How do much to sell items for in the AH?

I am just starting Hell and up until now have been selling all of my rares on the AH.

Starting Hell, i was very undergeared, so i bought all new gear, spending about 150k

Up until this point i have been simply putting the buyout price for my rares as 10x the vendor price, so between 2 and 5k.

Seeing all the gear i bought, i think i may have been seriously under cutting myself.

Does anyone have any tips on how to figure out how much an item is worth, short of keying in specific details of the item, every item, every time?

you just have to learn, back when I was doing hell I had no idea, now I know prices for almost every drop I get, its just something you pick up after trading a lot
    게임 은 어렵~~

you didn't undercut yourself, you just over payed for the items you bought. Buying gear whilst leveling you can pick up great upgrades for 5k a peice

Deleted
    I usually sell for 75% of the lowest similar offer.. unless the item costs more than 5 million.

With the average cheap items it's best to sell them as I get enough to keep at least 10 items up all the time.

I used to sell just 1% below the lowest competitor. Be the cheapest while still the best and you get rid of your stuff.

I wouldnt worry too much about maximising profits up until you are farming inferno items. You might lose a few thousand here and there now, but if the items are selling and you have enough to buy some cheap upgrades you are doing ok.

Try to buy really cheap upgrades though if you need them because once you hit 60 you will want to have some gold left to buy nice level 60 items

Edit: Thought Id add that when you hit 60 you will learn pretty quickly which items are worth selling and which should be vendored/salvaged. At that point it becomes worth having a quick search to see how much competing items are selling for then undercutting.

I've levelled quite a few HC/SC chars and rarely pay more than 5k per piece before level 60, unless I'm buying a set/legendary

Good weapons ~25k max
    Legendaries ~50k max

Paying anything more for an item that is only going to last a few hours before you outlevel it is crazy