Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    Stewart is very comfortable when he is tossing barbs at a target that doesn't fight back.
    Jim Cramer is the perfect interview to support your statement. Jim was not only out of his zone, he was so wishy-washy and finger pointing that it seemed to only make Stewart angrier.

Still I love watching Stewarts interviews as he mixes in comedic questions and serious questions very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm not an American so I'm not too familiar with the two, but I've seen a couple of their shows.

I don't know how intelligent Jon Stewart is, but Bill O'Reilly is a moron. You can't reason with him, and that's reason enough to call him a moron.
    I don't think he's a moron (most of the time anyway). He's just mostly a bully and a demagogue.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    It appeals to 3rd grade level intelligence.
    Thats why he is on the comedy channel and not a real news station. He does a very good job much like oreily does, knows his demograph and caters to them perfectly.

Oreily turned into a liberal when obama took office, he always goes with the flow. He used to ask tough questions.

It's amazing how many libs(American version...) judge an entire person based on the narrow vision of video links from other libs. Not that you would agree with him anyway if you watched the entirety of his show, but maybe your view would be less skewed. Anyone who can dedicate so much of their life to helping children who are sexually abused/raped, push for laws to protect them such as Jessica's law, and raise and donate money for charities such as the wounded warrior project just isn't a moron or a bad person. So what if you disagree with his political opinion or his show's format, does that even really matter with all the good he does?

Oh god, this'll be an easy match. Stewart pretty much all the way. Not because O'Reilly is conservative and he can and has brought up an interesting topic or two but because Stewart pretty much rapes any and all who he goes after.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    I know people hate O Reilly out of bias against anything fox,
    Bias against blatant lies, you mean?

This false equivalency people like to pretend exists in nonsense. Yes, MSNBC is a strongly left-leaning network. Fox is still much, much worse because of the frequency and intensity of their dishonesty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Jon Stewart is much smarter and more well informed. Bill O'Reilly is too biased to have a chance.
    Agree 100 %

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear, if O'Reilly interrupts Stewart once I am...going to be upset. Can't really do anything to get him to stop, but by golly I'll let people know!

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    IQ tests are garbage. They have no method for measuring equally important concepts such as emotional intelligence. If you base human intelligence on how closely a person resembles Commander Data, then you give IQ tests much more weight than I do. He's a moron. The truth lies in his inability to overcome his own bias. He is unable, or unwilling to admit obvious truth. There is little difference between a Republican and Democrat in Washington. Both are short-sighted, big-spending aberrations. When the rallying cry of your party is a social issue that's already been decided by the Supreme Court decades ago, it doesn't say much about the intelligence of your followers. Republicans are no better with their absurd amounts of military welfare. They're two sides of the same coin, and Stewart, high IQ or not, is a clueless twat for not realizing it.
    I would love to post one of those 'can't tell if serious' meme pics here but it would get me banned...

But seriously? You seriously think that IQ tests have no value? What would you use then? IQ tests aren't knowledge tests as you seem to believe they are...There is a difference.

I am just completely blown away by this post.

"Tide comes in, tide goes out....you can't explain that."
    -Bill O'Reilly

I laughed so hard when I heard him say this.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I wouldn't underestimate Bill O'Reilly.
    If he wasn't smart he wouldn't be making a ton of money.
    He may twist facts of truth into lies and deceit, but it takes brains.
    You don't need brains to realize that most people are brain dead and idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I swear, if O'Reilly interrupts Stewart once I am...going to be upset. Can't really do anything to get him to stop, but by golly I'll let people know!
    you should write a stern letter to the Times

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Thats why he is on the comedy channel and not a real news station. He does a very good job much like oreily does, knows his demograph and caters to them perfectly.

Oreily turned into a liberal when obama took office, he always goes with the flow. He used to ask tough questions.
    Stewart IS pathetic! He just sit there and makes strange odd noises, its like hes constantly uncomfortable being the extremist liberal he is, hes always squirming around like a 3rd grader who has to go poo, but the teacher hold him to hold it. He just looks annoyed and disturbed, I seriously think he should see a shrink and get his head checked for issues.

Yeah I can't ever really watch show, I've tried and the odd sounds he make, and his shtick of relying on sarcasm just annoys me. So I will be honest I've never watched an whole episode of his show (hence I didn't even know how long his show was)

One segment I saw was he interviewed this economist and he got caught spreading lies, he just threw his hand up like a silly clown and used his ESCAPE card.... OH I'm just a silly comedian on a comedy show.... EXIT STAGE RIGHT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    you should write a stern letter to the Times
    Fantabulous idea! It shall be so scathing, it will give them paper cuts!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even American but i seriously dislike O'Reilly, he comes across has a petulant, egomaniac, self-righteous imbecile

this is a perfect example of what i mean, the man is absolutely discussing.

“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    What if, hypothetically, Stewart interrupts O'reilly?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is gonna be a awesome debate , i like both guys, Jon Stewart for entertainment value's and O'reilly for No Spin Value. Imo Bill will win hands down.

Romney/Ryan 2012
    Last edited by asphyx5; 2012-09-19 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryshammy View Post
    last time I heard Jon Stewart was a member of MENSA... when did they start letting morons in?
    IQ based societies are pointless for everything except reassuring fellow members that it matters. Anyone smart enough to be in MENSA should have realized by now that IQ tests are faulty in more ways than one. IQ tests are built on the premise that there is one type of intelligence. This idea itself can and has been argued.

IQ tests do not evaluate emotional intelligence (ability to read emotional cues and understand your own emotions). They do not evaluate one's ability to adapt. IQ tests are hardly a good measure for whether or not someone is smart or moronic.

Implying that Jon Stewart's membership in a high IQ society somehow gives him immunity from being an idiot is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    IQ based societies are pointless for everything except reassuring fellow members that it matters. Anyone smart enough to be in MENSA should have realized by now that IQ tests are faulty in more ways than one. IQ tests are built on the premise that there is one type of intelligence. This idea itself can and has been argued.

IQ tests do not evaluate emotional intelligence (ability to read emotional cues and understand your own emotions). They do not evaluate one's ability to adapt. IQ tests are hardly a good measure for whether or not someone is smart or moronic.

Implying that Jon Stewart's membership in a high IQ society somehow gives him immunity from being an idiot is silly.
    No, IQ tests are a great measure of whether someone's a moron or not. They evaluate logical thinking, and the best of them are made in such a way that people from any background and any country would be equally predisposed. When someone fails at thinking logically, they'll do it across the board; adapting, social behaviour, education, etc. And it's not hard to see when someone fails at thinking logically. O'reilly does. He's a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    No, IQ tests are a great measure of whether someone's a moron or not. They evaluate logical thinking, and the best of them are made in such a way that people from any background and any country would be equally predisposed. When someone fails at thinking logically, they'll do it across the board; adapting, social behaviour, education, etc. And it's not hard to see when someone fails at thinking logically. O'reilly does. He's a moron.
    I never disagreed that O'Reilly is a moron. He is one, and his show is amusing because of that. However, I still do not think that IQ tests are a great indicator of intelligence. They are a great indicator of reasoning ability, but reasoning is only one facet of intelligence. IQ tests do not test for adaptability, the ability to plan, or the ability to communicate, among others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?