Macroing Heroic Strike to Other Abilities

Hi All,

New Fury warrior here, and I'm having a bit of trouble fitting Heroic Strike into my PvE rotation. One of the main issues is that I'm using a Naga with 36 keys spread through no modifier, alt modifier and shift modifier (12 keys each). I know the fury rotation, I know when I should use heroic strike, but hitting it with my mouse hand (on the naga), I feel like I lose the off GCD time because i'm not hitting other keys at the same time, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I was wondering how others have handled this? I tried Macroing Heroic Strike to Raging Blow and it seems to work okay and keeps me from rage capping, but it wouldn't be quite is good if I needed to cleave because I wouldn't have the rage for it.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Fury has like 3-4 buttons?
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

You shouldn't really have any issues. Since there's a small delay between CS debuff being applied to your target and your GCD completing, you have a room in between to hit your heroic strike before you start with your on-global abilities, essentially leaving you with a ~0.75 second GCD between each normal rotational ability and each heroic strike. Just HS directly after CS is applied (having a weakaura tracker with a sound effect certainly helps, but isn't necessary)
    Vanguard @ Kazzak EU

Destruction Warlock: Crisius
    Fury Warrior: Wrexit
    Enhancement Shaman: Tikite
    BM Hunter: Schploof

I personally use mouse wheel down for heroic strike and rebound my zoom functions. Really easy to do while pressing other buttons.

Dreadlord
    Fury is about pooling rage for the CS cycle. Not going into the CS cycle with already dumped rage. Also, you want 4 heroic strikes within your CS cycle, especially with the tierset bonus. Since not every ability in your CS is Raging blow obviously, you shouldnt bind it to any ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    There is a reason you don't just pull numbers out of your ass and throw them on the forums. People will show you wrong. Ass numbers are useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    I can't believe warriors wine about their defensive capabilities. DK's and warrs are even on heals.

Never, ever, ever, EVER macro HS into any abilities. Period. There is no room for discussion here.

Either practice and get better, or don't bother unless you're going to play Gladiator in WoD.
    Have any questions about the Warlords beta? Ask me!
    <WoD Beta Club>

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Either practice and get better, or don't bother unless you're going to play Gladiator in WoD.

Except, Heroic Strike is gone from Fury in WoD. Nice attitude though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    You misread. I agree on the attitude part though.
    Vanguard @ Kazzak EU

Destruction Warlock: Crisius
    Fury Warrior: Wrexit
    Enhancement Shaman: Tikite
    BM Hunter: Schploof

You can use HS while the other skills are on GCD, no need to worry.
    Someting like => BT > CS > HS > RB > HS > BT > HS > SB > HS > RB

Field Marshal
    I personally bind most my off gcd things to the keyboard while the naga has rotational abilities bound. Cleave / heroic strike / change stance / rocket boots / pot, are all on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Do you know how to read? Unless he's going to play Glad in WoD, he needn't worry about learning how to correctly use HS, because that is the only DPS spec it will be relevant for.

The attitude is because I have to deal with self-righteous assholes like you.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-08-25 at 03:04 PM.
    Have any questions about the Warlords beta? Ask me!
    <WoD Beta Club>

He might still want to learn how to correctly use heroic strike regardless of what spec he's playing in wod because he's playing fury now and doesn't want to be bad at it for the next two and a half months.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    You shouldn't really have any issues. Since there's a small delay between CS debuff being applied to your target and your GCD completing, you have a room in between to hit your heroic strike before you start with your on-global abilities, essentially leaving you with a ~0.75 second GCD between each normal rotational ability and each heroic strike. Just HS directly after CS is applied (having a weakaura tracker with a sound effect certainly helps, but isn't necessary)
    This, you should really have no problem "weaving" HS into your rotation. Might take a little practice but it's not too difficult.

NEVER macro HS to another skill, bad idea IMO.

High Overlord
    Can understand why this is an issue on your naga.

Would recommend you have your primary ability keybinds on the keyboard, and then have your thumb pressing mouse buttons for off-gcd abilities ( active mitigation, heroic strike, cleave, etc ). Yeah everything changes in WoD but should definitely not lean on the mouse for every bind IMO.

I had same issue so i keybinded heroic strike to "F" and cleave to "R" it works really well for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    Can understand why this is an issue on your naga.

Would recommend you have your primary ability keybinds on the keyboard, and then have your thumb pressing mouse buttons for off-gcd abilities ( active mitigation, heroic strike, cleave, etc ). Yeah everything changes in WoD but should definitely not lean on the mouse for every bind IMO.
    Basically this, if you have everything bound to your mouse keys, I can see why you would have an issue with getting the strikes in between other abilities, depending on how quick you can move your thumb about. Just switch a few keybinds around and practice practice practice! It really isn't as hard as it sounds, just have to get some muscle memory for it.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. The universe is winning...