Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Sure Avatar for PvP is a no brainer...
    I am not that sure about Storm Bolt > BloodBath for PvE though... will have to look up that Landsoul's video... is it recent and definitely not outdated?
    Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    Sure Avatar for PvP is a no brainer...
    I am not that sure about Storm Bolt > BloodBath for PvE though... will have to look up that Landsoul's video... is it recent and definitely not outdated?
    Thanks anyway

I watched the video this morning and its about 3 weeks old. Regarding Storm Bolt or Bloodbath, Landsoul concluded that Storm Bolt was superior for single target and bloodbath would be better for AoE situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I really misunderstood how Blood Bath worked. >_< I thought the dot would continue to tick harder as more damage was put through and be refreshed until the 12 seconds was up and then 30% of your damage in that 12 seconds would continue as the dot for six seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    If you consider PVP then there is no discussion. Take Avatar or gtfo.
    For Arena, yes. For RBGs the synergy with Bloodbath and Bladestorm is actually pretty awesome. Especially with Staggering Shout...BB->BS->SS..rooted everyone around the flag and they're taking a ton of damage. AOE is king for flag control. Assuming you have good AoE otherwise though, Avatar is still gonna be your best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Partyhats View Post
    For Arena, yes. For RBGs the synergy with Bloodbath and Bladestorm is actually pretty awesome. Especially with Staggering Shout...BB->BS->SS..rooted everyone around the flag and they're taking a ton of damage. AOE is king for flag control. Assuming you have good AoE otherwise though, Avatar is still gonna be your best choice.
    I can't imagine not taking Shockwave for PvP, but I guess group comp will factor into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I can't imagine not taking Shockwave for PvP, but I guess group comp will factor into that.
    Good point. Shockwave is always a good choice in PVP. I wish Bladestorm was just a baseline warrior ability

I thought bloodbath was #1 for smf

Deleted
    So in conclusion buy some dust of disapeareance and change between the two talents when its needed in pve ! shwingggggg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIXZERO View Post
    Wow, I really misunderstood how Blood Bath worked. >_< I thought the dot would continue to tick harder as more damage was put through and be refreshed until the 12 seconds was up and then 30% of your damage in that 12 seconds would continue as the dot for six seconds.
    See it like this. Every ability you do during Bloodbath causes a 6 second dot for 30% of that. They stack with eachother for simplicity's sake (putting up a dot for every attack would result in cluster). When the 12 seconds are over, the dot will continue to tick down for 6 more seconds, as the last ability during Bloodbath still has to tick out. It progressively builds up and declines at the end, as the last tick for Bloodbath (18th second) will only be the final tick of the final ability, all the other abilities will have finished ticking by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, I see, gotcha.

As someone who doesn't have the brain for delving through all these numbers and variables, can somebody give me a skinny on as baseline for when each talent would be optimally used, for Arms/SMF/TG?

Deleted
    Personally as prot I much prefer Avatar for challenge modes atleast

At the end of the day Avatar + Reck + Blood fury + Skull Banner = 150k+ dps burst. It's fucking outrageous how much damage it does. I attacked a lvl 90 mage for fun and killed him in literally 3 seconds after popping all those cd's.

Deleted
    I've been using Storm Bolt, while it lacks the AOE potency, I feel that it's the best choice to fill my gaps in which my BT doesn't crit, so to say as a filler with priority.

Deleted
    +it really hits hard(ish) on unstunnable mobs (which almost always includes bosses)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvE Wise -
    Stormbolt for Bosses. 400% Weapon DMG. Crits for me with reck and banner just below 400k.
    Avatar is PvP - Wreck mages with immunity to slow.

Easy as that. No need for big logs, etc. You're better off with Storm Bolt due to it's high dmg and low CD. Compared to Avatar it's quite powerful (3min cd).

Deleted
    For prot atleast for challenge modes I would say Avatar trumps stormbolt easily
    As for raids where there is only one target, stormbolt and Avatar are probably going to be fairly equal and just depend on the fight itself on how often you can maximize the damage from both those abilities

I fail to see why everyone just threw Bloodbath out the window.

Deleted
    Just to clarify, Dragon's Roar is a melee ability since a few builds ago, making it proc with BB

Deleted
    I have the feeling that Bloodbath will become much stronger than the other choices once we are geared for the following reasons:

...you won't need a filler anymore because your BT crits frequently
    ...your special attacks will only hit harder, making the bleed stronger because of good scaling
    ...it works well in AOE situations as well as single target ones, making it the best "cookie-cutter" choice.