Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    TINY TINA is the best!

Does level difference matter when you wanna do co op?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-09-23 at 09:12 AM.

every mission in the game should involve tiny Tina and handsome jack. they are funny as hell.

Love this. One of the first easter eggs I've found, it's so great.

On a side note I'm having a hard time finding a decent weapon that isn't either a sniper rifle or a assault rifle that shoots rockets. The sniper rifles are great for distance combat and taking out the robots but are slow and require much reloading. The assault rifle/rocket guns do good damage but seem to be incapable of crits, are slow, and have generally awful accuracy. Their ammo is consumed quickly as well.

In BL1 I remember having an assault rifle that had 3 round burst fire and a short scope on it that I had so much fun with. It was accurate enough to pull of headshots with careful aim and hip firing provided decent bullet spread. Yet so far any of the assault rifles I find or are rewarded with (that shoot bullets, not rockets) are just utter garbage.

Anyone else experience this? Loot just seems awful in this sequel, I'm using the same guns for 10+ levels and am finding seemingly no upgrades where as in BL1 I felt like I was switching out weapons every 15-20 minutes.
    Last edited by Krowz; 2012-09-23 at 08:55 AM.

I really like this game, never tried the first and just bought it on impulse... fps with rpg elements, and tons of fun.

Deleted
    So what class are you guys playing?

I think I'll play Soldier like I did in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post

siren here. it's pretty sweet

Depends on what the others I'll end up playing with plays. I'd like to go Commando, but I hear that's pretty popular, so maybe the assassin because sniping is fun.

10+ Year Old Account

I've started with Zer0 and I'm kind of regretting it after seeing some of the other classes, Zer0 can be pretty deadly but he also has pretty crap survivability, especially if you go bloodshed.

The turret is just glorious to be honest. I haven't played any other chars just yet, but the fact that the turret is both a second target for npc's as well as a source of damage for which you personally don't have to aim or be in the vicinity, makes me feel it's superior to the other abilities.

On an offtopic note, why is September such a great month. I get good games and I'm actually paying for games that are worth it, for a change!! Torchlight II, Borderlands 2, TAKE MY MONEY, NOAW!

Deleted
    After watching someone on youtube playing it, I gotta say this looks a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The art style is just lovely and the game-play, while it seems pretty simple, also looks like proper fun. It has great humoristic elements which is a big plus in my book, although some people have mentioned that it becomes a little long-drawn and dry in the end, so far it still makes me laugh. Never played the first one or saw anyone play it, and I might try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Depends on what the others I'll end up playing with plays. I'd like to go Commando, but I hear that's pretty popular, so maybe the assassin because sniping is fun.
    Zer0 is certainly the most popular. I've entered many games where there's been 2 Zer0s. In my experience the Gunzerker is the least popular for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool talking weapon Easter egg.

THEY HAVE MINECRAFT!

Deleted
    Have they fixed sniping in the sequel?

Because in BL1, true long range sniping was impossible because the enemies would stop being rendered and dissappeared at long distances.

15+ Year Old Account
    (I should add.. BL1 on xbox, and BL2 on pc)

I played sniper and siren in the first game. They were awsome. I just had a hard time finding a gun that wasn't a SMG or Assault rifle.

The sniper is better in this game (better abilities) and the siren is more fun. Sniper Rifles seem better... there are talents/items to increase your clip size.

But again, for solo, I'm forced on an assault rifle because the damage scales better.
    Sniper Rifle in team games (I usually look for 3ppl games) I just sit back and crit all the time.. It might be my pc/graphics, but I'm having an easy time rolling things at a distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    Cool talking weapon Easter egg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F229Qxgipn4
    Dunno if I'd call this an easter egg. It's one of the possible rewards after a lengthy quest about finding a worthy body for a "friendly" AI. After getting blown up a few times, he admits defeat, he allows you to put him into your choice of a gun or a shield. Pretty neat, unfortunately they were both crap.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Zer0 is certainly the most popular. I've entered many games where there's been 2 Zer0s. In my experience the Gunzerker is the least popular for some reason.
    It's because of his general playstyle. He's the only class who's ability doesn't help him survive, quite the opposite. You whip out a second gun and completely lose the ability to aim down the sights and basically just vomit ammo for a minute and a half. Admittedly it can be pretty amazing with 2 extremely powerful shotguns at close range on a boss, but half the time, if you were going to get shot down, you're just going to get shot down anyway and it does nothing to prevent this.

The badass factor is there, but it's not very useful in a group unless you're running with a healing siren.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Because in BL1, true long range sniping was impossible because the enemies would stop being rendered and dissappeared at long distances.
    Sniping is a lot better in this game for me. I feel like the distance has been increased by a ton, but I haven't played BL1 in a while so I might just be imagining it. It felt so much more fun though, and I'm really liking Zer0 the best out of all the characters.

I found a pretty good sniper rifle. 11 shot clip, actually it's fully auto but it's useless that way. It's accurate, and usually takes things out in one shot to the head except nomads. But man, sniper rifle ammo drops pretty fast.

I find it quite difficult to find a weapon that feels quite right, but I just mix it up. I mix it up mainly to conserve ammo for a different type. Still haven't found a good pistol. I use the one I have but it loses accuracy so fast when I start firing it that it's like useless. I miss the old slow revolvers where I only need to hit with the first shot.

"If it took more than one shot, then you weren't using a Jakobs" doesn't apply anymore.

Deleted
    Damn it, is there a way to change the class by editting some sort of INI or hack? the gunzerker isn't as fun as the commando i don't want to level up again to 23