Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up gw2vistas.com Open Beta is almost over!

Hey everyone,

I've been working on a project of mine for a while now and I think it is ready to go into open beta.

Basicly it's a huge interactive map from guild wars 2 with all vista's located on it (I am currently adding more and more vista's). The concept is easy; You locate a vista on the map, Click on the vista icon and watch the youtube video that pops up on top of the map.

link : www.gw2vistas.com

You can leave suggestions here or contact me at contact@gw2vistas.com

A suggestion for adding jumping puzzles has already been given, and WILL be implemented after all the vista's are done!

For bug reports ALWAYS use contact@gw2vistas.com

Incluce :

- Date and Time of the bug
    - Describe the bug (with screenshot if possible)
    - Can you reproduce the bug? If so, how?
    - Browser you were using (version aswell if possible)
    - Operating system you were using

Also!

My IGN : Dalosaurus
    Server : Gunnar's Hold [EU]

I wouldn't mind people help me out completing zones so I can record them faster. Currently completing each zone is what takes me so long to release more vista's, so any help would be appreciated.

Small in-game donnations are also welcome, since I travel A LOT to record all the vista's I'm actually starting to run out of money (I travel around 3-4 times per vista, to get the video spot on, so do the math )

Thanks upfront!
    Last edited by mmoccd637925f1; 2012-10-01 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added suggestion

This is awesome, thanks a lot for the work you put there! It would be nice if you include Jumping puzzles too after you complete with the Vistas
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    This is awesome, thanks a lot for the work you put there! It would be nice if you include Jumping puzzles too after you complete with the Vistas
    That's actually a great suggestion! And thanks for the good feedback. Recording all the vista's takes it's time, but I expect to be finished in around 5-10 days, depending on how busy my days are

very neat work, good job As Papajohn mentioned, ALL jumping puzzles would be fantastic, but ofcourse we appreciate that would take you a while to do :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You have allot of time on your hands
    looks solid and easy to use too, good job
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    You have allot of time on your hands
    looks solid and easy to use too, good job
    College only starts again next week, so yeah... A nerd gets bored if he's got nothing to code I guess ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it’s helpful, but I want to experience it on my own So sadly I cannot help you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I guess it’s helpful, but I want to experience it on my own So sadly I cannot help you.
    I completely understand you, it's the same for myself, the first time I love to figure it all out by myself, but a second or third time I guess I would just want to get it over with asap. Also there are vista's people actually don't manage to find and asking help in chat is usually confusing since 10 people tell you 10 different things, Hence this website.

Everyone plays in it's own way of course

finally - exactly what was missing - usually i use gw2cartographer to find the last POI, but there have been some vistas i couldnt find the way to and there was no way of finding a video on that website...i had to go directly to google and hope to find the vista as a video with the name of the closest POI, which could take a few minutes...wasted time D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    finally - exactly what was missing - usually i use gw2cartographer to find the last POI, but there have been some vistas i couldnt find the way to and there was no way of finding a video on that website...i had to go directly to google and hope to find the vista as a video with the name of the closest POI, which could take a few minutes...wasted time D:
    Thanks a lot for the great feedback, the feedback alone already makes up for the time and effort I put into it

Deleted
    Not to ruin your day or anything, but there is already an interactive map at http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/interactive-maps/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Not to ruin your day or anything, but there is already an interactive map at http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/interactive-maps/
    It's not quite the same though My goal is to find what you look for as quick as possible. The website you refer to takes 5 clicks or so to actually get to the same content

Deleted
    this is pretty cool, will check it out properly later on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalosaurus View Post
    It's not quite the same though My goal is to find what you look for as quick as possible. The website you refer to takes 5 clicks or so to actually get to the same content
    Eh? How's that? It takes me one click to click on the area I need and another click on either the PoI, Heart or Vista I'm missing and I'm good.

But anyways, it's always good to have competition.. I guess.

Not to ruin your day or anything, but there are no unique concepts at all anywhere, so why even point out that someone did something like it? MMO-champion is not unique, amazon.com is not unique..

Sorry, but the post just reeks of "Actually I do want to ruin your day"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Not to ruin your day or anything, but there are no unique concepts at all anywhere, so why even point out that someone did something like it? MMO-champion is not unique, amazon.com is not unique..

Sorry, but the post just reeks of "Actually I do want to ruin your day"
    But why would I want to use an interactive map with just Vistas if I can use an interactive map that has Skill Challenges, Points of Interest, Jumping Puzzles and Vistas?

By all means, continue on your project, it's always nice to have something to do, but I personally don't see the point.

Deleted
    Let's please not go into a discussion about this please because it is pointless. It's still up to the people to decide which service they use.

Deleted
    Amazing

But why would I want to use an interactive map with just Vistas if I can use an interactive map that has Skill Challenges, Points of Interest, Jumping Puzzles and Vistas?

By all means, continue on your project, it's always nice to have something to do, but I personally don't see the point.
    Well for one, the website is extremely easy to remember! gw2vistas.com! See I just typed that out by heart. Whats yours again..?

Great job OP.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone for the impressive feedback. You might have noticed I didn't add any vista's yet today, that is in fact correct! I've been working to make the map and vista's load smoother (mostly for non broadband connections) since I got some mails of people who seemed to have issues loading the map correctly.

I will probably still add at least 1 zone of vista's today though.
    Any suggestions which zone I should do next?

All zones from lvl 1 up to level 70 would be possible (I'm still not lvl 80, don't hate ! )