Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    You've never heard of Les Misérables?
    I have heard of that name from a distant memory from a cartoon of some sorts.

But I don't really know the story no....

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really think of anything that im a huge fanboy like that of, maybe doctor who....but now I am a huge anti-fanboy of two things. Nintendo and CoD...i hate both those beyond any rational thought. I have some rational reasons for it, but mostly its foaming at the mouth dislike.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The "fanboy" issue is mostly that some people defend without fail and will never accept criticism of things.

You can be critical of anything...

But some people are critical for criticism's sake.. and any debate with someone like that will usually yield the "fanboy" response from them.

With wow in particular you see a lot of critical for criticism's sake and knee jerk defenses mounted... both are wrong, and no matter what both will turn to insults eventually.

Sometimes you see criticism that's warranted and thought out and rationale, and a lot of times the fanboy will attack out of habit.

Like a point I take a little issue with is shaman's in wow, in particular elemental shamans. I just feel it's a spec that is never properly accounted for, likely because it isn't played in high population and even likelier that I play it (;p) Even on these forums it's hard to get past the defenders of blizz, with simple things like for 13 tiers of content elemental has been "good" for 2 and was nerfed during 1 of those and right at the end of the other. So as the critic it's hard to get the defense mode you get... One thing to keep in mind is that I'm not even of the delusion that I want to top charts, I just want to be competitive... But there is a lot of "a hybrid shouldn't be X" arguments that allows crop up, while Im pretty certain every hybrid has had more days in the sun than ele has. I guess at first glance, if you are a defender you take all criticism as critical for criticism's sake...
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monster Hunter, I get waaaaay overly defensive about monster hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    A sad, sad day...
    Les Mis? Is that like Swiss Miss?

The tv show Terriers. I love absolutely everything about that show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love

My wife is the only person on the planet who I would throw my life away to save. I wouldn't even think twice.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Love

My wife is the only person on the planet who I would throw my life away to save. I wouldn't even think twice.
    scrub, my wife has + 50 attack and +30 magic way better den yors

Monty Python and anything they've done.

Mel Brooks and most of the things he's done.

A few cartoons and animes, like A:TLA and DB (critisize DBZ all you want, but leave DB out of it).

And a few of my favorite bands (there's a list of ~25 songs you don't criticize in my car or I will kick you out and make you walk wherever we were going. Bashing earlier Zep stuff, mid Floyd stuff, Geddy Lee's voice, or calling any of my songs "boring" is also a zero-tolerance policy. I'm sorry if you don't see the majesty of Shine On You Crazy Diamond, but I'll be damned if I hear a word against it).

I don't usually respect people who dislike classic movies and obviously well-made movies, or at least their taste in movies. Even if it's not their tastes it doesn't take a genius to tell a good movie from a bad movie.

Like when people call a movie that is good bad simply because they personally didn't enjoy, not enjoying a movie doesn't always make it bad it can mean it's just not to your tastes.

For example The Lion King is my favorite animated and musical film of all time, yet I can still tell there are other animations and musicals that are better made than it (they just aren't my personal preference over it), I can also tell however that The Lion King is a superb movie.

I get annoyed when people use Personal Preference as a way to judge any kind of literature or art instead of a more objective look.

Deleted
    Stargate and Dungeon Keeper 2 oh and Transformers G1.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can explain why you dislike it, I will respect that opinion no matter how much I disagree with it, but, people just saying "it's bad" or similar I can't stand.

There's nothing that i'll blindly defend, maybe at first I might be like wait a minute, but then i'll just take a step back and try to see what they're saying. What really annoys me is when people state their opinion as fact, especially if they just say lol that's so bad with out any explanation, that really riles me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rhapsody of Fire (music) and Goldeneye 64 (game)

The Battlestar Galactica remake (especially the end). Screw the haters, I loved that show and loved the way they ended it.

Firefly, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, LOTR... Think that might be it

Vegemite. If you don't like vegemite, you're using it wrong. Seriously, vegemite is the perfect food substance in the galaxy and anyone who tries to give vegemite a bad name deserves to be stoned to death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnash View Post
    Monty Python and anything they've done.

Mel Brooks and most of the things he's done.

A few cartoons and animes, like A:TLA and DB (critisize DBZ all you want, but leave DB out of it).

And a few of my favorite bands (there's a list of ~25 songs you don't criticize in my car or I will kick you out and make you walk wherever we were going. Bashing earlier Zep stuff, mid Floyd stuff, Geddy Lee's voice, or calling any of my songs "boring" is also a zero-tolerance policy. I'm sorry if you don't see the majesty of Shine On You Crazy Diamond, but I'll be damned if I hear a word against it).
    Oh man, come on, I love Rush with my all heart, they are fantastic, but dat man's voice.. he's sounds like a second hand, badly made Robert Plant. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    (By no means is this a bad thing, it's sort of more tongue in cheek I suppose. Everyone has things like this.)

So you see people on the forums all the times of accused of being fanboys. Some perhaps are, so I pondered to myself what I am unnecessarily and overly defending of. I realize that this is stupid, but I can't help it either way.

For example, I will not hear a bad thing about FF7.
    The most thrown around phrase is "it's overrated" and as stupid as it sounds it just fills me with anger. Even though I know in my mind there are things wrong with it I just can't bear to hear bad words about it. Currently I kind of just accept it as a quirk that most people have; my Dad loves Oasis, and even though I think he knows Liam Gallagher is a bit of a bastard he will defend Oasis with his life (because he loves them so much.)

Another one of mine is Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, and I can't stand it when people say "lol killed hmself" and stuff like that. I dunno, it just riles me. IMO he was one of the greatest songwriters of the 90's, but that's just me.

Lastly, and I guess this a bit more understandable, but Queen are my favorite band, and whenever I say this and someone just replies with "lol isn't Freddie Mercury gay" it makes me want to throw a brick at a wall (attached to their head.) It's like, yes, he was, but he's also the greatest frontman/singer/songwriter of all time. Is that such a big deal that it's the first thing you think of?

Rant over.

What are you such a fanboy of that you really just won't hear a bad word about it/them?

(Disclaimer: It's okay to admit it. There is nothing wrong with it in most cases. :P)
    Even though I know you don't mean harm, you are one of those people who make mods close threads over. I don't wanna offend you, but I wish you and all other fanboys would simply not post on anything related to what they are a fanboy off...because you derail threads so easily.