Hey guys, what have I missed in the world of Ret?

Some of you may remember me, for others that don't, hello, I used to mod this forum and have played Ret since the Burning Crusade.
    I took a break near the beginning of Cataclysm for many reasons, but have had a desire to come back, other MMOs, SWToR, RIFT, or GW2 can't keep my interest like WoW did and has.
    So I'm asking what has changed in the world and with out beloved spec in recent months? I've also heard a few things about pre-expansion events, I don't know when anything will be released, I forgot when MoP will come out, or when the new talent system will come out.
    I was checking out the new talents and they seem nice, its gonna be a tough choice for some of them, I like it.

MoP comes out next week. Pre-MoP "event" is the debut of scenarios, which are, for all intents and purposes, role-less dungeons where you will die if you don't pay attention and have no one to blame for it but yourself.

Ret still plays a lot like it did throughout Cata - build Holy Power, dump it with Templar's Verdict - but with the added bonus of everything in our rotation generating charges instead of just Crusader Strike, so the rotation feels a lot smoother and moves with more of a break-neck pace; kinda like a Frost DK. Haste is our go-to stat because Sanctity of Battle affects the entire rotation, now, and not just CS. Where pretty much every other DPS spec in the entire game saw a noticeable DPS increase, though, I have seen a very noticeable decrease in DPS outside of cooldowns and burn-phase type gimmicks; all we really seem to have going for us is our massive burst, which is as it's been through all of Cata.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

So the new talents come out?
    The new priority is now Haste>Mastery>Crit? Is there a "best" talent spec now or are people still playing around with it and picking what they want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Snarf, welcome back! If you're looking for a full rundown, Krekko has done a pretty awesome job in the Ret sticky. I'm going to close this down, though. With the new class design, there's been a whole lot of "how is <insert spec here>" threads, and we don't want those flooding the forum.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!