Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey! So my brothers and I got this game last week and i have been leveling as Siren. I have been speced into harmony for team play but they have gone away. I wanted to know if anyone could link me a good solo spec for sirens to level as?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    there are some elemental specs on the gearbox forum
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

So I guess I have a question, still pretty new to this game. But for these golden keys, my reading is they give out epic weapons and skins, so would it be better to use them once you've played through the story for higher quality weapons, or is it irrelevant and doesn't scale based on level or what mode you're playing?

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So I guess I have a question, still pretty new to this game. But for these golden keys, my reading is they give out epic weapons and skins, so would it be better to use them once you've played through the story for higher quality weapons, or is it irrelevant and doesn't scale based on level or what mode you're playing?
    The items will be the same level as the character that opened the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogie View Post
    The items will be the same level as the character that opened the chest.
    So it'd be best to cap a character before using my keys I guess? I mean I haven't finished it yet, I'm just entering all those shift codes in to get them now in case they might expire.

Deleted
    I'd use them every few levels if you haven't got a good blue/purple weapon. They will really make things easier and speed up your levelling. When you hit max level, and you go farming Warrior or other bosses, you'll have so many epic/legendary weapons the keys will be meaningless.

Deleted
    Can't believe I got my first legendary drop from Old Slappy. First kill even!

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/St...Borderlands_2)

Not exactly the best but since I'm level 21, it's pretty great and better than what I had.

Deleted

Fastest route to leveling in Borderlands 2?

Hello, me and a few of my friends have gotten it with the steam sale a few days ago and I am wondering what is our fastest route of lvling. I don't really want to get into dlcs and use them to lvl since I want to try em out at max, is the best way to just finish the main quest and then start over and finish it again? Around how long does it take to hit 61 without touching the dlc zones?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's kind of a boring/canned answer, but it's the truth. Just play the game as you would normally.

Deleted
    Why would you get borderlands with the goal to just power lvl through it?

Deleted
    Like I said, I mostly want to get through it so I can do the dlcs at max level so I was wondering around how long it takes to hit 61 just doing the standard shit. Like, how many levels can I get per play through.

The DLCs scale with your level so if you enter for example Oasis(of scarlet DLC) at level 30ish after finishing the 1st playtrhough, the mobs there will be level 30.

You dont have to be max level to enjoy the DLCs

So, I just got Borderlands with the Steam sale. I was playing for a little while, and I just got to Sanctuary. I've kinda go mixed feelings about it. It just feels kinda, meh. Is it just slow in the beginning? D:
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Quote Originally Posted by Zerxeskrogg View Post
    Like I said, I mostly want to get through it so I can do the dlcs at max level so I was wondering around how long it takes to hit 61 just doing the standard shit. Like, how many levels can I get per play through.
    After you finish the game on the first playthrough, there is still True Vault Hunter Mode and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. You are going to get the chance to see the DLC multiple times through, and they are good enough you will probably want to. Just play the game. You will get your chance to try stuff all over again at Max. That and the DLCs are for some fast levelling.

As for your question, the first playthrough will typically end you out at 32-34ish, maybe a little bit lower if you skip everything. TVHM, probably a bit around 50+ if you don't skip most of the content. UVHM is for 50+, but will scale with your level.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2013-07-22 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    So, I just got Borderlands with the Steam sale. I was playing for a little while, and I just got to Sanctuary. I've kinda go mixed feelings about it. It just feels kinda, meh. Is it just slow in the beginning? D:
    It is kinda slow in the normal difficulty. Once you get up into TVHM you'll start getting into the real meat of the game, and that's also when the stats on guns start getting really crazy. Also, once you finish TVHM, don't just rush straight into UVHM. You should farm most of the top gear for whatever class you're using to not get stomped in Ultimate (if you didn't know, Ultimate multiplies everything's TVHM health by 4 and the damage by 2, as well as constantly leveling up monsters in your area to match your level).

Side note to anyone having trouble in UVHM: Make sure you have a slag weapon and you're getting it on everything before killing it. Slag is upgraded to 3x damage in Ultimate, so it makes killing everything that much quicker. I'd recommend either getting a Slag Ruby for the healing, or a Slag Sand Hawk (it fires 8 bullets for the price of one, and they all usually hit the target).

So, does anyone want to play online? I mean single player is great and hilarious, but I don't know any other PC players with the game, can't help but feel more people might make it more enjoyable.

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me if I should start True Vault Hunter mode with a level 34 character or should I just keep farming the last boss for drops, gold(I already have 500k...), iridium, etc?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Can anyone tell me if I should start True Vault Hunter mode with a level 34 character or should I just keep farming the last boss for drops, gold(I already have 500k...), iridium, etc?
    34 is fine although but if you want to make the transition easier for yourself then you may farm the Warrior for some drops. Make sure you do all side quests as well (journal indicates which areas have undiscovered quests) and when in THVM don't accept the side quests with the blue/purple items you want (i.e. Moxxi ones, Deadly Bloom, Flame of the Firehawk) but wait until playthrough 2.5 which is the 2nd THVM playthrough after finishing your first one. Reason being: Items and quests don't auto-scale but are bound to the playthrough's caps and playthrough 2.5's is level 50 so your goal is to get the level 50 versions of them because they kick more ass. Also always deliver those first as some questgivers acting as alternative choice will auto-tag those quests even if you wanted to deliver another one (nice coding!). Normal cash is technically irrelevant unless you're shopping a lot or are trying to tip off Moxxi for both Touch versions. You can get cheap ammo at Southern Shelf station especially rockets if need be because the ammo costs are tied to the location and its associated levels (which means Southern Shelf is the poor man's shopping place). I usually don't waste much thought over it and jump into TVHM asap.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2013-07-22 at 03:59 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    My only fear was that I would be stuck in TVHM and not being able to go back to normal mode but it seems like I can, as someone told me, so I'm just going to start it now. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So, does anyone want to play online? I mean single player is great and hilarious, but I don't know any other PC players with the game, can't help but feel more people might make it more enjoyable.
    Just join a random game, or host one. The 'community' of BL players is fery open to just running about shooting things. They often go doing 'raid' bosses though, and can expect you to play a particular spec (Siren with ranged res for example)

There is an MMO-Champion group on steam, I highly suggest looking there for players.