Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    At this point sets and off-set items from DS LFR should be available for let's say Justice Point's for xmog. Id love to xmog my prot spec to yellow T13 and use MS with xmogged red T13 (Warrior), but these items are impossible to get.

Deleted
    I think I'll remember it as the lowest of the lowest in WoW's history, I even enjoyed ToGC more than DS. I think I have done the LFR version 10 times on different chars, and after that I stopped giving a damn, a higher difficulty isn't worth that. Out of the 9 mounths of patch 4.3, I think I played in 3 of them, that's a half year hiatus from WoW and the longest I've ever had since vanilla. Nope, I'm not going to miss it.

I don't think the grace of time will look to kindly on this raid. I don't even think people will want to go for transmog purposes (the gear was pretty awful looking, imo). It's pretty comparable to TOGC in terms of lasting impression on those who took part. I will say as much as I didn't like the setting of TOGC, the fights themselves had interesting mechanics. As a whole, Cata was a mixed bag for me. I feel like I've become a pretty complete warlock (first time I actually played all three specs at end game HM raiding with a decent amount of proficiency). But the experience of disjointed zones, lackluster raids (except hm BWD, sinestra and hm rags), and lack of end game content really left a bad taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    It will be remembered as that place I needed a stepladder to melee trash in.
    i can agree with that, i remember looking at gruuls lair as domo with a twist, then in wotlk pvp fight in totgc same thing, and valks health linked like twin emps'
    and instead of them teleporting we had to switch based off their abilities, another twist
    hyjal makes worst raid in my books, endless waves of trash, if anyone screws up(looking at you retadins) on khaz mana goes 0 you wipe raid, on archi same thing, if you don't let your infernal debuff kill you at offtanks to the side it nukes melee and/or healers...one person could cause wipes on any of those bosses, and except for archi, it means more endless waves of trash...

DS was actually fun, i liked using phasing mechanics in the fights, using controllable buffs on dw(mmm green) morchok heroic was a trip 2 of the healers flipped worried about sunders, hell even i got convinced even though he ofc never tagged me with em, still one shot it, was so funny.

being able to semi-control how the fight went on Yor was interesting(and DW also but heh repetitive use of same platform order did make me sad)
    fights that were boring? every fight on normal, drudging through those on quiet a few alts, even getting my BANK TOON legendary daggers. dierwolf-darkspear(US)

hell it was a good place...but omg did it last to long...way...to...long...

when i can sit here and know the fights well enough even on heroic on my rogue and 2 tanks, and play ONE HANDED, munching on some snacks, drinking, doing heroic fights in between tipsy and drunk depending on how far the night had progressed...
    knowing the fights from muscle memory that well...

it just got old....

i do HATE ds right now... but i know that when i look back through those beautiful rose tinted glasses, i will say it was a damned good raid.

you would be fooling yourself to disagree unless you just dislike wow in general, in which case you need to find another game.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    DS is just a cab-ride between bosses. That's how I'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I think most people would agree that ICC as a raid was much better than Dragon Soul. It was more entertaining, the story was much more captivating and the bosses were much more fun. Dragon Soul was too much re-hash, re-hash zones, rehash models, just alot of laziness. Heroic Lich King was better in almost every way to Deathwing's fall, and thats hard to imagine seeing as how big of a scale the DW fight was.

Will renember it for being a time where I tried my best to be part of harder raiding scene, if only for a short short time.

Will renember it for being the first time since early vanilla that I took a break.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    I hated DS. However, Wednesday was our last DS run and actually, I genuinely felt sad about it :P I'll probably get over it fast though aha

We also lost raiders due to people hating DS, but at the moment, our raiding team is probably the strongest it's been in a while going into MoP, so that is a plus.

I'll miss the orignal unnerfed Heroic DS less than 1% actually saw and experienced thus finding the raid experience in general pretty stale. That version of DS was amazing and will be missed. Go turn off the buff and experience it the way it was intended (even though new talents trivialize it) and then come back and say it was garbage.

The WoW community never ceases to disappoint. First they want something challenging and hard (Cata Heroic 5man)then they complain. It's a never ending cycle :/

Deleted
    It will be the same as with ICC. While it was current everyone kept whining about how stupid it was, how easy (faceroll) and how it lasted too long, and now it's suddenly a great raid and no one remembers that it lasted too long. So in a year, everyone will be moaning about the then current raid and how they wish for DS back, because that was EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I enjoyed all the raids I participated in during Cataclysm's lifespan.

Granted, none of them were raids in WoW.

Infracted
    Was that before or after said game went free to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Orchids View Post
    Was that before or after said game went free to play?
    You have made an incorrect assumption.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Some good memories and some bad memories. Bad memories being before I swapped guild, the guild was unable to kill any heroic bosses enough on farm except Morchok.

Good memories being I'm in a good spot and a much better guild for MoP.

I got my heroic Raggy mount last night, that's all that matters. The alysrazor mount dropped too, but I passed. Great week!

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    As the biggest pile of shit i've ever seen, and will never forget the blue post promoting the "deathwing" fight actually made me excited as they made it sound so epic!! ohh how they failed, miserably. Instead of showing some creativity, investment and character they stuck with what they know and proved to me how shambolic the development team can be.
    I think they liked the DW fight so much because of how much they enjoyed making it but not so much playing it. It kind of blinded them to the fact that it is repetitive and boring as hell. The spine fight is pretty innovative though. You fight on a bosses back and have him roll around to get rid of adds. There is no other fight like it and it probably did take lot to program. The madness fight though is kind of a big letdown, you fight DW's toes instead of him.

If they had done a fight with DW in human form and have madness be you fighting him while hes falling apart as one big piece it probably would have been more epic.

The only other thing that was terrible about DS is that besides DW it was full of no names and we really had no lore behind it. It was just "here are some more guys fighting for DW, kill them then you can kill lots of tentacles."

Deleted
    T11 was pretty decent, so I'm gonna remember that. Firelands was OK, but not great. DS... I'll try to forget that one.

Still nothing will top Yogg as end-tier boss. Just saying. As an end-of-expac boss, meh don't get me started.

People will remember how incredibly easy it got after all the nerfs, and forget how hard t11 was. Cata-babies lol.

Deleted
    Finally over, and the DS time took away 5 of our guildies.

So, fuck you DS.