15+ Year Old Account

Do you like Slender? Then vote for this Source remake!

Hey all,

So first off, just to make it clear, I'm talking about the free game Slender, not the actual Slenderman character and his many stories.

So, if you've played the game and enjoyed it, well someone has been making a remake of it using the Source Engine, and needs your votes on Steam Greenlight to get it on Steam!

The game is called Faceless and will be free (it had to change names a few times due to copyright issues, Slender: Source apparently wasn't allowed).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...473&searchtext

The first 2 videos of it are pretty useless and don't really show much, the 3rd clip shows how it looks and how Slenderman looks in this Source remake.

Also there is more info about the remake on the linked page, like more environments and coop play.

So yeah, if you'd like to see it on Steam, make sure to go vote for it!

Also feel free to discuss this game here!

(If this topic is somehow against the rules my apologies, I understand this is pretty much "promoting" which is considered against the rules but really my intention is to get the game on Steam so people can play it and also people are free to discuss their opinions of this game here too of course).
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-17 at 11:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Steam greenlight is a joke tbh. Also, why does it need to be remade? The original was fine enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Apparently this one will have 4 player co-op and some new maps.
    eh. I guess. I think that fad is dead though. IDK. Maybe I'm too cynical.

15+ Year Old Account
    PewdiePie (god I hate that guy) will probably play this game when/if it comes out and there'll be another gigantic fad!
    well. you cant stop people from gravitating to piss poor youtube content and shitty games. You just have to wait for them to grow up a few years and then you can deal with them in an adult manner.

The Source engine isn't very useful by today's standards, for making anything other than generic shooters, a game that makes good use of physics, or a physics/sandbox game (Gmod). I don't know much about this slenderman thing, but I really don't see any reason why the game would need to be redone with Source
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

I would def play it, I think it could be hilarious playing a game like this co-op.

But the game stops being fun once it stops being scary, and it stops being scary after you've played it a few times. I don't see why they're doing this.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm normally no fan of "scary" games so when some mates dared me to play it streaming it at 4am in pitch dark room I was kinda nervous, but after the first time Slenderman gets you I was pretty much "meh, this isn't really that scary to be honest...". However it's still kinda fun, and I can imagine coop being hilarious if played with friends, that and new maps are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Steam greenlight is a joke tbh. Also, why does it need to be remade? The original was fine enough.
    What's wrong with Steam Greenlight (other than kiddies adding Battlefield 3 to it multiple times a day)? Kind of good initiative I think, to get games that the people want on Steam, on Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently this one will have 4 player co-op and some new maps. Combine that with Skype and you'll have some hilarious moments.
    Adding co-op removes the scary part, there isn't really a point to it then.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Yeah I'm normally no fan of "scary" games so when some mates dared me to play it streaming it at 4am in pitch dark room I was kinda nervous, but after the first time Slenderman gets you I was pretty much "meh, this isn't really that scary to be honest...". However it's still kinda fun, and I can imagine coop being hilarious if played with friends, that and new maps are welcome.

What's wrong with Steam Greenlight (other than kiddies adding Battlefield 3 to it multiple times a day)? Kind of good initiative I think, to get games that the people want on Steam, on Steam.
    There's downvote, if you don't like a game, then just ignore it and move on.
    There's no demo on the games on Greenlight, people will just go "OMG MINECRAFT CLONE DOWNVOTE!" "OMG XX CLONE DOWNVOTE" "THIS GAME HAS SHOOTING SO IT MUST BE RIPPING OFF CALL OF DUTY"
    There's no goal to reach a successful greenlight.

The list goes on, Steam Greenlight really is in it's beta stage.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-09-18 at 03:41 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Adding co-op removes the scary part, there isn't really a point to it then.
    I can see co-op being useful for a scare factor. You know, group of four friends wander out in the woods with a killer lurking. You hear the shrieks of one friend pulled off and killed somewhere behind you... who's next?

Something along the lines of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I can see co-op being useful for a scare factor. You know, group of four friends wander out in the woods with a killer lurking. You hear the shrieks of one friend pulled off and killed somewhere behind you... who's next?

That's not how co-op works, if you get pulled off and die then they're going to tell over the microphone/chat, you've probably already seen how L4D co-op works.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post

This is a highly romanticized version of what the experience really is.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    That's not how co-op works, if you get pulled off and die then they're going to tell over the microphone/chat, you've probably already seen how L4D co-op works.
    Well, assuming they use what comes with the game, they can't use microphone/chat to warn each other. If they're using skype they can, but if they're using the in-game mic chat, then how loud you are to everyone is based on how close you are to them, not to mention you start in different parts of the map. Though you're right, people will break it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    well. you cant stop people from gravitating to piss poor youtube content and shitty games. You just have to wait for them to grow up a few years and then you can deal with them in an adult manner.
    I prefer just using eugenics, but your method works too. I guess.

I've never really understood the fad with let's plays anyway. I've watched a couple of them for games on consoles which I will never buy or rent, but it's really hard to find someone that isn't a complete sack of crap doing them. It seems like they always either stay silent the entire time (which is fine) or try to be "funny" and horrifically over-act to try and get people to like them (see: every single Amnesia LP ever.)

I dunno. I played Slender and didn't find it especially interesting. It's like they were trying to generate the Amnesia effect and missed the whole bit about "the less you see of the monsters the more scary they become." Reminds me of movies trying to copy Paranormal Activity after the first PA movie made like a two billion percent profit.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow