Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Is it? Shouldn't the ratio of stats be about the same?
    The stats grows linearly up to lvl 49 but there is a big step between 49 and 50.

Sorry to Hijack the thread a little, but i have a question.
    I Purchased the retail copy of Borderlands 2 and it got sent to my other address and i'll be unable to pick it up for a couple of weeks. My girlfriend however can but it via steam.
    Now I can call someone at the other address and get them to give me a CD code if there is one in the box.
    My question is, if I copied my girlfriends Borderlands 2 steam install onto my machine, could I then just use the CD key (from the box) in steam to activate Borderlands 2?

Im not sure if Borderlands 2 has anything specific, but it shouldnt be a problem to do as you ask.

Alternativly you could just get the code, put it in to steam and just download the game through steam (though if you have a traffic limit, then it might be preferable to copy your girlfriends installation and put it in to your steam dir.

Best of luck with it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    The stats grows linearly up to lvl 49 but there is a big step between 49 and 50.
    Yeah, but so do the enemies, right? So why would a level 27 bee shield against level 27 mobs be worse than a level 50 shield against level 50 mobs?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Has anybody made a mechromancer yet? if so do you feel it was worth the money? I'm still unsure whether to buy it.
    Deathtrap is so horribly overpowered it's not even funny. Seriously, what took me 10 minutes with my assassin on first play through to kill Boom and Bewm took a minute at most once Deathtrap was active, he seriously killed the Big Bertha tank in 5 swings and I only shot the thing with a round of about 10 pistol bullets. He was pretty much 2 shotting all the spawned enemies as well.

Deleted
    Yeah, but so do the enemies, right? So why would a level 27 bee shield against level 27 mobs be worse than a level 50 shield against level 50 mobs?
    Because Sekira is wrong. The weapons scale exponentially when you get to PT2, as they become much better per level than before. At level 50 you also have high "itemlevel" purples and legendaries.

Deleted
    Lo folks, just wanting to ask a couple quickies.

At about 8 or so hours in, level 12, and killing stuff at my level is starting to become boring a bit...

I'm sure I'm fully upgraded, weapons are up to date, but enemies just seem to absorb damage. Headshots or "criticals" aren't particularly effective, and I find myself unloading soo many damn bullets to kill enemies. This also proves problematic when I die, I usually can't ress up quickly with a couple clean headshots because I have to unload a clip into an enemy, reload, unload a second and by that time I'm properly dead.

Does this remain an issue? Honestly, if enemies are going to remain like this I won't even bother playing, it just isn't fun watching enemies soak up damage.

Also, I never played Borderlands so if it's a familiar aspect of the Borderlands games then pardon me.

I'm also playing a Siren, if that makes much difference, specced into Cataclysm. gone down the right branch mostly.

Well I don't know about siren's, but unlike the 1st game weapon damage plays a bigger role than it did in the first game. I'd make sure you do as much of the side missions as you can figure out. Also carrying around different weapons that enemies are weak against really helps. At least have a fire and corrosive weapon and either carry and normal/slag/electrical weapon, and you'll find tough hurdles to be a lot easier than just winging with whatever you pick up. I'd recommend having a sniper that's either slagged or normal damage as it works well in any situation that you die really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    Lo folks, just wanting to ask a couple quickies.

At about 8 or so hours in, level 12, and killing stuff at my level is starting to become boring a bit...

I'm sure I'm fully upgraded, weapons are up to date, but enemies just seem to absorb damage. Headshots or "criticals" aren't particularly effective, and I find myself unloading soo many damn bullets to kill enemies. This also proves problematic when I die, I usually can't ress up quickly with a couple clean headshots because I have to unload a clip into an enemy, reload, unload a second and by that time I'm properly dead.

Does this remain an issue? Honestly, if enemies are going to remain like this I won't even bother playing, it just isn't fun watching enemies soak up damage.

Also, I never played Borderlands so if it's a familiar aspect of the Borderlands games then pardon me.

I'm also playing a Siren, if that makes much difference, specced into Cataclysm. gone down the right branch mostly.
    More dots. You need more dots.

Sometimes, my fire/corrosive will bring an enemy to half, and the dot will finish off the second half. Head shots really do count, but multiple head shots of course. Are enemies higher level than you? Are you exploiting the proper weakness? Got any blue weapons or just greens?

Deleted
    I've got a purple and 2 greens at the moment, the purple is level 8, I just haven't found an SMG that's better yet and a pair of greens, a lvl 10 shotgun (Bit pants, I've been looking to replace it) and a lvl 11 pistol which I got earlier.

The Pistol is electric, it's probably the weapon that does the most damage out of all 3. I didn't realise elemental weapons were as powerful as they made themselves out to be. I've been drawn towards weapons with cooler little effects, like ones that shoot small explosive projectiles instead of bullets (Big fan of projectile weapons > hitscan weapons) or SMG's that shoot triplets of bullets.

I'll start moving towards elemental weapons, that seems to be an issue there, cheers!

The Pirate DLC is very lackluster. The story was alright, it wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst.

The thing that really pissed me off, was the lockouts. Just why? In game that's based around FARMING LOOT, why would you implement a lockout on bosses, and then not even increase their drop rates?

Only one boss drops crystals, and he only dropped 8 for me in the one kill I was allowed today. Guns cost 120 crystals, relics cost 50. 2 weeks to get 1 gun. 1 week to get 1 relic.

It's just gotten ridiculous. They need to either get rid of the lockouts, or change drop rates so the bosses drop some better loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    The Pirate DLC is very lackluster. The story was alright, it wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst.
    For the first dlc, it was pretty nice, envrionments were huge, it was a nice break from what's already in game of robots and handsome jack.

The thing that really pissed me off, was the lockouts. Just why? In game that's based around FARMING LOOT, why would you implement a lockout on bosses, and then not even increase their drop rates?
    This is the RPG aspect of the FPSRPG that is Borderlands.

Only one boss drops crystals, and he only dropped 8 for me in the one kill I was allowed today. Guns cost 120 crystals, relics cost 50. 2 weeks to get 1 gun. 1 week to get 1 relic.
    Two of them drop the crystals, impossible and invincible. Not to mention the guns are shitty and the bosses have the worst mechanics in the world, I'm all for trying new things, but no matter what gun you have, it won't do shit against these guys.

It's just gotten ridiculous. They need to either get rid of the lockouts, or change drop rates so the bosses drop some better loot.
    The loot is not that great to farm them for, the bosses in the actual game still drop better loot ,and the crystals are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    The loot is not that great to farm them for, the bosses in the actual game still drop better loot ,and the crystals are useless.
    That just adds insult to injury.

So not only do they require excessive time to acquire, but the rewards are not reflective of the time required? Really? No, lockouts are not Borderlands style. People play on their only schedule, this is not an MMO and there's no need to impede progression.

Rewards should reflect effort. If you really have to wait 2 weeks to get them, they better be some of the best damn items in the game.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found a few really rocking purples in the Hyperion Circle of Slaughter today. I picked up an E-tech fast firing sniper rifle with shock effect and 2k damage which is a nice upgrade from the same one I have that is a level 19 sitting in my bank for alts that came from the skeleton key box. Got a purple shield that grants bonus health and about 5k shield, plus resistance to all elemental effects, as well as a Slag SMG that I won't use since I have a level 28 E-tech SMG that does the same thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    That just adds insult to injury.

So not only do they require excessive time to acquire, but the rewards are not reflective of the time required? Really? No, lockouts are not Borderlands style. People play on their only schedule, this is not an MMO and there's no need to impede progression.

Rewards should reflect effort. If you really have to wait 2 weeks to get them, they better be some of the best damn items in the game.
    I agree, and with the red text i was expecting to some amazing effects, but nope, people have already tested them out on the PC and they're just like level 50 greens. It's also pretty silly to have a lockout in a game that is not really competitive at all.

So apparently achievements for next DLC are already up. This usually means that the next is going be coming out soon.

3 pieces of DLC right after release. Is anyone else feeling like they cut some content?

Achievements:
    1) Explosive (Bronze): "Completed the mission - Long way to the top"

2) Motorhead (Silver): "Completed all Campaign of Carnage side missions"

3) Obsessed (Gold): "Collected 10 pictures of Moxxi in Campaign of Carnage"

Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    So apparently achievements for next DLC are already up. This usually means that the next is going be coming out soon.

3 pieces of DLC right after release. Is anyone else feeling like they cut some content?

Achievements:
    1) Explosive (Bronze): "Completed the mission - Long way to the top"

2) Motorhead (Silver): "Completed all Campaign of Carnage side missions"

3) Obsessed (Gold): "Collected 10 pictures of Moxxi in Campaign of Carnage"
    When the game is send to the printer, there's some time where the developers are doing nothing, which is a perfect time to start on DLC. Also, people are a lot less likely to buy DLC the longer time it takes for it to come out after the game, six months after and a lot of people won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I agree, and with the red text i was expecting to some amazing effects, but nope, people have already tested them out on the PC and they're just like level 50 greens. It's also pretty silly to have a lockout in a game that is not really competitive at all.
    Anyone got any tricks to circumvent lockout, or hacks? Because I will not buy the DLC without some way around that crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. Can't play at the moment but looking forward to trying the Scarlet DLC. What level is required to mess with it?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 I believe.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory