Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Even with the cast time it was still useful. If you can imagine tons of guys wailing on your FC, you can freecast that thing and at least stop a few guys. It was way better than -not- having it now, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Even with the cast time it was still useful. If you can imagine tons of guys wailing on your FC, you can freecast that thing and at least stop a few guys. It was way better than -not- having it now, that's for sure.
    While it was better than not having it, not having a cast was WAAAAAAY better. I really don't get why they didn't just remove the cast time again, especially concidering all the other instant AoE CC's that are in the game atm.

I can't even believe some of the posts in this thread.

HC before the cast time was MONSTEROUSLY OP. When combined with DG it all but assured kills. In random unorganized BGs with mouthbreathers or novices that are still learning it was quite unimpressive since people just mindlessly spam AOE spells and would break HC immediately. But with competent and experienced players HC could all but seal a kill on a FC, in the enemy room. In 3's it was very easy to set up kills by DGing a target out of LoS and then into a completely unpreventable 8 second CC. With a 1-min CD all you had to to was wait until he blew his trinket and there would be nothing the enemy team could do. With the cast time HC was severely reduced in power, but it still worked to DG a healer out of LoS and with a CoI/HC you still had him under control for 8 seconds.

Blinding light is similarly powerful to the original HC, although the paladin doesn't have access to DG on his own and the CD is longer so it won't be QUITE as bad. Just wait until a DK/paladin duo uses a Gorefiend's Grasp/Blinding light combo to CC the entire enemy team and secure kills. The QQ is incoming, just wait for it.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    HC was fine for an entire expansion without a cast time. It was given the cast time and then taken out because Frost DKs weren't defenseless enough.
    No, it was given the cast time because it was crazy broken in RBG maps that involved flags/bases.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Yet they allow instant fears, instant polys etc etc etc... makes no sense.

If they just made it uninteruptable the spell would have been fine with a cast time.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    The problem was it sucked. Period.

The only reason it was useful at all before in PVP was the Instant Cast, because the slightest stern glare would break it. Once you added a cast-time that not only allowed you to be interrupted - but also locked out YOUR ENTIRE FROST SCHOOL when it was?

It was bad. Horribly, horribly bad.
    Oh finally Frost was forced to do something that required some sort of skill. You can just fake cast. I don't think you understand how powerful it actually was. It was overpowered when it was instant becuase it was like an AoE Blind on a 1 min CD. But It could've been even better in MoP as dispell has a longer CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    While it was better than not having it, not having a cast was WAAAAAAY better. I really don't get why they didn't just remove the cast time again, especially concidering all the other instant AoE CC's that are in the game atm.
    I'm not denying that.

And yes, I'm also getting tired of ANY priest that does an instant, AoE Psychic Scream (30s CD) as soon as you look at him... maybe it's because hating and complaining about DK's are still the 9 other classes' favorite pastime when it comes to BGs

I think most of us can agree that the pre-nerf HC was very much OP, and after the nerf was very underwhelming. They could have done plenty of things to balance it (single target only?), but they chose to go about it in a terrible, terrible way.

I think we can also all agree that the various forms of fear (particularly psychic scream) are out of control right now and need to be adjusted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    HC before the cast time was MONSTEROUSLY OP. When combined with DG it all but assured kills.

Blinding light is similarly powerful to the original HC, although the paladin doesn't have access to DG on his own and the CD is longer so it won't be QUITE as bad. Just wait until a DK/paladin duo uses a Gorefiend's Grasp/Blinding light combo to CC the entire enemy team and secure kills. The QQ is incoming, just wait for it.
    You hit the nail on the head of what i was going to say pretty much, the utility hc would have brought for lvl 90 frost dks + their lvl 90 talents would have been too overpowered for a single class to pull off. Whilst the situation with the pally aoe blind now will be effectively the exact same situation, at the very least its going to require 2 classes, and a does of coordination and timing.

Please bear in mind 85 frost dk pvp has some gaping holes in its game play, no soul reaper + no lvl 90 talents, and your kill window on a healer is severely diminished.
    My biggest problem atm looking forward to lvl 90 pvp is dk's survivability in 3's 5's and rbgs. Glass cannon is becoming all too real, and even then dk pvp dps has nothing on other classes but suffer more in terms of survival/control. Some food for thought imo, will take some serious balancing to get the right amount of survival without going overboard and being percieved as op needs to be done.
    (Then again some players will always cry 'OP' as soon as they come across someone better than themselves of a single class. Thankfully these people get ignored by blizz by the most part, hopefully anyway.)