Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    So having a second work that you have to pay on top of that any fun, can you explain that to me.
    Free time is the time for you to relax like eat something, talk, go to pub, build something and etc.
    Why would i want to do something in my free time that is a second job and on top of that i would have to pay for it.
    Not everyone enjoys the same things as you, dumbass, some people find playing WoW how Sanguinare described as relaxing & fun.

For some raiding is enjoyable enough to justify all the work required to do it, that number happens to be so high that millions of people raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    8 hours seems fairly light in all honesty. To be honest, i'll be taking my time, and if it takes me 3 days of playing, then i'll do it. Previous expansions i just ignored most of the content. My outlook has changed this time as doing just a few hubs on the beta (and not even reaching level 87) and seeing that even the "grind" quests aren't so bad due to AoE loot (and the scenery being light and airy), along with not being a raider this time around (most likely i won't be) means i'll take time to enjoy quests. I haven't truly enjoyed any quests since old world WPL (and the treacherous journey to EPL for termites as a level 52 just for the mass of XP it gave, followed by the free-xp-if-you-die-3-times cauldron runs), though i enjoyed many areas due to design and thus quests didn't seem so bad.

I had planned to just PVP my way to 90 and mix in the occasional dungeon, but i'm interested in the story again (and with the little bit i did on the beta, i want to see where it "finishes"), not for Panda's, but for filling in the blanks in the whole picture that i've got.

Guild groups can obviously farm instances and level to 90 the first day. I can see why they're popular especially for raiders, but i can see why it's of no interest to some people. So, if it can be done in 8 hours if you rush, then i'm happy to take 32 over a week or so and enjoy it.
    You're not missing anything, the leveling "content" in MOP and previous expansions is just generic quests that involve killing X amount of mobs or gather X amount of Y, or talking to X.
    If you're into the lore you're better off exploring the continent itself and finding the hidden things like the new lore scrolls & books they've added specifically for MOP.

Personally I'll be skipping as many quests as possible, as we're being forced to do dailies to unlock the valor vendors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    From what i understand the actual /played time that it should take is about 24 hrs. I'm not sure if the guild perks were included in that calculation or not though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deeveeus View Post
    Damn i wonder if you guys even enjoy the game! All i see is how fast this, how long that, have you actually experienced what you are paying to play? Me personally, i plan to take my time and enjoy the content and enjoy the lore. this is an mmo, its not a race lolz. but yea on topic, if you run with a group you can level in like 10-15 hours, i hear
    I like leveling, but some people enjoy the game at max level, hence the rush :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Not everyone enjoys the same things as you, dumbass, some people find playing WoW how Sanguinare described as relaxing & fun.

For some raiding is enjoyable enough to justify all the work required to do it, that number happens to be so high that millions of people raid.
    I doubt that most people play this game for raiding only, i would say they play because they have good laught on vent, enjoy pvp, gaining achievements, or like me played warcraft 3 and like the setting and the story.

Off topic, do not need to offend anyone here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    You're not missing anything, the leveling "content" in MOP and previous expansions is just generic quests that involve killing X amount of mobs or gather X amount of Y, or talking to X.
    If you're into the lore you're better off exploring the continent itself and finding the hidden things like the new lore scrolls & books they've added specifically for MOP.

Personally I'll be skipping as many quests as possible, as we're being forced to do dailies to unlock the valor vendors.
    I wonder if you actually did a complete leveling path from 85-90. I personally went JF -> VFW -> KLS -> TLS and though there were the generic gather x or y or kill a of b there were plenty of the unique flavor quests that made the experience exciting and memorable. Pair that with the cut scenes and the brand new lore and area it was truly amazing; a definite step above WotLK questing (which imo was the best questing in the game at the time).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    I like leveling, but some people enjoy the game at max level, hence the rush :P
    Enjoying the max lvl game play doesn't mean you can't enjoy the leveling process, exploration and finding hidding things.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    how long will it take 85-90 if i play like 10-12 hrs a day?
    Your first character though, if you are solo questing. about 25-30 hours

Your second character through, solo questing.. 18hrs.

Really why do some people even comment? Don't just go shooting down people for trying to hit 90 ASAP and 'Rushing the Content'.

Believe it or not, most people have ALTS these days. So you Rush your first toon to 90 ASAP to get Heroic Gear ASAP so you're as geared as possible for raiding when it unlocks the next week. THEN after X amount of time passes and you have more free time because you're not as raiding focused and spamming dailies etc on your main, you then do the 85-90 experience, take it slow and enjoy the; Dungeons, Quests, Story, Landscape etc.

This whole 'Omg why do you idiots want to rush the leveling experience, you're all so stupid', is instantly shut down by the concept of Alts. Not to mention there is of course the other breed of people who just simply hate leveling, so they rush it simply to be max and enjoy everything they can do at Max.

OT: It took me just over 24 hours to hit 85 in Cataclysm, so I'm going to assume somewhere close to that number. I level'd to 90 before the XP increase, so I'm not really sure how long it would take now, but I hit 90 within like 2 days and I was only playing for 6 or so hours each day... So ~12hours before the XP increase, so after it might be around that ~18-24hr mark. So probably 2, maybe 3 MAX to hit 90 if OP is doing like 10-12 hours a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's to healthy to be playing continually for extended periods with out breaks, food or a bath , the content will be there long after you reach lvl 90 and , unless you are going for realm first lvl 90 then good luck =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    It took me just over 24 hours to hit 85 in Cataclysm, so I'm going to assume somewhere close to that number. I level'd to 90 before the XP increase, so I'm not really sure how long it would take now, but I hit 90 within like 2 days and I was only playing for 6 or so hours each day... So ~12hours before the XP increase, so after it might be around that ~18-24hr mark. So probably 2, maybe 3 MAX to hit 90 if OP is doing like 10-12 hours a day.
    This is pretty close to where i was on Beta. ofc if you leveled once in beta it'll take you far less time on live because you know where you're going already.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka06 View Post
    The Realm First 90 time for pure questing will be 10.5-11.5 hours. So take that as a reference, for a casual time.
    did you actually manage to do the 5 levels in that time? i leveled several characters on beta and never dinged in less than 15 hours, i doubt anyone solo questing can beat that time by 4-5hours

Quote Originally Posted by deeveeus View Post
    Damn i wonder if you guys even enjoy the game! All i see is how fast this, how long that, have you actually experienced what you are paying to play? Me personally, i plan to take my time and enjoy the content and enjoy the lore. this is an mmo, its not a race lolz. but yea on topic, if you run with a group you can level in like 10-15 hours, i hear
    I'm assuming you are guildless? and play by yourself? because most people level fast as they can and care less about the lore because of something called "End Game Content", you know the stuff you do with Guilds/Other people. The fun stuff.

I made a video about how i leveled 85-90 in 7 hours , still uploading them tho. it takes forever to edit / upload those wow movies as the raw video size is over 200gb. ( Just 30mins of recording )

I uploaded the 1st part

Uploading the 2nd part right now. It took 3 video's for 85-86 in jadeforest.

Here is the timing that you can expect from this guide WITHOUT ANY BUFFS ( No flasks , No food , No Drums of Forgotten Kings , No Runescroll of Fortitude , No Potions , No guild standard )

85-86 1hour 20mins
    86-87 1hour 30mins
    87-88 1hour 43mins
    88-89 Roughly 2hours
    89-90 2hours 5mins

I will make the guide sometime this week when i am done editing those video's , Please note that Jade forest is pretty straight foward & any1 can lvl 85-86 in less than 1hour 30mins , What matters is the next zones where you neeed some1 to guide you through the quests . I mean which quests to take & which ones to avoid , what is the best questing path. I am speaking from my experiance from lvling on beta over 15 times to 90 trying to compete for world 1st but i ended up getting realm 1st as my isp went down for 3 hours on MoP release night , i have proof for everything just wait for my guide if you are looking for a lvling guide , I can offer you 85-90 in 6 hours Solo without rested exp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amherian View Post
    I made a video about how i leveled 85-90 in 7 hours , still uploading them tho. it takes forever to edit / upload those wow movies as the raw video size is over 200gb. ( Just 30mins of recording )

I uploaded the 1st part

Uploading the 2nd part right now. It took 3 video's for 85-86 in jadeforest.

Here is the timing that you can expect from this guide WITHOUT ANY BUFFS ( No flasks , No food , No Drums of Forgotten Kings , No Runescroll of Fortitude , No Potions , No guild standard )

85-86 1hour 20mins
    86-87 1hour 30mins
    87-88 1hour 43mins
    88-89 Roughly 2hours
    89-90 2hours 5mins

I will make the guide sometime this week when i am done editing those video's , Please note that Jade forest is pretty straight foward & any1 can lvl 85-86 in less than 1hour 30mins , What matters is the next zones where you neeed some1 to guide you through the quests . I mean which quests to take & which ones to avoid , what is the best questing path. I am speaking from my experiance from lvling on beta over 15 times to 90 trying to compete for world 1st but i ended up getting realm 1st as my isp went down for 3 hours on MoP release night , i have proof for everything just wait for my guide if you are looking for a lvling guide , I can offer you 85-90 in 6 hours Solo without rested exp.
    Im interested in that guide, great job!

Deleted
    Solo in 2 days. Easily in the morning of the second day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amherian View Post

Lol you are so lame srsly. You are a big lier, u didnt dc and u was the one that paid ppl gold to camp the horde lock to get server first.

Deleted
    Lvl your raiding toon to 90 as quick as possible, so you can gear it up in heroics, finish professions, and prepare to instantly start raiding.
    Lvl your alt medium to 90 depending for the reason, in my that was to get professions up to finish my main's one and enjoy heroics and lfr on it.
    Lvl your other alt to 90 slowly to enjoy the lore and scenery. I'm so weird.

I was the 1st to hit 86 & i got dc at 86, By the time i got lvl 87 many people were 89 , I am really not sure if you are serious saying i level 3 times by paying people to camp other players when i was the one getting camped , So you are saying i got 86 then went afk for 3 hours looking for people that is already lvl 87+ to camp hordes so i can get realm 1st solo ? Wouldn't it be easier for me to get a 5man group doing dungeons & skip the crowd. Anyway those videos that i am uploading will be a good prove that i can lvl from 85-90 in 6-7hours , so whatever you are saying it won't work. try harder next time

Edit : fortunately, I got some SS that prove your fake story but i will wait with uploading them till i am done with the videos just to keep every1 excited
    Last edited by amherian; 2012-12-03 at 12:02 AM.