Account wide Vanilla PvP titles and transmog

"Any plans to make classic PvP titles and transmog account wide?
    Not at the current time no."

Yeah...

Deleted
    Why would they? They have explained why pvp titles won't be account wide and I like it.

Deleted
    Did the explanation includes "getting a title on X season was easier with Y class than with Z class, so we prefer them to be attached to the character?". Because that's absolutely null for vanilla pvp titles. There is no good reason to not make those xmog account wide. Besides "cba to fix it for the handful of those guys still around".

I love the fact that they are character specific. Being able to transmog the gear and having my Commander title makes me at least somewhat unique. If it were account wide more people would use either title / transmog sets and it would be diminished.

I will forever play my warrior (and a handful of alts perhaps) so it doesn't really bother me.

I can't believe people still have vanilla pvp titles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Why would they? They have explained why pvp titles won't be account wide and I like it.
    I will give them that it is definitely a very different experience between classes in pvp now to earn the titles, and it means something different for a rogue to have a particular title vs a priest vs a shaman. For current content, it very much makes sense to display PvP rewards on the character that earned them.

But for the Classic pvp titles, this rational doesn't follow. Classic titles were basically just earned by doing a massive amount of BGs; there was really nothing -- except maybe at the highest level -- that reflected skill related to a particular class. Wearing your title now just says "yeah, I was there, I played the games back then." It isn't at all the same connotation of seeing someone wearing a high ranking title today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Well, they don't expire. :P

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Not at the current time is just another way of saying "soon" or "eventually".

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I like my "blood guard" title,. it's cool
    Fits with the rogue and bloodfang set n all.

I don't want old pvp titles (or new ones) account wide, it's fine the way it is

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I will give them that it is definitely a very different experience between classes in pvp now to earn the titles, and it means something different for a rogue to have a particular title vs a priest vs a shaman. For current content, it very much makes sense to display PvP rewards on the character that earned them.

But for the Classic pvp titles, this rational doesn't follow. Classic titles were basically just earned by doing a massive amount of BGs; there was really nothing -- except maybe at the highest level -- that reflected skill related to a particular class. Wearing your title now just says "yeah, I was there, I played the games back then." It isn't at all the same connotation of seeing someone wearing a high ranking title today.

It's by far easier to get high ranking titles now then it was back then. Especially RBG titles. You couldnt do tons of bgs and get a high rank just like that, you needed a dedicated team to progress above rank 11. And unlike the RBG system now, where you can get up to 2100 in a day or two it took MONTHS of dedicated pvp, consistent groups and knowledge of your class to earn the same rank. The titles earned from RBGs are fluff, earning GM in the old system, on the other hand, meant something.

Only exception is the Gladiator title, and I guess Hero of the Alliance as well.

But overall i like having my old school pvp xmog and it feels cooler when only a handful of people have access to grand marshal gear. I don't think they should (or will for that matter) change the way the vanilla titles and transmog gear works.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-09-19 at 06:45 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

Even at the highest level it wasn't exactly skill based. Shockadin w/ Tier 2 (Plus AQ40 Trink) = lol1shot, 2H Windfury Sham w/ Hand of Rag = lolrapeyourface, geared Warrior = faceroll and win, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    But overall i like having my old school pvp xmog and it feels cooler when only a handful of people have access to grand marshal gear. I don't think they should (or will for that matter) change the way the vanilla titles and transmog gear works.
    Well, it's true that in order for something to feel special about something it must be restricted. But the people left behind are the one who got it but changed mains. The whole point of account wide achievements was to play with alts or change your main without feeling you are leaving something behind. And now the achievement that most change your character it's left behind with a "stop bothering with it, we don't care" as answer? Hello, logic @Blizzard?

Yay, my hunter and paladin can wear xmog GM gear while I use them to craft. Great. Also, GM gear for hunters was always ugly.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-09-19 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    "Any plans to make classic PvP titles and transmog account wide?
    Not at the current time no."

Yeah...
    where was this posted/said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    where was this posted/said
    A GC tweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    It's by far easier to get high ranking titles now then it was back then. Especially RBG titles. You couldnt do tons of bgs and get a high rank just like that, you needed a dedicated team to progress above rank 11. And unlike the RBG system now, where you can get up to 2100 in a day or two it took MONTHS of dedicated pvp, consistent groups and knowledge of your class to earn the same rank. The titles earned from RBGs are fluff, earning GM in the old system, on the other hand, meant something.
    Time investment doesn't necessitate skill, is my point. I'm not saying it was easy to rank high in classic, but it was a type of difficulty other than the one the WoW devs are using as a rationale for their argument. All it required until the very top ranks was a huge time investment - and even then a more skilled player could be knocked out by someone who just invested more time. You don't look at a classic pvp title and think, "he's a Class X, of course he ranked" or "wow, that is really impressive that Class Y managed to make that rank" like you might in current content for particular arena brackets.

I'm not trying to be dismissive of classic PvPers' achievements. I was one myself; I have at least six characters with vanilla titles. I just don't think the argument that "because pvp skill is so unique to the class, the rewards should remain character unique" works for them. Current rated titles and rewards? Sure. Old stuff? Meh.

I don't care that much, since I'm not sure what toons I'd wear the titles on anyway besides the ones that already do, but I wouldn't mind the ability to have more transmog flexibility.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Well in a way they are account wide.
    You can see them on your other char in feats of strenght section & can link them to.
    Thats enough for me, sux for people who actually wanna use the title / use the transmog.
    But yeah, if you have good rbg rating you can 'fake' your feat of strenght though :P