10+ Year Old Account

wow not patching on mac.

So prior to this patch (5.04) i was playing just fine on my mac os 10.5 then blizz made 10.5 incompatable wth wow.

That was cool so i went to the apple store to get an updated cd... turns out they dont have the disc anymore, they referred me to a mac repair shop that should have it went there and no they didn't have it either...

so i had to call apple and order the 10.6 dvd ... a week later it arrived and I installed it just fine but now my wow isnt installing the 5.04 patch its trying to download a new game for some reason. Should I update to 10.8(most current os) or can someone help me see how to get wow to update
    Last edited by Tarthlock; 2012-09-18 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the comp forums. Will get more help here.

And yes future posters, if you reply 'don't play on a mac' you will be infracted. =]

Apparently you need 10.7.4+ to play now: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6246996783

People are saying 10.6+ should work though.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-09-18 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah. thanks didnt know which one to post my thread in

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably recommend getting 10.8 if your system can handle it regardless, because you'll just run into this same problem sooner or later again. Also, it seems silly to purchase something that is already out of date, when for almost the same price, you can get the newest.

I'd say upgrading from a 5 year old OS to a 3 year old OS seems like a poor choice... But I'm still running WinXP >.>

I will say this (and this is not a bash on mac, more an observation), Apple seems to be lagging way behind when it comes to drivers and updates, and OSX is more prone to be nudged out of the compatibility range. I'm not saying you need to switch to Windows, however as a gamer, it's sort of a necessity to keep more up to date on the software releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'd probably recommend getting 10.8 if your system can handle it regardless, because you'll just run into this same problem sooner or later again. Also, it seems silly to purchase something that is already out of date, when for almost the same price, you can get the newest.

I'd say upgrading from a 5 year old OS to a 3 year old OS seems like a poor choice... But I'm still running WinXP >.>

I will say this (and this is not a bash on mac, more an observation), Apple seems to be lagging way behind when it comes to drivers and updates, and OSX is more prone to be nudged out of the compatibility range. I'm not saying you need to switch to Windows, however as a gamer, it's sort of a necessity to keep more up to date on the software releases.
    yea it is pretty sucky but the way apple handled this os update is they let you download the 10.7+ from the app store...

the problem with that is 10.5 doesn't have an app store so in order to get to the updated os i had to get the 10.6 upgrade. They made it real easy for me to fork out my dough

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that you mention that, I remember that being an issue before with one of my friends who recently picked up Diablo 3 and having the same problem of needing to upgrade her OS twice. I guess that's how it goes.