Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Okay a few things, after I changed some gems around.

32.18% Crit
    14.49% Mastery
    12.48% Dodge

Hit and Expertise capped, .07% above but should be okay.

The only fight I don't use Wild Charge on, is Will of Emperor. Other than that, it's my preferred talent. I just can't get used to not having a charge, it feels wrong imo.

I'm using HotW and not NV, since we have a hybrid as the third "healer". If need be, I'll use my NS, Tranq or I can pop HotW and heal towards the end if needed. Otherwise I use it to dps.

About the Pala tank getting threat; He didn't get threat right after he came out but maybe closer towards the tank swap actually. But still, that shouldn't happen and it never happened before. But I did notice, that on our Normal kills, I didn't have this issue. I mean, the dps pulling off of me, if they get a lucky crit (our Lock or Mage). I guess I kinda have to stop pulling with FF and in stead just charge in and Mangle in stead. And then it still seems a bit misplaced, that our only range taunt is so crap right now, that you only use it to apply the FF debuff or as a filler, if we have nothing else.

Anyways, tomorrow we'll see if me getting a bit more Crit will help me or if it's going to be the same shit again.

I love Feline Swiftness for Stone Guard too as I'm lighting up tiles.

GL tomorrow, let me know how it goes.

Deleted
    Wait what? You are on tile duty as the tank?

Are you tanking 1 or 2 dogs?

Cause I was tanking 2 dogs and both me and our Pala tank were spam healing ourselves non stop to survive. On the first attempts we were constantly below the reasonable health threshold (not sure if spelled correct) and as such, I had no choice but to spam heal - while moving from the purple crap and making sure I could taunt the right dog at the right time. I definitely didn't have time nor resources enough to handle the tiles as well.

Yeah, I tank two and do tiles.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 12:28 AM ----------

Here is our last week video from my PoV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr2FSsRgte8

Deleted
    Very interesting approach. I heard someone saying, that you have 4 healers, is that correct? Cause if so, it would explain why you weren't close to dying constantly.

Also, I can see the benefit of NV in stead of HotW on this fight for sure.

Yeah four healers. Makes it so easy : )

Deleted
    Aha, well I definitely learned something new tonight, and there's a lot of stuff I will have to test

Thought this would be the best place to post this, bear weapon enchants.

So first look I didn't think Dancing Steel was going to be as good as Windsong so, to the drawing board.

Windsong (2RPPM)

Uptime: 40%
    - due to Real Procs Per Minute

Rating: 1500

Ave Stat Weight: 0.0243
    - (Crit+Haste+Mastery)/3

Enchant Weight: 14.56
    - Uptime* Ave Weight * Value

Dancing Steel (1PPM)
    Uptime: ?
    At least 20%

Agi: 1650

Stat Weight: 0.0292

Ench Weight: >14.56
    - Uptime* Agi Weight * Value

So with a static 20% uptime Dancing Steel is less than Windsong, the question is with PPM not RPPM what is the uptime.

I just worked out the breaking point until we get more numbers on the actual up time for bears.

Uptime Breaking Point > 30.23%
    - windsong weight / (1650agi * Agi Stat Weight)

Let me know if you have any bear logs to see some actual uptimes on Dancing Steel.

I've been tanking Heroic MV 25 man, and I think the problem of SD uptime/using FR is even more pronounced than 10 man. The problem as I see it, is that on a boss like Gara'jal, where the damage taken is pure physical, I have to have as close to 100% uptime on SD as I can for voodoo dolls, and if I screw up, they're gonna get fucked. So I have to go for RPS (hit, exp, and crit) over dodge and mastery, and can't spend hardly any rage on FR.

Now let's say we have a normal fight (where voodoo dolls aren't a concern). I have to try to spread my rage in between SD and FR, and if SD is not up, I have almost no dodge. See the issue? So again, I prioritize RPS stats. But the problem is, without SD up I have very little avoidance, and without going mastery, I have little mitigation. I feel like I am falling behind the other tanks as far as the damage I'm taking, and it's quite frustrating. Granted, they outgear me (I haven't gotten much lewtz) and I'm hoping that with scaling, the problem will reduce. Also, I hate the fact that I have to spend rage to use maul. So I either have to sacrifice survivability or damage. Paladin's damage reduction ability is also their damaging ability.

This is just me bitching. If anyone has anything to add about their experiences in Heroic raiding, go right ahead.

I know the feeling, the way I get around it is there are a ton of other buttons we can push when we get these gaps. We have barkskin, SI, Ursoc and even bone shield. Outside of that there are just so many external cooldowns I can call for when I know I'm going to fall into a position without enough rage for what I want. Actually my favourite button these days has been healthstone. I generally take NS and approximately every 30 sec I have either healthstone or NS.

I definitely understand where you're coming from though.

Ya I just got thrown back into tanking 3/6 heroic when I was resto for them. Its definitely different playstyle from catalysm, no more faceroll and hit cooldowns on big stuff. Ya especially for a fight like H Garajal, i found needing to keep sd up 100%. When I had no more charges and had about 3 second gap before I could hit sd again, I noticed a big difference in raid damage for those 3 seconds. As spikey as we are, you can use bops and pain suppression during that downtime of sd, helps a lot.
    If you want to think about it, our dps cooldowns such as incarnation and berserk are defensive cooldowns as well. You pretty much have shit ton of rage during those 15 and 30 second cooldowns that your uptime on sd should be close to 100% or until you run outta charges.
    But ya as tova said, try rotating barkskin and bone shield since both are 1 minute cds, SI and Ursoc (still bad at using last stand properly :|). Healthstone, renewal or NS

heres macro i use for NS for those who are guardian and scared that they might shapeshift out by accident ( i know i was)
    got this from wow forums

/run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
    /cast nature's swiftness
    /cast healing touch
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

as much as you spam, you will not be shapeshifted out of form

Gona work on heroic elegon this wkend, gona have a fun time -_-
    My plan is to take heart of the wild and tranq during sub 50% to help raid healing as my raid dps isn't an issue. Any tips and help would be nice

Yeah I absolutely use berserk and Incarnation (and even to some extent enrage) as defensive, offensive cd's. I'm sorry if I came across like I was asking for help on that fight, because I wasn't really. I was just using it as an example.
    I was upset when we lost our bearcatting ability, but I consoled myself because I figured our tanking ability would be the same, if not stronger. But I've found that I feel comparably weak to the other classes.

I've only spent a few hours on Elegon so far but from a tanking stand point nothing special except making sure you have a cd as you get so stacks going.

For other aspects of the fight for tanks a few things that helped:

- Transitions I don't reset every time. You get a bunch of extra rage to FR to compensate for the extra damage taken and you can really get in quite a bit of extra damage on the boss only resetting once or twice.
    - For bears, the three adds per side spawn close enough together to get a trash on three.
    - Make sure you have Wild Charge of course. Not just for tanks swaps but also getting from your add to another to help kill them to get the actual dps back on the boss.

- The biggest thing though for tanks is getting sweet on taking sparks out as close to 25% as possible. Getting outside before it starts pulsing saves a ton of raid damage.
    Bolded that, think it's the most important.

On a side note we have a couple buffs coming! 12% less physical damage added to Thick Hide and Mauls have a 40% chance on autoattacks to empower reducing incoming melee attack damage.

Yay

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 07:17 PM ----------

Also, thanks for that macro Williee! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeTova View Post
    On a side note we have a couple buffs coming! 12% less physical damage added to Thick Hide and Mauls have a 40% chance on autoattacks to empower reducing incoming melee attack damage.
    the 12% is live RIGHT NOW. It's just a tooltip correction to a buff Guardians got shortly after 5.0 came out, but before MoP was released.

Are you tanking heroic Elegon? Because I know from experience that when stacks get high, the damage gets pretty rough. On normal mode I'm sure that not resetting every transition is fine, but I'm not sure about heroic. I guess if you are tanking heroic Elegon without resetting, then I might try it too though.

Hmm heroic Elegon, just got it down >.<
    He hits fairly hard, I would suggest resetting when tanking him. However, you do not need to reset during draw power phase since I went up to ~40 stacks during draw power which allowed me to get vengeance and self heal more. Ill try having the video soon, I had a lot of mistakes but I would suggest to reset as a tank versus elegon himself. His breathe + melee can gib a tank without cds if your stacks are high.

Yeah just got Elegon heroic this weekend. In our kill video I do reset because I wasn't getting the rage I was getting in the attempts before to keep up on healing and at one point I was out close to the edge anyway. Like Williee said getting stacks helps your damage.

Here is our kill video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxsZ9NUHGj0