Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
... LastLast
  1. #521
    I dont usually play FPS games, but this game is awesome! A friend bought it for me during the steam sale with a 4pack and co-op is some of the most fun I've had gaming in 12 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    34 is fine although but if you want to make the transition easier for yourself then you may farm the Warrior for some drops. Make sure you do all side quests as well (journal indicates which areas have undiscovered quests) and when in THVM don't accept the side quests with the blue/purple items you want (i.e. Moxxi ones, Deadly Bloom, Flame of the Firehawk) but wait until playthrough 2.5 which is the 2nd THVM playthrough after finishing your first one. Reason being: Items and quests don't auto-scale but are bound to the playthrough's caps and playthrough 2.5's is level 50 so your goal is to get the level 50 versions of them because they kick more ass. Also always deliver those first as some questgivers acting as alternative choice will auto-tag those quests even if you wanted to deliver another one (nice coding!). Normal cash is technically irrelevant unless you're shopping a lot or are trying to tip off Moxxi for both Touch versions. You can get cheap ammo at Southern Shelf station especially rockets if need be because the ammo costs are tied to the location and its associated levels (which means Southern Shelf is the poor man's shopping place). I usually don't waste much thought over it and jump into TVHM asap.
    So I had some questions about this post (and more in general about how weapon levels work from quest items). Basically, I shouldn't do any sidequests in TVHM for items I want a higher level version of later in UTVHM? The quests don't reset again in the next level mode? Or how exactly does it work I guess regarding what level weapon you get from a quest, I know the mob ones are usually tied to your level somewhat, but I never did get how quest weapons worked, they don't come at a preset level I guess?

  3. #523
    Pit Lord Ravenblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany - Thuringia
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So I had some questions about this post (and more in general about how weapon levels work from quest items). Basically, I shouldn't do any sidequests in TVHM for items I want a higher level version of later in UTVHM? The quests don't reset again in the next level mode? Or how exactly does it work I guess regarding what level weapon you get from a quest, I know the mob ones are usually tied to your level somewhat, but I never did get how quest weapons worked, they don't come at a preset level I guess?
    Each mode is called a playthrough, normal mode is playthrough 1, THVM is playthrough 2, UHVM is technically playthrough 3 but it has different scaling mechanics beginning with the level flooring/scaling being about your character level so it can be ignored. However if you beat THVM once and start playing again on the same mode it's called playthrough 2.5 and all remaining (read: not accepted) quests from PT2 and monster levels are fixed at lvl 50. Since level 50 weapons beat level 49, 48, 47 a.s.o. weapons it is adviceable to not accept any quest with the weapon, mod, shield or relic you might want since quests do not reset once they are completed (they are resettable in UHVM though). Also remember that Dr.Zed's green reward from killing Doc Mercy is actually E-Tech pink but don't worry it's not that great. So you can do the quests with the weapons you don't care about like doing the whole Fink's Slaughterhouse instead of leaving the last round for PT2.5.

    So weapons or any items in general do not upscale but stick, they are tied to the level of the quest you have completed it for or the object/monster level if dropped which is an important aspect to consider when you determine which weapons you want to collect and which DLCs you want to play through. It's no fun to fight lvl 55 monsters having a health multiplier of 4 with a level 50 weapon, at least not in solo-play. Level 52 is however okay-ish.

    The basic strategy for 2.5 should be: Look at what you want and skip accepting these quests and do the rest of the quests. Sometimes there is a quest chain so you might want to do the quest chain up until but except of the quest you want the reward from like the Flame of the Firehawk shield or Moxxi's weapons.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2013-08-12 at 06:08 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) @ Sylvanas EU (retired)
    GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU - When I'm playing WvW I'm really playing LSD.

    My Deus Ex:HR soundtrack mixes [FLAC version (3.5 GB)]

  4. #524
    Mechagnome Fengas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    657
    Shift codes for special heads from Tiny Tina's Assault on the Dragon's Keep:

    Warrior of Light (Axton Head): KJKJT-WHBKX-HC9BT-TJBJ3-XJFSJ
    Wayfarer Wizard (Gaige Head): CBKBJ-6ZJW6-HKH3T-B3T33-F5ZRS
    G0ry Gh0ul (Zer0 Head): CT5BB-XTW5X-9CSBT-3BTTJ-FT5X5
    Elven Eliminator (Maya Head): KTC3T-WTW5F-ZCHB3-BT3B3-XJ9WR
    MY EARS ARE RINGING (Krieg Head): CBKBB-ZHJC6-SWHJT-JJ3BB-3CXHS
    The Beast Within (Salvador Head): WBCJJ-33KWR-S5Z33-BJTTB-65WJJ

    Once you claim these you'll get them in your inventory, however you won't be able to use heads themselves if you don't have the Tiny Tina's Assault on the Dragon's Keep DLC.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengas View Post
    Shift codes for special heads from Tiny Tina's Assault on the Dragon's Keep:

    Warrior of Light (Axton Head): KJKJT-WHBKX-HC9BT-TJBJ3-XJFSJ
    Wayfarer Wizard (Gaige Head): CBKBJ-6ZJW6-HKH3T-B3T33-F5ZRS
    G0ry Gh0ul (Zer0 Head): CT5BB-XTW5X-9CSBT-3BTTJ-FT5X5
    Elven Eliminator (Maya Head): KTC3T-WTW5F-ZCHB3-BT3B3-XJ9WR
    MY EARS ARE RINGING (Krieg Head): CBKBB-ZHJC6-SWHJT-JJ3BB-3CXHS
    The Beast Within (Salvador Head): WBCJJ-33KWR-S5Z33-BJTTB-65WJJ

    Once you claim these you'll get them in your inventory, however you won't be able to use heads themselves if you don't have the Tiny Tina's Assault on the Dragon's Keep DLC.
    Neat. First time they said this they only made available the Axton one, iirc.

  6. #526
    Mechagnome Fengas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Neat. First time they said this they only made available the Axton one, iirc.
    Yea they gave one code once a day, would have posted it yesterday, but forgot :| still better late than never.

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengas View Post
    Yea they gave one code once a day, would have posted it yesterday, but forgot :| still better late than never.
    Oh. I didn't know they were posting one every day. Thanks!

  8. #528
    Mechagnome Fengas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Oh. I didn't know they were posting one every day. Thanks!
    Np, now only special skins left, i'll drop those here once the codes for them are released, but tbh it's a very cheap way to get twitter followers with this kind of crap, instead just activating them.

  9. #529
    Best fps shooter ever.

  10. #530
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by dande1 View Post
    Best fps shooter ever.
    Got that right. Its so much fun! My only regret is a lent my copy to my dad (who is notoriously slow at playing games and gets distracted), and I really want to play the newest DLC.

  11. #531

  12. #532
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Got that right. Its so much fun! My only regret is a lent my copy to my dad (who is notoriously slow at playing games and gets distracted), and I really want to play the newest DLC.
    I'm playing it right now , its so goddam funny xD

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengas View Post
    I hope the next one will be as good as the last one. This overpower crap sounds kinda ... strange (a bit like paragon level in d3).
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  14. #534
    There seems to be new keys for Golden Keys that have been released about a week ago and this week. Two of them expired by now though.

    http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golde...st_Shift_Codes

  15. #535
    Questions for the day, Lv 48 on my first play through of tvhm, just about ready to turn in the quest for talon of god:

    1. Should I find something to grind the last 2 levels to 50? Or is 48 fine?

    2. Starting talon of god, the weapons you get from the townsfolk, are they scaled to your current level? Read somewhere they all gave out Lv 50 weapons, so yeah, again wondering if it's worth spending time to grind to 50 if so?

  16. #536
    1. Get to level 50 because the Warrior is level 52. If you're three levels bellow a monster you won't do jackshit damage to them. I learned this the hard way...

    2. No, they don't scale to your current level. You actually need to finish The Talon of God for quests' weapons/items to scale to level 50 I believe.

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    1. Get to level 50 because the Warrior is level 52. If you're three levels bellow a monster you won't do jackshit damage to them. I learned this the hard way...

    2. No, they don't scale to your current level. You actually need to finish The Talon of God for quests' weapons/items to scale to level 50 I believe.
    Thanks for the reply, don't suppose you know where the easiest place to grind mobs is? Haven't done almost any quests since I'm waiting for the second playthrough, though I guess I can check which ones are offering greens or skins I have and do them...

  18. #538
    I really don't know. I just did all the quests through both modes and got to 50 before doing the warrior. If you do all quests, from the normal mode and TVHM you should get to 50 with no problems.

  19. #539
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,812
    Borderlands 2 really ruined other FPS games for me. I had planned to settle into Doom 3: BFG this week, but when I sat down I started getting sad at the weapon load out, and then remembered that these are the weapons I will be using the entire game. My solution was to pop in BL2 and just start up a new game. >_>;;

  20. #540
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    still waiting for a goty/ulti edition

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •