Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'd love to see some proof that people are actually leaving en mass. Unless you didn't mean that, in which case, that statement was pointless.
    Never said en mass. The statement is not pointless, the statement is an on topic comment about the reaction of some people on the subject of the thread.

I cant say for sure the numbers of the people leaving, i know it happened and will probably continue to happen. I also know people that love this tunning.

Again, its a design choice that directly impacts on the enjoyment of different groups of people, i'm actually glad that the deisgners make their choice clear and they communicate it to their playerbase, so people know exactly what to expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I left, haven't logged in in three days and probably won't until sometime after I level up my 7 characters in MoP and complete all upcoming dungeon/raid achievements.

The dungeons are a joke and require little skill (lol, chain some combos and hold hands while we play ring around the rosie with the boss for 3-5 minutes).

Dungeon rewards suck as does the grind to get tokens for a set for dress up.

Random AoE abilities that one shot you (or damn near) with no telegraphing from trash/bosses is extremely cheap and not fun. That goes for both Story and Explorable Modes.

Shits obviously not being tested.

Also, while out in the world I'm still constantly able to see through massive portions of the land while traveling around (especially near walls). And no its not my PC, my two 560ti cards and CPU(i5) are in top shape.

I'll be back just not for awhile or maybe I'll just pvp instead.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's not a logical fallacy when you consider that the only possible way your statement is true is if Arena Net is lying to us and is specifically out to force us to spend more money to play the game effectively. Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me!
    Some would call it marketing or PR, but yes. It comes with the business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Repair costs in this game are negligible. The entire premise is just ridiculous.
    It's not just the repair costs. In addition to that there's expensive waypoints, expensive crafting, expensive WvW and just expensive gear in general (the most efficient way for me to get Exotic gear on my Necro is to buy 2 weapons and 2 armor pieces from the auction house for 8-15g a piece, and that's with farming 170k Karma to save money on the other armor pieces).

The point is that AN/NCSoft does not want you to make gold doing Explorables, but to lose it. Hence the CoF Magg buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    if spending 10 silver to repair all your gear is forcing you to buy gems to pay for the repair costs then might i suggest you learn how to play before doing a dungeon? you might want to learn how to not die outside of the dungeons so you can "save up" (cant even type that with a straight face) for when you reenact the texas chainsaw massacre and disintegrate all your gear

your theory is bullshit
    You've already forgotten the initial point. The dungeons are only artificially hard (one-shot mechanics, zombie-runs being more effective, lots of bugs that make success RNG based etc.), so that even the best players won't be able to do them efficiently, let alone the fact that the vast majority of players will just die constantly when attempting to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    What's unreasonable about it is that Arena Net has repeatedly and publicly lauded this game for being able to pay $60 and enjoy the full game, without being required to pay extra. Not to mention the simple fact that repair costs are absolutely laughable, and the simple fact that it's entirely possible to go through a dungeon without accruing any repair costs simply by actually being a skilled player.
    A game producer claiming one thing but doing another? Unheard of!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    You've already forgotten the initial point. The dungeons are only artificially hard (one-shot mechanics, zombie-runs being more effective, lots of bugs that make success RNG based etc.), so that even the best players won't be able to do them efficiently, let alone the fact that the vast majority of players will just die constantly when attempting to do them.
    I was sure the point was that Arenanet has deliberately designed dungeons to repeatedly kill you regardless of your skill level for the sole purpose of making money.

In fact...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    You are dying by design.

Dying -> repair costs -> gold sink -> more incentive to buy gold for cash -> more profit for AN/NCSoft.
    Yes. Yes, it was the point.