Thread: New to Rift

New to Rift

Just started playing this game finally this past weekend... I freaking LOVE it. What an awesome experience so far. The game is beautiful, and has well, pretty much EVERYTHING I have wanted in an MMO for a year. I was a HUGE WoW fan, and have kinda missed the game but I just can't get into what that game is offering, which is why I decided to try out Rift.

Probably one of the coolest things about this game, outside of all the amazingness - this title has an awesome community. I'm sure it has it's share of bad apples but this weekend, there wasn't a single question that I had that I couldn't get answered and without all the usual flaming that you might find in other games.

I'm excited to keep progressing through the content and seeing what monsters are waiting for me around the next bend.

Glad you are enjoying it, I myself am a long time WoW player and was huge fan with most of my fondest raiding memories there, but through WoWs evolution I have found Rift to be more of what I am looking for as of late. I recommend to keep looking at what Rift has to offer, I played it since beta/pre release but did not stick with it right away, I wish had done so sooner. Its a very worthwhile MMO

Been here for a few months now and still feel the same. I really wish I had jumped into Rift sooner, but stuck with WoW for much longer than I should have. With each patch and expansion being eaten up quickly then just playing out of habit. Eventually, after DS, I quit to try SWTOR. Was not happy with it so gave Rift a real shot finally. Have not been let down so far and am not even considering MoP at this point. I am with Rift for a while now. I get my money's worth with the patch schedule and actually have fun every time I play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post
    Just started playing this game finally this past weekend... I freaking LOVE it. What an awesome experience so far. The game is beautiful, and has well, pretty much EVERYTHING I have wanted in an MMO for a year. I was a HUGE WoW fan, and have kinda missed the game but I just can't get into what that game is offering, which is why I decided to try out Rift.

Probably one of the coolest things about this game, outside of all the amazingness - this title has an awesome community. I'm sure it has it's share of bad apples but this weekend, there wasn't a single question that I had that I couldn't get answered and without all the usual flaming that you might find in other games.

I'm excited to keep progressing through the content and seeing what monsters are waiting for me around the next bend.
    rift is probably (yes im going to say it) the best MMO out there atm. It really does not get the recognition it deserves. Yes it has its fair share of problems.. FML icewatch EU server lag!! BUT the devs are actively on it and communicate in chat when needed.

The content comes in short patches which always seems to keep the community engaged. Last example being Infernal dawn (20man) released.. then a patch down the line the same tier 10man was released giving people a new toy to play with without pushing both at the same time. They also are not afraid to split 20man vs 10man into completely differing instances which is nice as the issues of tuning are minimal due to this.

The community on a whole is a lot better generally as there is less trolls and idiots. naturally there are some but /ignore is a beautifull function. Enjoy the game and look forward to the new expansion that comes in November! http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/ if you have not seen anything of it yet.

And OFC any questions feel free to ask or pm me.. or even in game if your on my shard Tsubodia or aewen on icewatch EU

Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post

Haha, if you think the game is good now, just wait for Storm Legion, it will blow your F***ING mind.
    Probably not supposed to say this but, I have been in the testing phase for the x-pac for some time now, and it is mind blowing.

Marksman -
    1. I hate you. :P
    2. DNA

It has been a long time since I've been excited to get home and actually game... I'm glad that I've picked up this title to play.

Marksman is either in the friends and family testing or is lying.
    The Closed Beta for SL content for players has not started, at least not from what I've heard, from my many sources.