Even More 1.0.5 Information, Whirlwind Demon Hunter Build, Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls Ebook
Paladin and Priest Challenge Mode Gear Procs
Tonight we take a look at a little bit more flare for the Challenge Mode gear! Each set has a special proc that will go off during combat or other actions. Some of the sets even have multiple procs or slight variations depending on what you are casting.
You can find the Challenge Mode set previews on our Challenge Mode Gear page, found in the menu in the navbar. Each class has a proc for their set, so keep checking back to see your class's set!
The developers are doing interviews as we get closers to launch, so here is a recap from the first few. Thanks to ArenaJunkies, Gamespy, and wowcrendor.
- Patch 5.1 will release "shortly after the game is out".
- Phasing is only used for major events in Mists of Pandaria.
- You can see your friends while in a different phase and each of you will see a different phase.
- It will take a raid of roughly 40 players to take down the Sha of Anger. He will appear in different areas of the zone and change what is spawned around him.
- Scenarios are a replacement for group quests that you won't have to wait in queue for a long time for.
- Challenge Modes will require you to be on the same server as other players. (This conflicts with Ghostcrawler's tweet)
- Questing is less linear and you should be able to skip some of the quest hubs without missing too much of the story. Jade Forest is more linear than the rest of the zones.
- The daily quests that are available change every day and change based on your reputation with the faction.
- You have a NPC companion that fights alongside you when doing Shado-pan daily quests.
- Cataclysm was more content than had ever been done before because of the 1 to 60 revamp, but many people just looked at the 80 to 85 experience.
- Blizzard follows the player run and professional tournaments, but realizes that it is a hard to watch eSport and is hard to watch. It isn't likely that arenas will be as popular as Starcraft ever, but the goal is to make them fun for the players are are interested in playing.
- The addition of a tournament UI is still on the list of things that would be nice to do as soon as there is development time for it.
- Rating decay may not be the best solution, especially during longer patches like 4.3 when people may not be interested in playing every week. Players should play because they enjoy it and not avoid playing because they might lose rating.
- The current rewards system is working well and the improvements to PvP gear through PvP Power and Resilience should make the gear more attractive.
- The battleground queuing system is old and could use work, it may take advantage of the LFD system and perform faster and smarter in the future. This could include queuing with groups to fight other premades.
- Blizzard believes that the PvP weapons will be stronger than the heroic PvE weapons due to the PvP stat changes.
- Many players are worried that overpowered abilities will allow players to reach high rating within the first two weeks and camp it for the rest of the season. Whether or not Blizzard makes huge sweeping changes is just going to depend on the magnitude of the problem, as it really upsets players and can seem unfair after they have already formed teams and started playing.
- If Ghostcrawler could change one thing about Cataclysm, he would move all the zones into one continent. The teleporting between zones didn't feel like WoW should.
- Cross-Realm zones were designed to fix lower level zones that are dead, not low population realms. The game isn't likely to support people that want to opt out of Cross-Realm zones.
- A Cross-Realm Auction House has been talked about, but it would be hard to do it right and dynamically. It is something being considering for the lowest population realms though.
- Cooking has been improved for Mists of Pandaria. Similar changes might come to other professions depending on player feedback.
- Fishing still isn't where it should be. Making it more like minigame or adding more complexity to the system might be solutions in the future.
- Burning Crusade raid progression went through all of the content, but Wrath of the Lich King made old raids obsolete quickly after each patch. Mists of Pandaria uses Raid Finder to keep older content relevant to gear up alts for new content.
- Gearing up was too fast for alts or people returning in Cataclysm and WotLK, so in Mists of Pandaria characters that are still working on normal modes when a new raid tier comes out should want to still complete the final bosses before moving on to the new raid. Burning Crusade took too long to gear up new players, making it necessary for them to go through all of the old raids.
- Players expected Theramore to be a big event, rather than a preview of how the Scenario system works. It was a systems preview and not an event.
- Scenarios have no tank, so you have to rely on your own skills a little bit more compared to dungeons and raids.
- Making challenge modes for raids is difficult because of length of raids compared to dungeons. They also make trash important, as it is much more difficult in challenge mode. Even in heroic difficulty raids the trash isn't very difficult.
Battle Chest and Wrath of the Lich King - Together at Last!
Your Guided Tour Behind the Mists of Pandaria
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Mists of Pandaria Characters
Blizzard is displaying some information about Mists of Pandaria characters on their Facebook page.
Blizzard Games News
Lindsay returns to update us on Diablo 3, the Worlds Inc. Lawsuit against Blizzard, and Mists of Pandaria.