1. #1

    MMO Recent Years Review

    Hello Gamers,

    Are you guys still happy with these years MMO?

    Any of them let you down or gave you joy?

    Following this MMO Years Review, do you agree with this?

    I personally agree for successful zone, but I think AA doesn't deserve to be in the failed zone.

    Do you think these games gave us a reason to think about what new MMO should be?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by anikibilly View Post
    Following this MMO Years Review, do you agree with this?

    I personally agree for successful zone, but I think AA doesn't deserve to be in the failed zone.
    Biased blog. Defiance and Guild Wars 2 in the success zone? the fuck...
    21st Century Thinking:"Politicians will give us freedom and justice!"

  3. #3
    Elemental Lord Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    8,741
    Defiance in the succes zone and tera in the failure zone?

    yeah okay have fun with this one, exiting this thread

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Biased blog. Defiance and Guild Wars 2 in the success zone? the fuck...
    I agree with Defiance being out of place given its financial struggles, but what bout GW2 would make it not a success?

    Curious to see Tera in the failure zone, as well.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I agree with Defiance being out of place given its financial struggles, but what bout GW2 would make it not a success?
    Dunno, probably personal bias, it's the worst MMO I've played over the past few years. I also saw a few reddit analyses that explained it only had a few ten thousand active players in the EU, so it doesn't seem to be a mainstream game over here and lists below there with the niche games.
    21st Century Thinking:"Politicians will give us freedom and justice!"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Dunno, probably personal bias, it's the worst MMO I've played over the past few years. I also saw a few reddit analyses that explained it only had a few ten thousand active players in the EU, so it doesn't seem to be a mainstream game over here and lists below there with the niche games.
    Except that it's still generating $100M+ in revenue a year, the studio avoided any of the deep post-launch layoffs you routinely see with MMO's, they've produced a pretty steady stream of content since launch (argue about the quality if you want, but it's there), and are supposedly announcing an expansion this week.

    I'd be curious as to what those numbers were, because I've not seen/heard of any credible sources for player activity. Then again, I've not looked.

  7. #7
    Titan unholytestament's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From the Darknet
    Posts
    12,821
    I didn't read the whole article, but their analysis of TERA doesn't really seem that negative. Their summary at the end isn't wrong, but I don't think it's as a big an issue as they think it is for a free to play MMO.

    Meh. I'm still enjoying my time in WoW, FF14 and TERA. I wish I had more time to play The Secret World though...
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I wish I had more time to play The Secret World though...
    This so hard. If I did I would have sprung for the lifetime sub a while ago. But just too many other games and not enough time >.<

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •