Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, how prepared are you?

With little over a week of Cata left its closing in on the final days of preparation for MoP.
    I was just wondering how others prepared for this and maybe we could share some pointers

Currently i have mats to get to skill 530ish right after launch which should save me some MoP mats i guess.
    Gathering the last few Archy fragments so i have most races at the 200 cap, which might get me to 600 or close to it.

I have many monsters and rainbow skittle no matarial, if you do this you are jabroni quite possibly lol!

25 Daily quests sitting in Quest log.
    4 enchantment scrolls for each slot in my bags.
    2 characters to level 90 on beta. Gonna work on one more to see what changed.
    20 Flasks for the Wind
    2 stacks of Buff food.
    3 x 50 drums of forgotten kinds (4% kings)
    Watched a bunch of Guides.
    Head and Back heirlooms for 85 to 86.

All i am missing is 4 more maniacs to run dungeons from launch and skip the bottle necks in the first zone... Any takers?

for real life i took a week off work ( cause personal stuff on the 27th) and will eat non-greasy food and cola. I don't drink coffee and energy drinks make me sleepy, but last time i managed to play 17 hours without problem.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-09-16 at 10:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Head and Back heirlooms for 85 to 86.
    I thought those were fixed to stop give exp the moment you hit 85?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Just passing by to say that to level Arch from 525 to 600 you need Pandaria fragments, and that heirlooms don't do anything once you are 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I thought those were fixed to stop give exp the moment you hit 85?
    I was wandering the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    havnt even bought it yet...

Deleted
    I'm not prepared at all. Was busy playing D3, GW2 and doing my life in the last months. Looking forward to it tho. I guess my mentality has changed over the course of 2012, in which I don't feel any need to rush anything in WoW. Third time in a row that boredom got me in the last half year of an expansion, so why rush it in the beginning?

Deleted
    0.(Save money to buy the expansion XD)
    1. Leveled a DK to be my tank
    2. Farmed 15K
    3. Got some sweet ground mounts :3
    4. And did/got a bunch of not-so-important-yet-quite-neat-or-handy stuff

Deleted
    I have no need to be prepared. Cleared my bags/banks month ago, sold most of my cata mats etc. When MoP hits, i just level and farm mats for AH to make profit and sit on top of my gold pile like i've done all these years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have some buff food and flasks leftover from DS raiding, and that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have 25 TB dailies on 2 characters by launch, 2 guild banks full of bolts, ore, and other mats to sell to impatient pandas, stat food and flasks, and I'll get some cata mats to lvl my profs 5-10 lvls.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Eh...prepared enough, I guess. Got all 10 of my toons up to 525 in both professions finally and I have been clearing out all the shit out of my bags so I have enough room for the new stuff..and I'm buffing up all my bags to 22+ slot bags and putting some aside for my monk.

On the contrary, my guild is pretty much dead...like most of the rest of the server, and I have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm going yet in that regard. I'll figure it out, I guess.

got some the heirlooms scrambled together over the course of 2 years..

and thats about it
    i might have to check if i bought MoP yet.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    is there any information regarding the heirlooms to confirm whether or not they work until 86? I've not done beta but I do have heirlooms, I guess no one actually knows for certain :P

OP, cant say there is anything to prepare this time around. Cataclysme changed the old world, so some grinds was done there.

This time...its like, well if you been on beta and spoiled the lvling good for you. Will make you go faster :P

And stocking gold....nothing to prepare for really. I much rather prepare IRL, considering taking some days off, maybe do some cleaning, more exercize etc.

I wanna try finish some BG achivements trough, but never any openraid for it sigh.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    25 TB + Firelands Dailies
    20 Flasks of Draconic Mind
    20 Int-food
    one lvl 90 of BETA

I'm playing on a low populated Server, so hopfefully I'll reach Realmfirst :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Across 9 characters...

25 Dailies Ready
    525 in Primary, Secondary, FA, Cooking, Fishing professions
    4000 JP
    4000 Honor
    5/5 T14 and 397 in non-tier
    Bags cleared

I honestly feel like stocking up food/flasks/potions is a bit overkill. The difference between hitting mob 3 times, and 3 times a bit harder seems unnecessary.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    2 stacks of flask,10 stacks of tol'vir potions
    25 dailies ready to turn-in in less than 5 minutes
    pentakill mob killing set (on hit damage on trinket and focus regen to have less downtime)

sitting 5m from the fridge with limitless amount of food/coffeine

still won't fight for server first (haven't done a single MoP quest yet) but aim to get server first with professions and be ready for raiding on proper time

Haha i created this topic to get peoples insight on Profession prepwork but ok, i can see how it went the way it did

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Just passing by to say that to level Arch from 525 to 600 you need Pandaria fragments, and that heirlooms don't do anything once you are 85.
    Thanks, didnt know about that.

Guess i need to do some prepwork with TB daily quests (since that seems to be the most easy one to do) altho im a little afraid of the login servers at release.
    Based on GC's twitter reply thats on the frontpage it seems a relogg wont be necessary to start gaining xp but if it does it would instantly become a nightmare.
    Last edited by Mascotte; 2012-09-16 at 11:14 PM.