Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
26
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    It's not really that big of a deal. Money has pretty limited uses and eventually you stop caring (at least I did in the first one). It's not a problem for me because I frivolously gamble all my money away. But really, it's a matter of necessity. If you have amassed 1 million, and you die and lose 100k (or whatever it is, 70k in this one too?), you're still filthy rich. Your money is going to be gradually going up all the time and you aren't spending it. In 10 more levels, that 1 million will be pretty small. Look at it that way.

    Even if you are losing money when you die, it's not a loss that matters, that's my point. It doesn't matter because as you level, it's easier to get, making the loss matter even less. I mean, if you aren't spending it, then why should it matter?
    I know it makes no logical sense, but it still makes me feel miserable for no good reason. I'm always thinking I'm gonna gamble it all away when the time is right, but my stuff seems always to stay a step ahead of what I can find from the slot machines =( And I propably have already completed the gambling challenges 3 times over.

  2. #302
    Ill say one thing, 2k games sure know how to make a trailer. That shit would sell anything, i bet it could even make tampons exciting and make guys buy it.

    I personally have no real use for money, i go to the titty bar and gamble it all away as soon as i get it. Got quite a few useful orange weapons from it.

    I also made a huge mistake or its a bug. My friend came over with his laptop and we started a 2 man lan game. I joined his session (was on the same quest) we rushed through the main storyline(we wanted to get to vault hunter mode and the story was the main reason for the purchase). We logged off for the night and when we tried to play again the next day he had vault hunter mode and i was still at one of the starter quests you get around level 4, even tho my siren is level 30 Means im going to have to do a full play through to play at the same quest as him. Wont let me join his game

  3. #303
    Bloodsail Admiral Sileh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    K-ON!!
    Posts
    1,056
    Anyone else unable to get the bad touch from Moxxi again?

    I seem to only be able to get good touches, she just refuses to give the bad touch.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Anyone else unable to get the bad touch from Moxxi again?

    I seem to only be able to get good touches, she just refuses to give the bad touch.
    it's random, but have you tried exiting and loading your game again?

  5. #305
    Bloodsail Admiral Sileh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    K-ON!!
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    it's random, but have you tried exiting and loading your game again?
    Two of my friends and I all loaded a different game and we can only get the good touch. I'm not sure it's random if all three of us got the good touch 8 times in a row.

    And yes, we tried it in different games.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Anyone else unable to get the bad touch from Moxxi again?

    I seem to only be able to get good touches, she just refuses to give the bad touch.
    Wait, when does this happen? I haven't finished the first PT yet.

  7. #307
    Bloodsail Admiral Sileh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    K-ON!!
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Wait, when does this happen? I haven't finished the first PT yet.
    It's from her tip jar, I also haven't finished the first PT.

  8. #308
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    7,813
    How much did you donate? Sometimes takes 50k~

  9. #309
    Bloodsail Admiral Sileh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    K-ON!!
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    How much did you donate? Sometimes takes 50k~
    Nono that's not the problem, the problem is that Moxxi keeps giving me the good touch and just refuses to give the bad touch.

  10. #310
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    7,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Nono that's not the problem, the problem is that Moxxi keeps giving me the good touch and just refuses to give the bad touch.
    Ah. No idea then. Maybe save back up and just redo it over and over? Not really the best method.

  11. #311
    Well I got to new game +, more specifically to cap'n flynt... and it's just die, die, die, die, lose money, lose money, lose money. I gave up. COnsidering how hard as balls he is, I even gritted my teeth and respawned properly, but after 4 deaths I had to just ctrl+alt+del the game down right there. I couldn't even bear seeing the game for the half a minute it woul have taken to quit normally.
    I'm going to hit all my money away gambling as soon as I hit sanctuary and pray I never go over 1k cash again. Assuming the bare memory of what just transpired doesn't make me nauseous tomorrow and I can actually figure how to get past that asshole.
    There's just something in this formula of failure cost that pushesh me in all the wrong places in such a way it's able to completely kill a play session and any will to try and continue for the rest of the day. If I only could get past Flynt, I could kill that sentiment permanently at the slot machines, seeing how I already got all the wealth accumulation achievements...

    ...and now I get a flashback from BL1 where the vending machine has a ridiculously good orange/purple for sale for 6 more minutes and I have no hope of scraping together the cash for it in time. Great.

    Such a good game, and then you die, and it's like waking from a good dream to a phone call where your boss fires you, and the bank forecloses your house. =(

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Nono that's not the problem, the problem is that Moxxi keeps giving me the good touch and just refuses to give the bad touch.
    you tipping 100$ or 1000$? I remember hearing it was more likely to come from the 1k tip, but I've gotten it from the 100 tip before(and it was the first time I started tipping)

  13. #313
    One thing I wish Borderlands 2 had was a Looking for Group.

    My friend pulled a Diablo on me, and decided he needed no sleep and is now 20 levels ahead of me. Solo leveling is the greatest way to get burnt out.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Well I got to new game +, more specifically to cap'n flynt... and it's just die, die, die, die, lose money, lose money, lose money. I gave up. COnsidering how hard as balls he is, I even gritted my teeth and respawned properly, but after 4 deaths I had to just ctrl+alt+del the game down right there. I couldn't even bear seeing the game for the half a minute it woul have taken to quit normally.
    I'm going to hit all my money away gambling as soon as I hit sanctuary and pray I never go over 1k cash again. Assuming the bare memory of what just transpired doesn't make me nauseous tomorrow and I can actually figure how to get past that asshole.
    There's just something in this formula of failure cost that pushesh me in all the wrong places in such a way it's able to completely kill a play session and any will to try and continue for the rest of the day. If I only could get past Flynt, I could kill that sentiment permanently at the slot machines, seeing how I already got all the wealth accumulation achievements...

    ...and now I get a flashback from BL1 where the vending machine has a ridiculously good orange/purple for sale for 6 more minutes and I have no hope of scraping together the cash for it in time. Great.

    Such a good game, and then you die, and it's like waking from a good dream to a phone call where your boss fires you, and the bank forecloses your house. =(
    Ahaha, it's not that bad. Death happens. Make sure to save mobs for your second wind. Money is irrelevant! And I don't ever find purples and oranges at vending machines in BL2.

  15. #315
    Flynt is the first boss yes? I bought a shield that made you immune to fire damage and it helped out a lot against him.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Flynt is the first boss yes? I bought a shield that made you immune to fire damage and it helped out a lot against him.
    My roblems are more his explosion attacks and that he regenerates shields when fire obscures my vision and he regens shields if I stay out of their reach, but I'll try to see if I can't find an immunity shield for that. Forgto those existed, thanks.

  17. #317
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    7,813
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    My roblems are more his explosion attacks and that he regenerates shields when fire obscures my vision and he regens shields if I stay out of their reach, but I'll try to see if I can't find an immunity shield for that. Forgto those existed, thanks.
    I generally always keep a 30-40% elemental damage reduction shield. It adds health, generally decent shield and regen / delay. Works nicely for a lot of situations.

  18. #318
    I find myself playing less and less online in a party. At the start, it's pretty clear in which direction you're all heading, but in a quick match setup, once the game progresses beyond Flynt, you often get groups that just skip all quest dialog by selecting all possible quests and run back and forth without trying to absorb any of the humor that's in the game. For a first walkthrough, that's quite annoying, so I actually stopped playing online. To me, that's a bit of a pity, because it defeats the purpose of such a game and I can't bear to recommend it to my friends, because multiplayer doesn't really add anything to the gameplay. Mobs just soak up more damage and dish out more.

    All in all, my first hype feeling is slowly fading and now I'm not entirely sure I'm all that happy about buying the game.

  19. #319
    Mechagnome Ghraxxus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    unholy hell of Texas
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Well I got to new game +, more specifically to cap'n flynt... and it's just die, die, die, die, lose money, lose money, lose money. I gave up. COnsidering how hard as balls he is, I even gritted my teeth and respawned properly, but after 4 deaths I had to just ctrl+alt+del the game down right there. I couldn't even bear seeing the game for the half a minute it woul have taken to quit normally.
    I'm going to hit all my money away gambling as soon as I hit sanctuary and pray I never go over 1k cash again. Assuming the bare memory of what just transpired doesn't make me nauseous tomorrow and I can actually figure how to get past that asshole.
    There's just something in this formula of failure cost that pushesh me in all the wrong places in such a way it's able to completely kill a play session and any will to try and continue for the rest of the day. If I only could get past Flynt, I could kill that sentiment permanently at the slot machines, seeing how I already got all the wealth accumulation achievements...

    ...and now I get a flashback from BL1 where the vending machine has a ridiculously good orange/purple for sale for 6 more minutes and I have no hope of scraping together the cash for it in time. Great.

    Such a good game, and then you die, and it's like waking from a good dream to a phone call where your boss fires you, and the bank forecloses your house. =(

    in fighting captain flynt, u need to stick and move, don't go toe to toe with him, and for god sake don't be any lower lvl outside of lvl 7 in facing him.... he is rough, when he starts the burning coat thing, kill the burning psychos quickly, if u leave them alive ur finished. if possibly lure him to the back of the boat then go forward and pick off his adds.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    in fighting captain flynt, u need to stick and move, don't go toe to toe with him, and for god sake don't be any lower lvl outside of lvl 7 in facing him.... he is rough, when he starts the burning coat thing, kill the burning psychos quickly, if u leave them alive ur finished. if possibly lure him to the back of the boat then go forward and pick off his adds.
    Well huzzah, new game+ doc mercy has a homing transfusion mirv grenade that instakills me through 30k of effective hp. Whoop-fucking-doo. I've noticed some changes in his gun between respawning him over again, but that grenade is always there. Gg.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •