Fire elemental and buffs.

I was curious as to if there had been any changes to the fire elemental this patch. I cant seem to find any info anywhere and I'm getting conflicting sources from EJ/icey veins about weather the fire elemental takes a snapshot of your stats or not.

Ej says "Use it with as many Intellect buffs up as humanly possible. The best time for this is right at the beginning of the fight, with Volcanic Potion pre-potted and all your Int procs, trinkets, and on-use +Int abilities off cooldown. Since the Elemental takes a snapshot of your stats at the moment it's dropped, it will gain substantially from all your procs being up at once."

and icey veins says "The Elementals will adjust to your statistics over the course of their duration. As such, it often is a good idea to cast them when you expect to receive an Intellect or a Haste buff".

I was discussing the value of the new darkmoon card trinket (Intel + intel proc) and its effects on fire ele dps in the early teirs of mop when he mentioned he didnt think it still took the "snapshot" of stats on cast. anyone able to weigh in on this?

Since 5.0.4 no pets should use the snapshot stats mechanic (including Fire Elemental)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Since 5.0.4 no pets should use the snapshot stats mechanic (including Fire Elemental)
    thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Up through 4.3, the FET took a snapshot of your stats when summoned. This is no longer the case as of 5.0.4. It adjusts stats dynamically as your stats change (well, 0.5-1s behind depending on latency and the check rate, but close enough).

EJ's guide is only current for 4.3, which you can probably guess if you read the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    EJ's guide is only current for 4.3, which you can probably guess if you read the thread title.
    Well aware, but I couldn't find notes anywhere on changes to the fire elemental, So I wasn't sure.

Deleted
    What about wolves , ST?

I suspect they still take a snap shot dont they?

Pets stats change diuring combat together with yours so poping Hero or Elemental mastery or any pot when you elemental is already sumoned will change stats of you elemental

BUT it wont work on DoTs like FS for example so pop all you CD befour casting FS or any other DoT or HoT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    What about wolves , ST?

I suspect they still take a snap shot dont they?
    Searing Totem doesn't scale with Haste at all. They said its something they would consider changing if they needed to buff Shaman, but at the moment it doesn't scale with Haste.