Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No pvp till Next year?

I really want my 60 bucks back at this point.
    pve is NOT FUN!

I will never buy another blizz game I swear this.
    I'm getting to old for games any ways ,maybe this is a good thing
    I sensed a great disturbance. As if a thousand nerds just cried out at once and then were silenced.

Sounds like constipation to me....

Deleted
    Why buy a game that doesn't have the content you want yet? The smart thing to do, was to wait until the pvp patch is officially announced. The original game will be cheaper by then anyway. When you buy diablo, you know what to expect. Not being satisfied with it, is you own damn stupid dumb fault.

Deleted
    Let me get this right. You want refund because the content they don't have to add is being released next year? I'm glad you decided not to buy any more Blizzard games and I hope you stop visiting Blizzard-related forums as well. -1 stupid whine posts for us.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo has never been exactly a PVP game as in the past It's more of a side thing then anything nor have they will ever balance it around it according to an interview

So of course It's low priority

If this is your first Diablo game despite the many changes to the past series then I have no clue what to tell you if you only came to play this game for PVP then you should do more research on a game before choosing it because quite frankly that is possibly one of the worse things you can do

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Versastyles View Post
    like what? 15?

sorry, but that's the age I'd guess from that post. As said before, it was announced, that it won't be in the release version. Buying it anyways and then complaining, that it's not there yet is ... well ... stupid. Just that.

And I bet you have already ordered MoP for wow and you are looking forward to titan. So much for the other argument.

Wow. Look at the fans come out.

How anyone can defend this aspect of the game blows my mind. D3 is a decent enough game as a whole, but this is one thing that EVERYONE should be pissed as hell about.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverspark View Post
    Why buy a game that doesn't have the content you want yet? The smart thing to do, was to wait until the pvp patch is officially announced. The original game will be cheaper by then anyway. When you buy diablo, you know what to expect. Not being satisfied with it, is you own damn stupid dumb fault.
    Of all of you guys, this one is the best. Not only have you decided that Blizzard is not at fault for rushing a half complete project out to market - you actually think it's the customer's fault! This blows my mind.

You say that we should have known what to expect. I'm sorry, but what I expected was a Blizzard class game. A game that lived up to a stellar reputation given to a company that had worked hard to cultivate it across years of putting out high quality product. I expected Blizzard to follow through on their promise to never release something that wasn't ready.

That's what I expected. What I got was ¾ of a game.

Yet somehow, that’s our fault – the customer’s. Not the company’s. Telling someone "you should have waited" is idiocy beyond comprehension. He should have waited? While all his friends bought the game, played it, got tired of it and left, he should have waited? While the challenge of the game was slowly sucked from it, he should have waited? While farming options were ripped, one by one, from the game until the only way left to play was Blizzard's way, he should have waited? This is bullshit. What SHOULD have happened is Blizzard SHOULD have released a game. Not a work in progress.

This kind of nonsense doesn't fly in any other asopect of the gaming or real world. People need to tell Blizzard that rushing an unfinished product out the door is unacceptable.

Do you see theaters making a constant trickle of script and actor changes to a four month old movie? What if the AC in your new car didn't function until half a year after you bought it because it "wasn't ready at launch"? Would you be okay with that? At exactly what point did you become complacent with a company releasing a product that only half worked? I expect shit I buy to be DONE DONE. Not a freaking work in progress.

D3 is not WoW. You people are giving this game a bye because you're used to patch after patch after patch. I can understand WoW's constant patching/changes/fixes. You add content, you add problems. New loot, new bosses, new skills, new areas - new issues. No D3 content has been added. Everything is exactly the same as when they were developing the game. So why didn't the game at launch play like it does now? They had YEARS to get it right and didn't even come close.

D3 is an okay game. I got it for free off the Annual Pass, but it would have been worth the purchase price. I am, however, frustrated with the fact that I got 75% of a game from a developer who promises (and regularly lives up to) giving 110%.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-18 at 04:13 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Versastyles View Post
    I really want my 60 bucks back at this point.
    pve is NOT FUN!

Can I ask how many hours have you played?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Can I ask how many hours have you played?
    Loaded question. Either he played enough that you think he should have gotten his money's worth, or he didn't play enough to give the game a fighting chance, amirite?

Either way there's no right answer.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

In all fairness they did say initially it was due shortly after release. Due to constant nerfs to talents and gear they now say 2013 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Loaded question. Either he played enough that you think he should have gotten his money's worth, or he didn't play enough to give the game a fighting chance, amirite?

Either way there's no right answer.
    It's such a huge fucking trap though, I'm glad somebody else sees this tactic for what it is. I mean I can't give the game a decent opinion unless I've played it a certain amount but if I've played it that amount well then I got my monies worth right and I should shut up and not complain.

As for pvp do you really honestly expect it will be any good to begin with? In a game where gear is a huge factor in how strong your guy is and that same gear can be bought for money what do you expect out of it? PVP was never all that big in diablo and they have bigger fish to fry. If we get it in early 2013 well I would be shocked.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 06:26 PM ----------

Wow. Look at the fans come out.

How anyone can defend this aspect of the game blows my mind. D3 is a decent enough game as a whole, but this is one thing that EVERYONE should be pissed as hell about.

Of all of you guys, this one is the best. Not only have you decided that Blizzard is not at fault for rushing a half complete project out to market - you actually think it's the customer's fault! This blows my mind.
    It really is mind blowing but it's not that big of a surprise. I'll quote the roman historian Tacitus "crime once revealed has no shelter but in audacity". Blizzard can't do anything wrong even when they do something wrong. People would now rather turn on one and other rather than admit hey maybe blizzard isn't doing as good a job no this as it could. It's remarkable to see it happens. This really isn't about bashign Blizzard either, it's simply an observation that no matter what they do good or bad they have partisans who will admit to nothing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You say that we should have known what to expect. I'm sorry, but what I expected was a Blizzard class game. A game that lived up to a stellar reputation given to a company that had worked hard to cultivate it across years of putting out high quality product. I expected Blizzard to follow through on their promise to never release something that wasn't ready.

That's what I expected. What I got was ¾ of a game.
    Actually, Blizzard did not advertise Diablo 3 to be their newest DOTA/MOBA offering. Why you could expect to be disappointed that Diablo 3, a long anticipated sequel to Diablo 2 (which was also not a MOBA) is your ridiculousness. Just because you have a personal crusade against game companies (believe me, I've seen your other posts) doesn't mean that anything you say is right.

Just because they said they wanted a feature that didn't make it in the game, doesn't somehow drastically alter what the game was intended to be.

If instead of killing legions of demons for gear, we only had EBAY: The MMO, then you could be angry. Oh wait...that is kinda what we initially got. Too bad it's not what you are arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If instead of killing legions of demons for gear, we only had EBAY: The MMO, then you could be angry. Oh wait...that is kinda what we initially got. Too bad it's not what you are arguing.
    It is possible to be upset for both reasons. PVP isn't a big gripe with me but this game is suffering 1000 cuts....

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all the bitching about PvP in Diablo. Im sure most of these people have never PvPed in D2 because if they did they would realize its not going to be like other games. PvP will be heavily unbalanced, there are no queues or bg's or anything like that. It will simply be log into a game flag and hope the other guy doesn't severally out gear you.

I guarantee that once PvP is released we will see a huge flood of whiny posts about how unbalanced PvP is. Word of advice, your better off without it if you think PvP is going to make this game better.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post

I guarantee that once PvP is released we will see a huge flood of whiny posts about how unbalanced PvP is.
    Well yea in a game where gear is the primary factor for how well you do and said gear can be bought for actual money do you expect anything less? I mean even if that weren't the case the simple fact is that they're under the gun to get stuff out to retain people. It will be unbalanced because like all things software these days it won't get the time and attention it deserves and they basically said it's for fun anyway not to be hardcore or competitive esport stuff. It will be unbalanced no doubt and people will rightfully complain if the imbalance is to gross. Gross enough to rob the fun aspect of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Well yea in a game where gear is the primary factor for how well you do and said gear can be bought for actual money do you expect anything less? I mean even if that weren't the case the simple fact is that they're under the gun to get stuff out to retain people. It will be unbalanced because like all things software these days it won't get the time and attention it deserves and they basically said it's for fun anyway not to be hardcore or competitive esport stuff. It will be unbalanced no doubt and people will rightfully complain if the imbalance is to gross. Gross enough to rob the fun aspect of it.
    So if everyone is on the same page that its not going to be balanced, will not be hardcore or competitive, and will just be for fun, then why is everyone drooling for it as if its the second coming of Christ? Ill tell you why, because most of these people are not on the same page. Just watch as everyone's false hopes and dreams plummet into the sea of tears when PvP comes out, half these people dont know what Diablo PvP is, they are expecting WoW PvP guaranteed and will be livid once they see what they waited for.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    So if everyone is on the same page that its not going to be balanced, will not be hardcore or competitive, and will just be for fun, then why is everyone drooling for it as if its the second coming of Christ?
    Because they're bored with the game and haven't quite come to the stark realization that many of us had months ago.

Why you could expect to be disappointed that Diablo 3, a long anticipated sequel to Diablo 2 (which was also not a MOBA) is your ridiculousness.
    I'm sorry. Can someone please translate this? I have no idea what he's trying to say.

Just because you have a personal crusade against game companies (believe me, I've seen your other posts) doesn't mean that anything you say is right.
    Yeah. See, the problem is that you're completely wrong. Never on these forums have I even spoken about any game company besides Blizzard. So I'm not sure how you can say I have a crusade against gaming companies. And I am always very clear to point out that my complaints are with decisions Blizzard makes, never the company as a whole. In fact, I go to bat for them almost as often as I point out their failings. I'm the only one around here you see telling people that the D3 economy is fine and to STFU about it already.

In the very post you quoted, I said several times and in several ways that D3 was a fine game. I also pointed out that my main disapointment is not getting the 110% that Blizzard has so often given us.

Sorry to burst that bubble, but if you're going to try and slander a person, you're going to have to do better than that. This attempt was pretty pathetic.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-18 at 07:45 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry. Can someone please translate this? I have no idea what he's trying to say.

Yeah. See, the problem is that you're completely wrong. Never on these forums have I even spoken about any game company besides Blizzard.
    1) If you can't understand English, I can't help you.
    2) I'm sorry I wasn't more specific to say "Blizzard", because that's what I meant. On top of that, you don't need to go on a rant about being slandered. This isn't a court of law and I had no intentions of defaming you.

With that being said, the only thing I can surmise is that your avatar triggered post memories of someone else. I don't pay attention to the names, especially with big flashy colors in my face. I was never good at Memory either. That's my honest mistake, I'm sorry.

Apparently there is someone else with a giant red and white avatar who hates Blizzard and is not you.

1) If you can't understand English, I can't help you.
    In all fairness that was barely English.