Issues with gw2 account related, could use some suggestions on how to deal with this.

Hello guys, sorry for the bit vague post title but I couldn't fit everything and I'm speechless about this situation and could use some serious help, I thought the community here might have an idea.

Back a few months ago I was invited into the gw2 beta, didn't enjoy too much the game, but wanted to give another try to the finished product.When I wanted to buy it arenanet had stopped purchases from the site, so I decided to wait since I really like to buy directly from the makers of games, while I was waiting I received 2 strange mails, the first said someone tried to change my account mail and that I needed confirmation, I didn't trust it(and I wasn't asking for anything) so I let it slip.A week or 2 ago I got another mail saying that someone succesfully changed my mail and I went into panic mode and called for help at gw2 support, but I'm stuck.

Basically it seems my old beta account or something(I still should have a gw1 account...maybe?) got hacked.Fine, I didn't have a game linked so no loss right? Well that would be too easy, I can't acces so even if I buy I can't input my serial and can't generally use my account, not that I'd trust it untill it's "fixed" and I can get a safer password, but now the issue arises, support isn't helping much, they keep asking me for my character name and my 25digit serial code, that...SURPRISINGLY, I don't have, since I got my e-mail changed before I could even buy the damn thing, what you guys think I should do?

Am I worrying for nothing? Am I not seeing something related to this? I don't exactly want to make another e-mail just for gw2, and I generally have my computer safe.I had once an old dead account hacked, but I since then formatted, resecured my drives/pc and generally took care of what I did browse, and never had issues in any form.

I'd really love to have a working and safe gw2 account and to be sure my gw1 is still clean, but arenanet support is kinda deaf, they just spam me with the standard response and I don't trust to buy a game to get it hacked again...

Thanks in advance, please if you have any idea help me out!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Think probably the only way is to make another email account. Since you don't have a serial code since you don't have the game, there's no way you can retrieve it.
    Probably best to make a new email since you haven't really lost anything, less of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Think probably the only way is to make another email account. Since you don't have a serial code since you don't have the game, there's no way you can retrieve it.
    Probably best to make a new email since you haven't really lost anything, less of a hassle.
    I'd do this. On the GW1 side of things, I think you can change the email tied to it from your NCsoft master account page. If not, I think they're the ones to help you to get that changed. Hope this helps.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the account was hacked, it's wise to get a new e-mail anyways. So you might as well make an e-mail for yourself *JUST* for your account

With Gmail, it's actually very easy to have multiple e-mail accounts, as you can link them all together.
    (seriously guys, let's just accept our Google overlords - they have gone up against countries and won)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    ill mark this one as answered, was going to say the same as drake which is rare.

Thanks guys, so there's no hope of recovering? damn, I've got already 4 e-mails for different reasons...and I don't think I ever had a ncsoft master account that I can remember, so if they got gw1 account too, well that's gone(not that I still play it but whatever).

I'll try and poke arenanet a bit more to avoid having 5 e-mails, but yeah I was worried it'd have to come to that...super annoying, I had also an unique password for gw2, so not sure how the hell they got it, it was even harder than my usual standards -_-