Deleted

Penance nerfed 66% a bit too much

Hey,

So i was doing 6k damage on my priest with one shot of penance, now i am doing around 2k.

I kinda think it is too big.

What is your thoughts on this.

They probably nerfed it because of low level PvP, seeing as it hits for 40-70% of a player's life in 20-70 brackets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    level up?

Penance damage hasn't changed for me at 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    level up?

Penance damage hasn't changed for me at 80.
    kinda strange since i am lvl 80

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't balanced at the moment and since their main intention was for it to be balanced around 90 it made it exceptionally strong for lower levels. Level up to max level and it should start hitting harder and healing for more. THe days of Disc Priests (even though it was only for two weeks) owning shit up is over.

I just finished leveling my second priest (she was 75 when 5.0.4 hit) and you can't be serious with complaining about the changes...

I had no heirlooms (leveled as a different faction on a new realm) and I was beating heirloom-decked DPS on damage done every single pull while healing the tank at the same time. On bosses, with Mindbender and Power Infusion I could do around 50% of the party's damage. It was ridiculously broken.

The nerf is very much deserved.

Deleted
    As for the damage of penance at level 85; I didn't play discipline much at the start of this patch so I clearly missed out on what is apparently a big nerf.

However, it's still hitting pretty hard for me: around 37k in total I believe (without Evangelism stacks). That sure sounds big enough!! Anymore than that and I'd say it was definitely overpowered.

And despite any nerfs, discipline priests are doing pretty damn good dps for a healer!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Hey,

So i was doing 6k damage on my priest with one shot of penance, now i am doing around 2k.

No. The nerf was needed and is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    praise the lord shit is now a bit more balanced

Deleted
    Hey,

Yes, please buff it back. I cannot wait to get 1 shoted by a penance, because you know healers are supposed to do way more dmg than dps... right? -_-

i got soloed by a disc on my feral, now it's been fixed!

<==== happy furral

Deleted
    A healer isn't supposed to do more damage than DPS so no, the nerf wasn't too much.

Mine only went from 14k to 12k at lvl 85. I didn't mind much considering they buffed mindbender so much. It was a seriously needed nerf for low lvls tho.

Still hits for around 5k on players at 85 with tier-2 PvP weapons, I guess they lowered the base damage and increased the spell power scaling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Yes, please buff it back. I cannot wait to get 1 shoted by a penance, because you know healers are supposed to do way more dmg than dps... right? -_-
    What i loved about discipline is, it could do damage and heal at the same time, with the nerf it is pointless to play disc priest so i turn holy.

Deleted
    What i loved about discipline is, it could do damage and heal at the same time, with the nerf it is pointless to play disc priest so i turn holy.
    Huh? Have you any idea how much damage and healing atonement healing is still doing despite this nerf??

10+ Year Old Account
    Right before MoP came out, every dungeon I went into on my SPriest typically had a disc healer in the group beating EVERYONE in DPS. Unless I just unloaded and went balls-to-the-wall on CD's and dps, I was constantly getting beaten by Disc Priests spamming Pennace/Holyfire/Smite while not even having to heal.

Same thing for lower level BG's. I loved getting obliterated by Disc Priests in heirloom gear and twink enchants.

Glad they fixed this.