Deleted

Brand new PZ68 USB port issue

Hiya,
    a couple months ago I bought a PZ68 ASUS mobo for a AMD -> intel switch and after overcoming some initial problems with memory compatibility, BSoDs and BIOS updates, I finally got the rig working. However when windows loads fully, the USB ports fail to work and since there are no mouse and keyboard ports aside from USB I can't seem to attempt fix the issue at all with Command Prompt.
    During BIOS and system recovery, the mouse and keyboard work when plugged into the USB ports and the issue clearly is a BIOS issue but I have checked my settings to make sure USB is enabled on startup so I'm at a loss.

The only changes I have made to fix issues so far are changing from AHCI to IDE as it was causing issues when loading windows from the HD (I don't know much about the two modes so if there might be some issues the IDE mode that I need to look out for, I'd be thankful for some information).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by incarcerated View Post
    Hiya,
    a couple months ago I bought a PZ68 ASUS mobo for a AMD -> intel switch and after overcoming some initial problems with memory compatibility, BSoDs and BIOS updates, I finally got the rig working. However when windows loads fully, the USB ports fail to work and since there are no mouse and keyboard ports aside from USB I can't seem to attempt fix the issue at all with Command Prompt.
    During BIOS and system recovery, the mouse and keyboard work when plugged into the USB ports and the issue clearly is a BIOS issue but I have checked my settings to make sure USB is enabled on startup so I'm at a loss.

The only changes I have made to fix issues so far are changing from AHCI to IDE as it was causing issues when loading windows from the HD (I don't know much about the two modes so if there might be some issues the IDE mode that I need to look out for, I'd be thankful for some information).

Any help would be much appreciated.
    If you are using the blue USB 3.0 ports you will need to install drivers before they will work in Windows. Try using the USB 2.0 ports.

Also, did you replace the board without doing a clean Windows install? That could explain your boot issues and possibly your USB issues if none of them work.
    Last edited by Perderder; 2012-09-18 at 02:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perderder View Post
    If you are using the blue USB 3.0 ports you will need to install drivers before they will work in Windows. Try using the USB 2.0 ports.

Also, did you replace the board without doing a clean Windows install? That could explain your boot issues and possibly your USB issues if none of them work.
    Ah. Now there's a problem... my win7 is cracked so this might be somewhat of an issue. I was unaware that the windows install is tied to the mobo as well. As for the USB ports, I have tried the front ports and every single back port. No use. So if you are sure that re-installing win7 could fix it then I guess I'll have to have a look into getting a CD.

You can download Windows 8 Preview and use it for free. Talking about cracked/illegal versions of Windows is prohibited on this forum I believe.