Trying to find a dungeon group

Anyone else noted that after 5 attempts of asking in /m or /s for a dungeon group that Arenanet will then block any further tells (I guess this in is response to gold spammers). I have no problems with this however AN should implement a dungeon matching system (one that people will actually use, I see barely anyone using the lfg tag on SoS.)

You know, if you adjust your text then you will be able to write more in /map?

Example: LFG Arah SM - 5 times you get spamming message. Write: Lfg Arah Story Mode and there you go.

Hope it helps, but i wish they would implement the GW1 LFG system which basically was very simple. You wrote LFG/GLFM/LFM and whatever and you would automatically be in that group, every person on every district could see that you were searching and just add you/join you.

I've never had that problem, you were probably reported for spamming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

yea im fed up with trying to find more group members in chat and being told i am excessively messaging. I get gold spamming but how are we supposed to find a group when every version of LFG AC or LFM AC is blocked after saying it a few times.

I dont like Auto grouping systems but i also dont like when the game blocks me from advertising for a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    You know, if you adjust your text then you will be able to write more in /map?

Example: LFG Arah SM - 5 times you get spamming message. Write: Lfg Arah Story Mode and there you go.

Hope it helps, but i wish they would implement the GW1 LFG system which basically was very simple. You wrote LFG/GLFM/LFM and whatever and you would automatically be in that group, every person on every district could see that you were searching and just add you/join you.
    Thanks I will try that, GW1 lfg system looks like a reasonable compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I've never had that problem, you were probably reported for spamming.
    Then you haven't said something enough times. Anet blocks you without being reported.

Would have to look at what you are doing, generally people looking for group stay next to the entrance of the dungeon or in LA (at least I do that). But I believe it depends on how often you are sending those messages, some people send them 2 at a time very quickly, just unecessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    yea im fed up with trying to find more group members in chat and being told i am excessively messaging. I get gold spamming but how are we supposed to find a group when every version of LFG AC or LFM AC is blocked after saying it a few times.
    Oh, that explains why I've started to see gold spam bots with a random string of letters after each message.

Deleted
    I understand why you wan't a LFG tool, but personally I think this was one of the things that ruined WoW dungeon grouping. It is a more personal commitment if you gather a group through /m LFG xx, rather than a tool just joining you.
    In GW2 we have the option to join more than one guild, I am sure if you look through your servers un-official forum that there is a guild for the purpose of dungeons.
    It is one of those cases where convience lessens the quality.

Sorry for spelling and grammar errors, I'm not on a browser with proofing and English is not my first language.

Could be the population on your server but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to fill a dungeon group on mine.

Deleted
    Much easier to find group/members in the overflow server.

Deleted
    Yup, I get the exceeded your limit / spam message all the time. You can just change the wording and it'll go through.

My server is pretty slow for pugging, best to try and get yourself into a guild or find a group of friends - it's worth noting that cross-server dungeon groups are working fine now so there's no need to find a guild that's exclusively on your server, just any large guild should have people in you can run with.

I know on my server map chat in the cities is absolutely flooded with gold sellers at the moment meaning a lot of people have it turned off, or just don't see dungeon group messages.

The LFG flag has to be the most pointless/useless LFG system ever made in an MMO yet - hopefully that's on their list for some major improvement.

I usually manage to get into a group quite quickly. Normally, people are at the instance itself when looking for a group, not in a central city. I currently have no issues with the dungeon system and the way to look for a group. The LFG tool (in WoW) made grouping easier, but also entirely killed the need to rely on eachother and killed off all forms of interaction between player. I never imagined an MMO to be played that way.

Last I played Rift, the tool didn't have the same effect on people, they still talked to eachother, but personally, no LFG for me

No one outlevels content, so no reason to add a LFG, at all. Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    Would have to look at what you are doing, generally people looking for group stay next to the entrance of the dungeon or in LA (at least I do that). But I believe it depends on how often you are sending those messages, some people send them 2 at a time very quickly, just unecessary.
    There appears to be no timer, at least nothing short of 5 minutes between messages, which depending on the zone is buried beneath miles of chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The LFG tool (in WoW) made grouping easier, but also entirely killed the need to rely on eachother and killed off all forms of interaction between player. I never imagined an MMO to be played that way.
    "LF xxx mode" is not some incredibly enlightening social interaction. This excuse used by most LFG tool haters is a terrible one, especially when you have a game that's almost all about dynamic events, and where people are constantly chatting about what's up, where it is, asking for help on challenges, how to get to POI and vista locations, etc...

A LFD tool in this game would be a pure blessing. It would allow people to get out into the world MORE than they already are. It wouldn't pigeon hole a player into standing at the dungeon entrance asking for invites. It would allow them to zone hop to go kill Tequatul, the Shatterer or the Claw of Jormag. It would allow them to continue clearing other zones for their 100% completion achievement, etc.
    Last edited by Sojou; 2012-09-17 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    There appears to be no timer, at least nothing short of 5 minutes between messages, which depending on the zone is buried beneath miles of chat.

"LF xxx mode" is not some incredibly enlightening social interaction. This excuse used by most LFG tool haters is a terrible one, especially when you have a game that's almost all about dynamic events, and where people are constantly chatting about what's up, where it is, asking for help on challenges, how to get to POI and vista locations, etc...
    No, that's not interaction. Why would you think I'm calling that interaction? I also mentioned that the effect wasn't so bad in Rift as it was in WoW. Due to the cross server LFG, there is no reason to "bond" between people, because you'll likely not see them ever again. That mind set caused many players to play instances in complete silence.

Deleted
    What Vespian said.

I know the "LFG XX mode" is not an enligtening social interaction, but what comes after is. Pushing a button and getting paired with randoms requires very little social interaction of you. Replying and getting judged however does.

I still believe that wow was better in a social perspective regarding grouping back when it was non-automization. I know from a grinding perspective that the LFG tool was a huge improvement I wont neglect that, but what made me fall in love with the game genre was the social aspect, not the gear grind. In Vanilla my friendlist was populated with people whom I had good dungeon chemistry with. That friendlist thinned out after the implementation of the early dungeon tool in TBC. In WotLK I only had PvP'ers since Arena was the only part of the game that forced me to do social interaction outside my guild.

I reconize that people are in general motivated by different things, for some the social aspect is only a hazzle standing between them and gold/loot, but for me loot/gold is only a hazzle standing between me and compeeting with/against the best on an equal level.

In the end they will proberly cather to those who play for shineys, they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by dunghoof View Post
    What Vespian said.

I know the "LFG XX mode" is not an enligtening social interaction, but what comes after is. Pushing a button and getting paired with randoms requires very little social interaction of you. Replying and getting judged however does.

I still believe that wow was better in a social perspective regarding grouping back when it was non-automization. I know from a grinding perspective that the LFG tool was a huge improvement I wont neglect that, but what made me fall in love with the game genre was the social aspect, not the gear grind. In Vanilla my friendlist was populated with people whom I had good dungeon chemistry with. That friendlist thinned out after the implementation of the early dungeon tool in TBC. In WotLK I only had PvP'ers since Arena was the only part of the game that forced me to do social interaction outside my guild.

I reconize that people are in general motivated by different things, for some the social aspect is only a hazzle standing between them and gold/loot, but for me loot/gold is only a hazzle standing between me and compeeting with/against the best on an equal level.

In the end they will proberly cather to those who play for shineys, they always do.
    Exactly, it's the chemistry between people/players that make dungeons a success, if they can be called "hard". The only way to find out chemistry, is if you can add players that you enjoyed partying with. In current wow, the dungeons aren't hard, so players hardly see a difference in skill anymore, the LFG makes it entirely unnecessary to converse, because any interaction you have, will surely be lost once the party ends and that deadly combination of GRIND + NOT HARD + NO NEED TO CONVERSE is really killing the dungeon experience in WoW.

Hence, not directly cheering when a LFG gets introduced. On the contrary, I didn't have theat feeling in Rift, so maybe it's just a culture within the environment of a single game.

WoW lacked cross-server guilds, and only recently implemented the technology for allowing you to make friends from not-your-server and redo dungeons with them. As it stands, as long as people join bigger guilds with enough players, there will be that social element. As for me, I'm currently in a small guild of friends and have done maybe..5 dungeons totals, 3 Stories and 2 Expos, so I can't really comment from experience. However, whether they add a LFG system down the road with random pairing will probably be heavily influenced regarding players and their views on it.

We don't want people feeling forced into large, cross-server guilds, but at the same time it could be a good thing to force people into that situation to overall improve their gaming experience. A lot of people like to run solo, and don't realize the fun/differences that can come with a guild of people at your "disposal" to do things with. I've never been for big guilds, but if it comes down to it, I'll probably join one, even though I lead a rag-tag group of friends.