Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    BEST CHARACTER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiny Tina Montage

Midget Goliath's, oh my god - I died with laughter last night.

Early game/1st playthough its strong enough to feel overpowered, but just as a certain point (outside the of CCing a nasty creep off you or instant rezing an ally) it just starts to feel like its missing something. I think the lackluster feel mainly comes from dealing with targets you cant actually phase. These targets show up more then most realize. Minor bosses are still able to be phaselocked, but some of the later (wont give spoliers) are all immune to it. The damage is low and poor scaling and were I understand phaselocking certian targets would be OP, I feel like they should have done something else for those situations.

The 3 others I played with were very jealous of what I was doing early game, but by late game, they were all glad they didnt roll the siren (I am even if they arent, still love her playstyle).

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 02:24 AM ----------

Tiny Tina gets my vote for best character, I was sad when I ran out of quests to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Early game/1st playthough its strong enough to feel overpowered, but just as a certain point (outside the of CCing a nasty creep off you or instant rezing an ally) it just starts to feel like its missing something. I think the lackluster feel mainly comes from dealing with targets you cant actually phase. These targets show up more then most realize. Minor bosses are still able to be phaselocked, but some of the later (wont give spoliers) are all immune to it. The damage is low and poor scaling and were I understand phaselocking certian targets would be OP, I feel like they should have done something else for those situations.

The 3 others I played with were very jealous of what I was doing early game, but by late game, they were all glad they didnt roll the siren (I am even if they arent, still love her playstyle).

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 02:24 AM ----------

Tiny Tina gets my vote for best character, I was sad when I ran out of quests to do with her.
    Most bosses have adds, those adds are perfect targets to PL and leech health off of. How does the healing tree make PL more lackluster than the other trees I wonder.

I found Tiny Tina to be one of the worst characters. Extremely annoying imo.

Handsome Jack, on the other hand.

Urgh, not feeling like im getting what im trying to say across. I like phaselock, just feels like its missing something sometimes.

Going to give a few spoilers so stop reading here if you dont what to know them.

Some fights like the Warrior, there are plenty of adds scattered around that you can leech hp off of (thank god).
    But other fights like B3unker, its double edge blade. To make use of your action skill, you need to postion yourself out of cover and near the edge (where supplies are dropped) to snag a few of the loaders. But if your not in cover on that fight, your going to be hurting and I noticed the loaders werent up all the time, leaving large gaps of my action skill only be using to instant rez.
    The large nasty robot in badlands near the bus stop, no adds there.
    We havent gone back and tried to the super thresher boss since we hit 50, but at least what ive seen from the fight, no targets to phaselock. Only instant rezzing and shooting allies to get heals out.
    The flag quest from Brick in Sawtooth where you hoist up the slab flag and defend it, one of the three you get zerged by nothing but buzzards, no adds unless you get lucky and a buzzard drops some minions off (on TVH we had one buzzard do this, rest didnt bother, just beat the crap out us and those badass buzzards do kinda hurt).

On trash, its very very useful, but keep in mind unless your go deep into the motion tree, its a one and down for a 13 seconds. Two super badass pyscho's charging you, you can only grab one.

But the point I was trying to make regarding an earlier post was that it does not feel overpowered, it has some very large drawbacks that can cause a lackluster feel on certian fights (not all the time). Overall I do miss my OP siren from the first Borderlands, but Maya does more then a fine job, she brings the best ulility to the group.

I cant really comment much on the Cata tree (right one), the dps spec. Tried it and didnt care much for it. I prefer motion or harmony or a hybrid spec.

Anyways, didnt come on the boards to debate about it, opinions are just that...opinions. Was just curious if anyone knew more about the tip jar so I can stop blowing all my cash on it

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Urgh, not feeling like im getting what im trying to say across. I like phaselock, just feels like its missing something sometimes.

Going to give a few spoilers so stop reading here if you dont what to know them.

Some fights like the Warrior, there are plenty of adds scattered around that you can leech hp off of (thank god).
    But other fights like B3unker, its double edge blade. To make use of your action skill, you need to postion yourself out of cover and near the edge (where supplies are dropped) to snag a few of the loaders. But if your not in cover on that fight, your going to be hurting and I noticed the loaders werent up all the time, leaving large gaps of my action skill only be using to instant rez.
    The large nasty robot in badlands near the bus stop, no adds there.
    We havent gone back and tried to the super thresher boss since we hit 50, but at least what ive seen from the fight, no targets to phaselock. Only instant rezzing and shooting allies to get heals out.
    The flag quest from Brick in Sawtooth where you hoist up the slab flag and defend it, one of the three you get zerged by nothing but buzzards, no adds unless you get lucky and a buzzard drops some minions off (on TVH we had one buzzard do this, rest didnt bother, just beat the crap out us and those badass buzzards do kinda hurt).

On trash, its very very useful, but keep in mind unless your go deep into the motion tree, its a one and down for a 13 seconds. Two super badass pyscho's charging you, you can only grab one.

But the point I was trying to make regarding an earlier post was that it does not feel overpowered, it has some very large drawbacks that can cause a lackluster feel on certian fights (not all the time). Overall I do miss my OP siren from the first Borderlands, but Maya does more then a fine job, she brings the best ulility to the group.

I cant really comment much on the Cata tree (right one), the dps spec. Tried it and didnt care much for it. I prefer motion or harmony or a hybrid spec.

Anyways, didnt come on the boards to debate about it, opinions are just that...opinions. Was just curious if anyone knew more about the tip jar so I can stop blowing all my cash on it
    Thanks for responding in full. I'm happy with your explanation. I'll experience it myself eventually I guess I'll just have to ress my team instead of healing them :O)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking the game so far but after reading about the siren I'll have to tell my group that running with 4 probably won't be such a great idea.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

15+ Year Old Account
    loving it so far, i've died several times due to laughing too much lol, i was torn between gunzerker and zero to begin with, leveled both to 11, but have carried on with zero for now, i naturally tend to play sniper anyways, and gunzerking seemed difficult until certain talents unlock i imagine . . .

mostly been playing with my brother, who is also zero, he plays melee tree and i play sniping tree, and while he is a few levels above me, he seems to rape face far more than i do, he gave me an old sniper rifle so i'm now doing about 3k crits (about lvl 20) and he's only a couple of levels above and has seen some 20k+ crits O_o lol

looking forward to going back to gunzerker though, i see that being a lot of fun once you've got some of the fun talents involved =D

Does anyone know why Borderlands 2 still has the outdated loot system, where one person can swiftly ninja loot (steal) every possible item drop?

So many RPGs and MMOs and Hack&Slash and even FPS games are out there with the new (and superior) loot system where everyone gets loot drops for himself, yet Borderlands 2 still insists on a system where when you join public games (with strangers) you can literally forget about getting items or even reasoning about it with your teammates...

Playing solo as usual, loving it so far, but really want Lilith back. Maya is nothing but a pale shadow of Lilith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    think round 5 of some of the arena type events were more difficult then the last bosses on first play thru
    Round 5 of the animal one was the hardest thing in the game so far, reason being the badass pyre thresher, thing hits like a truck.

But you get a stupidly powerful rocket launcher (14500 damage) from completing it.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this game!
    Running through with myself as Siren, my partner as Commando and 2 friends as Assassins (nobody picked gunzerker oddly) and having an awesome time. Currently level 20 and been going around doing every side quest we can find, looking for easter eggs! So far weve found a few fun ones including (spoiler tagged so I dont ruin it for someone) Minecraft! Got the corresponding skin and heads and the Dark Souls 'Solitaire' one complete with bonfire!

Epic fun game, and the loot chest edition has some really awesome stuff too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Does anyone know why Borderlands 2 still has the outdated loot system, where one person can swiftly ninja loot (steal) every possible item drop?

So many RPGs and MMOs and Hack&Slash and even FPS games are out there with the new (and superior) loot system where everyone gets loot drops for himself, yet Borderlands 2 still insists on a system where when you join public games (with strangers) you can literally forget about getting items or even reasoning about it with your teammates...
    The loot system in coop is annoying. I lost a really nice rocket launcher to someone that's just going to vendor it. Hit me right in the feels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

Tiny Tina Montage

lol Nap time -

10+ Year Old Account
    The loot system encourages communication and sharing (and conversely also encourages ninjaing), but I've found about half and half with my oublic co-op between players who are likely to actually look at what pops from a red chest and split loot according to need and half people just ripping through and looting all. I think you really are meant to play with friends. I have no friends playing this game, but through public games have met a few and added them to my steam friend list. I now try and play with them, as I know that I can tell them I am looking for a shotgun, or an electricity sniper rifle, and they can tell me what they are looking for and we can try and watch each others back lootwise.

Not perfect, but also not horrible. Even if I notice that I am playing with someone who hoards loot I don't despair. I just start hoarding as well and it just adds a new dimension to the gameplay. Lootrush.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    The loot system in coop is annoying. I lost a really nice rocket launcher to someone that's just going to vendor it. Hit me right in the feels.
    Yeah. Generally only play with people I know. It'd be nice if the loot was instanced so people don't have to fight over loot.

I play with all people that I know in real life. We run with 1 of each class. And even though we all know each other, our commando is a loot hoarder. We have to watch him closely or he'll steal chest, claim nothing good, then later be using an uber sniper (which he awful at sniping at, plus our assasin could really use the upgrade) claiming to not know where he got it from, that it just magically appeared in his bag.
    We are currently solving this by every time he takes a chest without everyone getting a quick look (for instance, since im lowest dps, I take shock/slag smgs for debuffing, and shotguns/snipers to heal with) he has to buy a round of drinks next time we go out.

I cant imagine trying to play with people you dont know, the chance of everyone actually sharing and not hoarding seems unlikely.

Tiny Tina Montage
    Can you kill her? I want to kill her.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Tiny Tina Montage

Apparently the voice actor is the same person who played Ash in the Pokemon TV show in the North American localization. She is definitely my favourite character in the game.