10+ Year Old Account

Write... screen... thing

I'm embarrassed that I don't know what it is even called. I'm considering getting one of those things you can write on using a special pencil-type thing, and what you write will appear on the desktop monitor screen. I imagine that is how artists draw their stuffs digitally - I can't imagine they'd do it with a mouse and keyboard. Preferably one that I can just scribble on the monitor screen without being restricted to any software (like the way Microsoft's ZoomIt works), but software is fine too. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Graphics tablet is what you mean.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

usually the artist choice's a wacom tablet. I personally used an old laptop with this functionality ( x61t SXGA+ ) But nowadays an intuos is what you want.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Wacom is the brand you'll want for quality. Last time I checked a lot of the "competitors" were using licensed Wacom tech anyway.

Bamboo is the budget line
    Intous is the "pro" line
    Cintiq is basically Intous with a built-in monitor (and a pricetag to go along with it).

Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    Wacom is the brand you'll want for quality. Last time I checked a lot of the "competitors" were using licensed Wacom tech anyway.

Bamboo is the budget line
    Intous is the "pro" line
    Cintiq is basically Intous with a built-in monitor (and a pricetag to go along with it).
    Also you should note that the X61t runs windows 7/8 perfectly with photoshop cs6 and doesnt lag. I can recommend you that if you're on a budget since they range from 150 to 300 dollars
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Write... Screen... Thing...

You made my day! Thank you! Really did give me a chuckle. I've looked at Graphic Tablets for my girlfriend before and Wacom always came up as the best quality, but at a price. I never got around to getting her one, so I can't vouch for a specific brand, but I would recommend checking review websites before purchasing one.