Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Collect 200 fragments each before MOP? Arch

I was thinking... should I save fragments and not solve them before MOP? And solve all of them when I'll train on 25th for above 525 arch? I am hoping I'd get some skills up especially from Tol'avir solves if I'll have 200 fragments unsolved before MOP

What do u guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be saving them, learning the next level of arch, then making solves.
    Putin khuliyo

on 525+ skill all solves exept pandaren have low chance to give+1 skill is even if you got 200 fragmen of all i doubt that you will get more then 10 skill from it

Deleted
    Now would be a good time to take a break from Archy. Leveling will go much faster and smoother with Pandaren artifacts and you can still get any of the previous race fragments from turning in 'restored artifacts', so it's a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Now would be a good time to take a break from Archy. Leveling will go much faster and smoother with Pandaren artifacts and you can still get any of the previous race fragments from turning in 'restored artifacts', so it's a win-win.
    From what I understand, you can level up Arch from 525-600 in Pandaria in one day, or if you really go at it, probably a few hours, or so I've read. lol.

Deleted
    isn't the only MoP Arch trainer is in Valley of Eternal bloosm ? . So technical you need to do this quest in temple to be able go VoEB ? and for that quest if im not mistake was required lvl 87 . I might be wrong too, but last time when i did beta was like that ^^.
    Also a old solv fragments was Grey when i tryed solve them

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    From what I understand, you can level up Arch from 525-600 in Pandaria in one day, or if you really go at it, probably a few hours, or so I've read. lol.
    Likely. I mean, 1-525 only took one day (one horrible... horrible day, got realm first though! 16 hours to be exact) and Arch seems to be going much faster in Pandaria. Yes, you aren't getting as many levels from each solve, but you are also getting A LOT more fragments per unit of time. Although the fact that you can't fly until level 90 will really put a damper on going for realm first.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    on 525+ skill all solves exept pandaren have low chance to give+1 skill is even if you got 200 fragmen of all i doubt that you will get more then 10 skill from it
    Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Likely. I mean, 1-525 only took one day (one horrible... horrible day, got realm first though! 16 hours to be exact) and Arch seems to be going much faster in Pandaria. Yes, you aren't getting as many levels from each solve, but you are also getting A LOT more fragments per unit of time. Although the fact that you can't fly until level 90 will really put a damper on going for realm first.
    I would rather shoot myself than do archaeology for that long straight.
    Putin khuliyo

I am one of the few people in the world who have the REAL oldschool amount of fragments (I have over 4000 night elf ones), because I never used them before they put in the 200 cap. I also tested this a few months back and again just now because I saw this post, here is the useless result:

http://i.imgur.com/zkWS7.jpg

You wont get any skill gains AT ALL on old fragment types...

I kept these 4000 nelf fragments for a couple of years, in hopes that I could score an easy realm-first Arch600 at level90. But at least Blizzard made this impossible (good choice)
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-09-18 at 12:00 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    I am one of the few people in the world who have the REAL oldschool amount of fragments (I have over 4000 night elf ones), because I never used them before they put in the 200 cap. I also tested this a few months back and again today, here is the useless result (You wont get any skill gains AT ALL on old fragment types):

I kept these 4000 nelf fragments for a couple of years, in hopes that I could score an easy realm-first at level90. But at least Blizzard made this impossible (good choice)
    Good info - proof there if it were needed that there's no point hoarding fragments at this stage. I guess it might be worth hoarding Tol'vir ones - they might give a skill-up or two.

Tell you what though, you are gonna make a shed load of gold from selling all those greys

10+ Year Old Account
    I am one of the few people in the world who have the REAL oldschool amount of fragments (I have over 4000 night elf ones), because I never used them before they put in the 200 cap. I also tested this a few months back and again just now because I saw this post, here is the useless result:

http://i.imgur.com/zkWS7.jpg

You wont get any skill gains AT ALL on old fragment types...

I kept these 4000 nelf fragments for a couple of years, in hopes that I could score an easy realm-first Arch600 at level90. But at least Blizzard made this impossible (good choice)
    Considering Cataclysm as "Old School"? My how the game has declined :/ It's not worth saving up the fragments since skillups will be primarily if not exclusively from Pandaren solves unless they decide to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Considering Cataclysm as "Old School"? My how the game has declined :/ It's not worth saving up the fragments since skillups will be primarily if not exclusively from Pandaren solves unless they decide to change that.
    How about you read the post before you make insulting comments and redundant reply's - I'm not saying Cataclysm is oldschool. I'm saying my fragments are from the oldschool days of the Archeology system when there was no cap.

And I already stated the fact that you won't get skill up from old fragment types and used the screenshot as proof. No need to repeat that in your post either. My answer was based on proof, yours is based on assumptions.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    How about you read the post before you make insulting comments and redundant reply's - I'm not saying Cataclysm is oldschool. I'm saying my fragments are from the oldschool days of the Archeology system when there was no cap.

And I already stated the fact that you won't get skill up from old fragment types and used the screenshot as proof. No need to repeat that in your post either. My answer was based on proof, yours is based on assumptions.
    Defensive much? Everything in beta is subject to change until launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's not being defensive, merely pointing out your lack of basic comprehension skills and ability to post redundant replies.

Meh, Blizz are right to have the 525-600 part of archaeology come from Pandaria digs alone, otherwise the server-first would be a matter of who manages to log in first :P

Besides, anybody who cares even slightly about archaeology has almost everything useful from the current items anyway. (Always one or two items that just won't show up, speaking from experience here ^_^ )

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata is oldschool when MoP hits. Obsolete. That's about all Nelle meant by that.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I am one of the few people in the world who have the REAL oldschool amount of fragments (I have over 4000 night elf ones), )
    Just to make it extra clear for anyone who misunderstood what he meant.

Am I right to assume that Uldum: Tol’vir should still grant you skill points or everything in cata will be not worth it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Cata is oldschool when MoP hits. Obsolete. That's about all Nelle meant by that.
    No, what he meant was that he has over 200 fragments for each race because there used to be no cap i.e. oldschool archaeology.

I think about half the posters on MMO need to do a basic reading comprehension course.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post

Am I right to assume that Uldum: Tol’vir should still grant you skill points or everything in cata will be not worth it?
    He was only solving NE relics in that screenshot so I guess there is a small chance that solving Tol'vir ones will give some skillups, but I wouldn't bank on it.

At this stage, if you're going to be farming anything, arch fragments would be bottom of my list.

"I'm sorry, I misread what you wrote" would be one way to respond and not look like a tool. You were wrong, no need to keep digging.

Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    I was thinking... should I save fragments and not solve them before MOP? And solve all of them when I'll train on 25th for above 525 arch? I am hoping I'd get some skills up especially from Tol'avir solves if I'll have 200 fragments unsolved before MOP

What do u guys think?
    How about saving up 200 fragments for a XP boost?

Will solves give xp past 85?
    I've no idea what to write here.