Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Great work but we all know something that involves team work won't work in places like LFR or LFD. Raid wipe mechanics or more then using 2-3 extraordinary abilities like stun/interrupt/cc is going to be to hard. We have also seen that it doesn't work when Blizzard tries to make things harder. They are now at this point in game that everything has to be easier and easier (I am not talking just about content but pet battle entry fee, grinding reps etc.). If they release LFR harder then DS LFR was you can expect major nerfs within few weeks.

LFR aint for noobs, its for raiders who cant commit to a guild anymore beacuase of RL. And with LFR they can que for it anytime they want and get a good raiding experience. You know raiding = wiping = learning = killing the boss, not going there facerolling everything and geting free epics. DS LFR was crap, ive seen sometimes 5-10 people afk in it.
    In theory it should be like this, but this is just romantic view. I know many people with children, work and not much amount of free time and they are successful raiders. Not world first or crowd who can kill things without debuff but they can down heroic bosses in just 2 days with 3h per day. LFR, unfortunately, has become AFK ground with players are not willing to learn anything

P.S. Do I need to say it's my opinion?

Deleted
    I'm with you bro that's 100% right!

Deleted
    That will be interesting i have no patience to wipe in LFR

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibar View Post
    Do you get paid to do this? That seems like a TONN of work man. I'm doing a project right now and just taking some time off. Jeez this is well thought out and structured and there's so much info. It must have taken you very long to do it. So long that I sure hope you got paid to. I've been working on my Business Requirments for about 4 hours now and I'm still don't have that amount of info in it.

Much respect man!
    Thanks very much and no I do not get paid I wanted to help the raiding community here and this was one of my ways to do it. My experiences and other peoples experiences inside LFR during extensive beta testing has culminated in the guide you see. Unfortunately I cannot predict how much of this will remain exactly true come live and will make ammends where needs be. I do hope that people do try view the bosses they are going to come up against and get a general idea, because that much will stay true. If people only read the tank/healer/dps parts, that's still something and will probably stay 100% true even on live 2 days to go for EU, 1 day to go for USA.

I will be very grateful for people to provide info on things that I still need to input that can only naturally be done on live.

Deleted
    Thank you very much for this guide, it's been very helpfull, especially the boss encounters. Altho i have not much of hope for the LFR going well, i'll stay optimistic and go for it prepared. I just hope many more people will realize it's necessary to at least look at the tactics.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for the LFR, I'm in a guild with 2 10 man groups and we are going to be queing in one big group

Deleted
    Very nice strategy guide , but as always , 90% from your LFR raid didn't read it and won't want to read any guide.

They won't even listen the advices . Some of them won't even understand english.

Another big fail incoming from Blizzard . 1 shot mechanics in LFR ? What are those guys at Blizzard smoking ?

One guy being able to wipe the raid ? There will be at least 5 of them doing it in any LFR encounter. If they leave anothers will join.

If the raid chief designer at Blizzard will keep his job after this they don't care about their money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice guide. However, for those that read it, I think this is going to do more to detract people from LFR than get people into it. We all know the average LFR user from Cataclysm, and we all know that those same people will be the ones going in the first few weeks. Just like we knew not to use LFD for Cataclysm heroics in the first few weeks of 4.0 since we knew the people that used LFD in Wrath in 3.3.

I was actually a bit excited for LFR until I read the guide. I think I'll just stick to normal and heroic. LFR actually sounds HARDER just for the fact that you know who's going to be there. The exact same people you didn't want in your Dragon Soul LFR will be there in the first few weeks of an LFR that actually requires you to pay attention and not be AFK and know half a lick about your class. Unless I can guarantee 24 other me's in my group, I'll pass.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to join LFR with pre maid group? Ideal 25 man ^^
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Honestly, this is never going to work.
    With any luck, it'll convince Blizzard that "LFR" should instead be an entry-level raiding mode with all normal-mode mechanics on softer settings and without the totally inappropriate matchmaking system. Unfortunately, you just can't preserve the challenge of raiding while allowing random, uncommitted, griefer-ridden groups to clear it. Blizzard got ahead of itself, as cross-server grouping largely serves the need to expand beyond realm social circles.

Otherwise, the possibility of real challenge for players makes LFR a great prospect for organized groups.

Great compilation. I am definitely bringing as big of a guild group with me as possible... this is going to be frustrating to run with LFR. So we will probably provide the tanks and most heals and some dps, that way we can just carry the group. That is better than wiping for hours and gives a little more power to kick truly bad players.

Looking at the journal, I didn't really see many removed mechanics.

Hopefully this raid won't be so gutted since it was designed with LFR in mind, instead of LFR added on after it was already designed/tuned.

That said, we plan to run a 25m through it on Tuesday, there's no way we would want to try this out with PUGs.

great post , thanks for this. Hope it will be an use for those "casual" raiders at lfr.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    Is it possible to join LFR with pre maid group? Ideal 25 man ^^
    Yes you can bring 25 friends or guild etc.

Thanks for the write up, was very helpful. Am a bit worried about how LFR is going to go now after reading it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be worried It will all be ok /hug

Deleted
    /facepalm
    It seems BLizzard screwed again, even after the disaster that was Cataclysm.
    I don't understand them. They want to make raid more accessible with LFR, yet they make it challenging.
    That's just plain illogical and redundant (there is already normal and hard mode for those who seek challenge)
    LFR is going to be a nightmare.

OT: very well written guide, thanks for taking your time to put it together Azshira

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    An LFR that allows 1 dps to wipe the raid? I´d be willing to bet that one mechanism will be removed within 3 weeks (the dot that blows up the raid).
    I don't know.
    How long did the wipe mechanism of the first boss of Grim Batol lasted? I think it was never removed.
    You know that fire elemental that insta-killed everyone in range when it explodes...
    I couldn't stand it (as a healer) because we chain-wiped on it (dps weren't switching target nor trying to avoid the elemental).
    I really cursed Blizzard on this encounter because it was an absolutely awful fight for LFD.
    You shouldn't allow one incompetent player to wipe the groupe/raid in LFD/LFR (not to mention how it also enables griefing...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    /facepalm
    You shouldn't allow one incompetent player to wipe the groupe/raid in LFD/LFR (not to mention how it also enables griefing...)

You can bet on it ...I wil do it for sure : I'm gona study every encounter and know any mechanics how to wipe the raids. And I will do it again and again .

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how a lot of these LFR fights are rated a "5" on awareness required.

Give me a break.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I like how a lot of these LFR fights are rated a "5" on awareness required.

Give me a break.
    Ìn terms of LFR for awareness this is quite accurate from potential wiping vs some encounters where it's much harder to wipe to certain mechanics. Most bosses in Heart of Fear are a lot tougher than any of the other 2 raids in terms of individual awareness.