I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does PvP suck so bad in this game?

sPvP:
    Hot join is a hot mess and needs to be fixed. People can insta-drop with no repercussions and that easily turns the tide of a match. Seems like more matches are won or lost based on player retention through the entire match than anything else. I've joined multiple matches where my team is outnumbered 2:1 and autobalancing never actually takes place. On that same note I've joined with a team, done well, had the other team start insta-dropping once we get a decent lead and been auto-balanced to the other side so I take a loss. That's outstanding.

WvW:
    Its tedious. Unless your server is getting their poop pushed in at the spawn point you have some seriously loong runs either from rez or even from point-to-point. I stay ranged so I don't die as much as front-line melee, but wow, that's just poor design. Attrition compared to the distance from your spawn point seems to be a huge determining factor in taking a keep so the further away you are from a keep and the closer you are to theirs the more likely it is your group is going to fail at taking (and keeping) anything beyond a supply point. And lets not forget that people have figure out ways to bug/hack/whatever doors on keeps so if they lose them they can one-shot the door to gain it back. Fun to watch really...one second the door is there and reinforced and the next second its not and you're flooding into the keep.

I don't know why people point to the PvP as being so incredible in this game. Its bad. Its comparably worse than any MMO I've played to date. While I enjoy the 'skill' aspects of it I feel that its overshadowed by very poor design choices. Yes, I realize the game just came out but I don't see these as issues that will be going away anytime in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me more, oh please tell me more how your personal experience is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Mine was aweful too, had way more fun in Age of Conan and warhammer US pvp wise.
    MOP here i come !

As much as I hate GW2 in the sense that I played it for a week then stopped, I will say that WvWvW was actually a really fun part for me. Then again, my server was VERY high pop and we normally played VERY high pop servers, so attrition wasn't an issue. HOWEVER, run time to and from spawn points was absolutely rediculous.

Deleted
    He's right, though.

We can only wait for some sort of rating system. And glory-loss for leaving a battle (except in the first 10 seconds [so I can continue to leave fucking Capricorn]).

Pfft. You should try World of Warcraft where every BG is bots farming honor and you're always getting dc'd from the wall/terrain bug.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banyentertainment View Post
    Mine was aweful too, had way more fun in Age of Conan and warhammer US pvp wise.
    MOP here i come !
    Okay... and that's good pvp mainly because...?

Deleted
    I'd like to see something in place in WvW so that going in as melee isn't a death wish compared to ranged, but how you could ever do that without creating ways for people to abuse it, I don't know. I know you can always switch to a ranged weapon as a given class, but sometimes I just want to play mace straight to the face, not staff from across the path

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that all that anyone can give?

I guess I could link youtube videos or forum posts from GW2 to substantiate my opinion/personal experience but its still just that...personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Pfft. You should try World of Warcraft where every BG is bots farming honor and you're always getting dc'd from the wall/terrain bug.
    actually 99% of bots play better, and rank better, than normal players. My old guildmates would bot all the time and would be top dmg top heals in every BG, as well as cap the most points/flags. So odds are you are just playing with shit players.

So, this thread has already quickly started to go towards game vs. game and game bashing.

That and if you want to discuss PvP in this game, there are more productive ways to go about it. Titles like this are essentially no more than flamebait.