FPS throttling during cut-scenes?

I run the game at a steady 60fps at all times with v-sync on, except for some reason, during cut-scenes and on the character select screen, my fps throttles to 50fps despite the fact my GPU is well under 100% load. There is obviously some kind of client-side setting preventing it from running at 60fps during these scenarios. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?
    Last edited by gg1161; 2012-09-18 at 07:33 AM. Reason: updated problem
    Desktop: i5-6600K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Z170m Extreme4 | Corsair H100i V2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro | 500GB Samsung EVO M.2 | EVGA Supernova G2 650w | Corsair 350D | Asus MG278q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder
    ---
    Laptop: i7-4700MQ | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GT 755m SLI | 1TB HD | 128GB SSD

... why the hell does that even matter? OW NOEZ! 10 FPS LESS DURING SCENES! CALL THE POLICE >_>

sorry, worded it wrong:

Why would you even bother.. seriously, it's a cutscene, FPS doesn't even matter at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    ... why the hell does that even matter? OW NOEZ! 10 FPS LESS DURING SCENES! CALL THE POLICE >_>

sorry, worded it wrong:

Why would you even bother.. seriously, it's a cutscene, FPS doesn't even matter at that moment.
    Why even bother to post in the thread if you aren't going to produce a worthwhile response?
    Last edited by gg1161; 2012-09-18 at 07:29 AM.
    Desktop: i5-6600K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Z170m Extreme4 | Corsair H100i V2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro | 500GB Samsung EVO M.2 | EVGA Supernova G2 650w | Corsair 350D | Asus MG278q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder
    ---

Seriously, what is the issue with 50 fps in cutscenes? They will still be fluid and you will really not notice any advantage with 10 fps more.

If it wasn't noticeable I wouldn't be worried about it. Just because you don't seek the best possible performance in your gaming experience doesn't mean others don't as well. It's like riding a bike with two flat tires, you know it could be a lot smoother if you just fixed the problem.
    ---

/headdesk

I give up. the difference between 50 and 60 is barely noticable in the cutscenes anyway. Also, if you use fraps or anything to check the FPS on the scenes (since GW2 has no inbuilt FPS meter except the options menu), try turning that off, fraps seems to slow down the game during the cutscenes ><

Honestly, we could go back and forth about how noticeable the differences between frame rates are all night. This is clearly a matter of personal preference and I understand your point of view, however, I would prefer that my thread not be shitted up by your opinion of what an enjoyable gaming experience is rather than actual help with my problem.

In response to the Fraps thing, I use MSI Afterburner to monitor frame rates, GPU usage, and temperature. As far as I can tell, I have yet to ever experience a real hit in performance from using Afterburner.

At one point last night after messing with some settings the game began playing cut scenes at the appropriate frame rate, but whenever I restarted the client it was back to square one. It's just very frustrating to know that my system is completely capable of running at 60fps yet not being able to enjoy it for whatever reason.
    Last edited by gg1161; 2012-09-18 at 09:04 AM. Reason: spelling
    ---

Deleted
    I hope you can understand that no one actually cares about this in general. You are simply whining about a 10 FPS drop, hardly noticable so they think you're either a:

1. troll
    2. bragger

I think you need to explain better WHY you're so upset about this...

I don't have a reason to brag. My settings aren't maxed, my system is far from being brag-worthy. I have no reason to troll forums in my spare time.

I'm simply looking for an explanation of why i'm having a decrease in performance for no apparent reason, and i'm sure i'm not the only person in the world wondering about this.
    ---

Deleted
    Seriously, if people aren't interested in helping the OP, why are you even here?

On topic, sadly I have no idea what could cause this. Does it happen on all cutscenes? All characters? Have you posted about this on the official forum?

Yeah it happens on all character select screens, in-game cinematics, and even when it goes to the scenes of 2 characters talking with a backdrop and text in story-line quests. And like I said in one of my earlier posts, last night it worked right for a good 30 minutes without even really stressing my GPU until I restarted the client. That's what really confuses me.

I haven't checked out the official forums yet, but I suppose that's my next step.
    ---

really strange that it only happens on those select few screens. You would imagine it wouldn't even bother there. Maybe there is some FPS throttling going on there?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm his loss of FPS. Older is the CPU, more evident is the anomaly. Caused by the mathematical calculation your have to do having way more polygons and "things on screen". Something (i guess) will be improved. After all, if the machine handle 60 fps in game, this problem can be fixed to give better performance.

People not willing to help should NOT even post... seriously - begone!

And how does your post help exactly? Why are you even here?

What Lucas says makes sense, although it's still weierd they decide to throttle fps back at the least intensive locations. I assume this is a bug that will get fixed. (essp since it did work for X time before stopping to work)

I am not sure on the FPS but my vistas are very jumpy. Have no problems in game (40 odd FPS) but the vistas are unpleasant to watch. I have 2 monitors and remember seeing a post somewhere about 2 monitors and the vistas being a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I have noticed a "judder" on most cut scenes, especially vistas.. res of the game is super smooth at 60fps... not sure why either, I've tried dropping the settings a tad and still get the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Seriously, if people aren't interested in helping the OP, why are you even here?

On topic, sadly I have no idea what could cause this. Does it happen on all cutscenes? All characters? Have you posted about this on the official forum?
    Mostly becouse its not really a problem, 10fps loss in a cutscene, isnt something you are going to notice, and dont really effect game play in any way. and even if there was some fix, you would notice diffrence just as much as typing 60fps on a post-it and put over fps counter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Mostly becouse its not really a problem, 10fps loss in a cutscene, isnt something you are going to notice, and dont really effect game play in any way. and even if there was some fix, you would notice diffrence just as much as typing 60fps on a post-it and put over fps counter.
    And why does it matter to you that he wants to know why? What do you lose out of him knowing?

Seriously...

Maybe it's intentional to save power?