Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I tried lenses once last year or so, and just couldn't get used to it. It was uncomfortable, somewhat painful and just weird. So I decided i would just stick to glasses, even if glasses can be very annoying as well.
    Someday I will get eye surgery for sure, I have only had glasses for 9 years, but I am already tired of them.
    I hate my glasses. I paid 600€ for them... Jaguar eye wear frame... high class shit. Now I think they make me look super nerdy and simply ugly. They piss me off after 10 minutes whenever I have to wear them. Today, they sit in my car as emergency glasses in case I have to drive but dont wear lenses.
    I am SO going to get eye surgery once I saved the money for it, since its really bothersome to take care of lenses and they are also somewhat expensive. I pay 20€/month for my monthly lenses....

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using contacts for about 10-11 months now and it did take some time (a few months) to get comfortable putting them in my eye. It gets better, just give yourself more time in the morning so you aren't late.

one thing that might help (depends on whether you are doing this or not), dont close the other eye. ie, if you are putting in the right contact, dont close your left eye, this makes the right eye want to close. also i look in another direction till i get contact with the eye, then roll the iris under the lens (hopefully this makes sense)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried contact lenses once when I was 18. About 10 seconds after putting them on I passed out on the floor. The optometrist said it was a rare but not terribly uncommon phenomenon. I guess some people get a vasovagal response as a result of trying contact lenses. She suggest I try again in another 3-4 years, but I never bothered.

I alternate between glasses and contacts depending on how I'm feeling in the morning. It took me a long time to get good at putting the contacts in, but now it takes me about a minute total, my routine is:

1. Open the contact pack (I wear dailies, so new contacts every morning).
    2. Run my thumbs and forefingers under cold water to remove any debris.
    3. Shake water off my fingers, I don't use a towel to avoid new debris.
    4. Put the contact on the tip of my right forefinger and make sure it isn't inside out (I'm right handed, if you're left handed you'll probably put the contact on the tip of your left forefinger).
    5. Use my left hand to keep my top eyelid open, use my thumb on my right hand to keep my bottom eyelid open.
    6. Insert contact, blink a couple times, to make sure it is in correctly.
    7. Repeat for other eye.
    8. Good to go!

But my biggest tip is to not get discouraged/worked up. When I first started wearing contacts I'd get really frustrated and impatient if it took me a few minutes, which only served to get me upset and make it even harder to insert the contact. After enough practice, you'll figure out a routine and what is comfortable for you.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-09-17 at 03:07 PM.

Ok, thanks for all help. I really need to get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll get used to putting them in your eyes. I've been wearing them since 7th grade and I'm in my 30s now, nearly 20 years. I can easily put them in and take them out with one hand without using a mirror.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect