Its official NHL will be in a lock-out this season

i am really disappointed , and am i the only one that feel that they don't care about fans at all ?

they have until October 11th to make a deal , otherwise we wont have professional hockey this winter.

If the NHL wants to push itself further into irrelevance, this is a sensible move!

Honestly, if they're going to lockout again, they should at least go ahead and make some real changes this time around. The first couple seasons after the last lockout, when they cut down on the clutching and grabbing and opened the game up were great. We've gone back to a lot more grinding hockey again, for reasons I don't understand. If we're going to not have a season, let's at least fix some things.

It's a shame really, the first year I'm ready to actually pay to watch NHL (I'm in England and we have to buy an extra channel just to watch NHL) they go ahead and do this lockout thing. Sod's law.

Mixed feelings, good - > nhl players in the swedish league which is always fun, maybe my local team can sort out the goalie as well, I wouldn't mind seeing Henrik L play in his "swedish club", bad... well it's a lock out :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Mixed feelings, good - > nhl players in the swedish league which is always fun, maybe my local team can sort out the goalie as well, I wouldn't mind seeing Henrik L play in his "swedish club", bad... well it's a lock out :P
    Do you generally just get Swedish players in that circumstance or do you guys get players from other countries too? I never really thought about the impact on other leagues (I'm really more of a Sabres fan than a general hockey fan).

Niche sports gonna niche.

At least the Maple Leafs won't have a losing season!

10+ Year Old Account
    boo! boo! boo!
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

i heard Evegeni malkin and sergei gonchar are already traning with a team in the KHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Do you generally just get Swedish players in that circumstance or do you guys get players from other countries too? I never really thought about the impact on other leagues (I'm really more of a Sabres fan than a general hockey fan).
    Mostly swedish, but we get players from all the european countries during lock out seasons, Hossa, Chara etc was here last time for example. The Russian league have a bigger pull though I think, but we always get a lot of quality players here as well.The league isn't bad normal seasons either but it's no NHL.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

If the NHL wants to push itself further into irrelevance, this is a sensible move!

Honestly, if they're going to lockout again, they should at least go ahead and make some real changes this time around. The first couple seasons after the last lockout, when they cut down on the clutching and grabbing and opened the game up were great. We've gone back to a lot more grinding hockey again, for reasons I don't understand. If we're going to not have a season, let's at least fix some things.
    The NHL is no way grindy hockey. If you want to see grindy hockey go watch clips from the 90s and 80s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not official until midnight tonight by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
    The NHL is no way grindy hockey. If you want to see grindy hockey go watch clips from the 90s and 80s.
    NHL scoring, by year:

That 05-06 spike is what I was referring to as blissful paradise.

Meh I'm pretty sure most people don't watch hockey for the goals anyways, does seem a bit stupid though given the fact they're trying to boost the product which will boost profits by doing the one thing which will lose fans - although hasn't the NHL been pretty difficult in terms of labour agreements over recent years when compared with the other major leagues? Could be the fact that unlike the NFL & MLB and to a lesser extent now the NBA there's a large number of Europeans who have different labour attitudes than North Americans, could just be me overthinking the issue though.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    NHL scoring, by year:

That 05-06 spike is what I was referring to as blissful paradise.
    It's been up the last couple of seasons. Aside from teams like LA last season who were so shut down it was almost boring to watch, scoring has been on the incline the last two years. I can honestly say that in any given week, you would see like 4 or 5 games that all had a score with the winning team scoring at least 4 goals. Also, Philadelphia vs Winnipeg last year set a record of like 13 goals scored in a game, it was hilarious to watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    After baseball had their major lockout, it took years for it to recover... and still nowhere near as popular as it once was...

Hockey now... I can honestly say I won't spend money to ever see a home game ever again...