% plus to shred and mangle; and the 15% reduction to rake that was just announced... Not to mention the 200% boost to ravage... I wonder how our stat values will look now
    Who is he? aggixx or randomnation?

    The reason those changes are datamined now is datamining happens on the client. Those changes were server side hotfixes so the new PTR client is the first client containing those changes. On the server side (and therefore the side determining the actual damage) nothing changed.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    Who is he? aggixx or randomnation?.
    I was refering to randomnations post. I understand that nothing has changed on the server yet just like hotw is the same now but will be changed next week. I was just inquiring if these changes are implemented to change ravage, mangle, shred, etc... if it will greatly alter our stat weights. For example will it be status quo with mastery being king or will we return to our secondary stats being fairly similar in value like in cata.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzumzah View Post
    I was refering to randomnations post. I understand that nothing has changed on the server yet just like hotw is the same now but will be changed next week. I was just inquiring if these changes are implemented to change ravage, mangle, shred, etc... if it will greatly alter our stat weights. For example will it be status quo with mastery being king or will we return to our secondary stats being fairly similar in value like in cata.
    To make it clear:
    - There won't be changes to Mangle, Rake, Ravage or Shred (neither next week nor with patch 5.1). Randomnation was talking about the datamined "changes" of the PTR client (which won't go live next week). Those "changes" are allready live. You can test it by doing some damage to a training dummy and analyzing your combat log afterwards.
    - The theorycrafters allready included those values into their simulations.
    - The hotfix next week will change HotW and probably will reduce differences in secondary stat values but won't completely change them.
    - If you are using DoC nothing changes next week. The same for Nature's Vigil.
    - If you're switching talents during a raid session without porting back to a reforger you'll probably want to balance out your secondary stats.
    Last edited by dancm; 2012-10-12 at 02:34 PM.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    To make it clear:
    - There won't be changes to Mangle, Rake, Ravage or Shred (neither next week nor with patch 5.1). Randomnation was talking about the datamined "changes" of the PTR client (which won't go live next week). Those "changes" are allready live. You can test it by doing some damage to a training dummy and analyzing your combat log afterwards.
    - The theorycrafters allready included those values into their simulations.
    - The hotfix next week will change HotW and probably will reduce differences in secondary stat values but won't completely change them.
    - If you are using DoC nothing changes next week. The same for Nature's Vigil.
    - If you're switching talents during a raid session without porting back to a reforger you'll probably want to balance out your secondary stats.
    Ooohhhhh... gotcha. Thanks for the response.

  12. #152
    Just wondering if anyone can PM Leafkillers most uptodate ovale script to me.

    Leafkiller is no-longer posting the the script on the fluid druid forums and is only including it in Neriens addon for the ovale addon.

    My addons are overflowing so much that it's started to affect game performance and I would like to avoid downloading addon's for addon's where possable. :P

  13. #153
    Field Marshal Yazgot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    52
    I`m using NV+INC all the time also I forged my stats into mastery. I have ran Rawr today and it shows that I could do over 8% better dps when i reforge my stats to exp and hit. Is it lying or what?

    One more question: Because i dont like HotW build would it be better to change talents build to SotF and DoC. How big diffrence is between my build and SotF build.
    Last edited by Yazgot; 2012-10-12 at 04:54 PM.

  14. #154
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazgot View Post
    I`m using NV+INC all the time also I forged my stats into mastery. I have ran Rawr today and it shows that I could do over 8% better dps when i reforge my stats to exp and hit. Is it lying or what?

    One more question: Because i dont like HotW build would it be better to change talents build to SotF and DoC. How big diffrence is between my build and SotF build.
    HotW spellpower scaling is going to be nerfed anytime soon (confirmed by a blue post) DoC and SofT vs Inc+Nv is a quite big difference if you can do it right :-)

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 07:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    Just wondering if anyone can PM Leafkillers most uptodate ovale script to me.

    Leafkiller is no-longer posting the the script on the fluid druid forums and is only including it in Neriens addon for the ovale addon.

    My addons are overflowing so much that it's started to affect game performance and I would like to avoid downloading addon's for addon's where possable. :P
    Neriens ovale script is only changing the default script(If i am not totally wrong) so it shouldn't make any difference.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  15. #155
    Sorry if OT but i thought I should share it so that you all can remember it.


  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
    Sorry if OT but i thought I should share it so that you all can remember it.

    Nice video, but you do realize the IP in RIP means In Peace.
    So your title is Rest in peace in peace.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexers View Post
    Nice video, but you do realize the IP in RIP means In Peace.
    So your title is Rest in peace in peace.
    It's the oldest troll out there. Don't know how you still fall for it.


    Btw I laughed my ass off when you showed Mr. Bean. The amount of truth in what we do while HOTW is up was spot on. But still, I fucking love this talent and I'm super sad it's getting nerfed.

  18. #158
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    603
    Mr Bean once again made my day :-)
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli9090 View Post
    It's the oldest troll out there. Don't know how you still fall for it.


    Btw I laughed my ass off when you showed Mr. Bean. The amount of truth in what we do while HOTW is up was spot on. But still, I fucking love this talent and I'm super sad it's getting nerfed.
    agreed, i loved being an arcane mage just for 45 seconds.

    I really hope they decide to reduce the CD on it as well :>

  20. #160
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    603
    Updated DoC priority list

    Prepull;

    • Check buffs up Mark of the Wild
    • Cast a Healing Touch
    • (Optimal) Pop a Virmen's Bite
    • Savage Roar on 0 CPs


    Combat actions


    • Faerie Fire if not up on the target
    • Savage Roar keep up.
    • Healing Touch if Predatory Swiftness is up and you have 4 combo points on your target
    • Healing Touch if Predatory Swiftness is up and you have 1.5 seconds left on the buff
    • Healing Touch if Nature's Swfitness is up
    • Tiger's Fury only if energy below 35 (So you wont energy cap)
    • Sync Berserk right after Tiger's Fury(It's worth waiting for TF)
    • Ferocius Bite if target below 25% and Rip is up and below 3-4 seconds, no matter how many CPs you have.
    • Thrash if Omen of Clarity is up and Thrash is down or below 3-4 seconds
    • Nature's Swiftness if 5 combo points and Dream of Cenarius and Predatory Swiftness is down.
    • Virmen's Bite if DoC is up TF and optimal agility procs is up, target below 25% health and 5cps on the target followed by Rip.
    • Rip if combo points 5.
    • Shred to extend Rip if it's about to fade.
    • Ferociuse Bite if 5 CPs and Rip has 8 seconds or more durutation.
    • Sync every other Rake with Tiger's Fury and prefferebly DoC.
    • Shred if OoC is up.
    • Thrash if Thrash(DoT) is down and 5CPs on your primary target.
    • Shred to build combo points.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •