Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Last Raid of DS.

So This will be my guilds last Raid of Dragonsoul and Firelands (150k carry) tonight. Somehow... I am a little sad. Don't get me wrong DEATH TO DS. But... End of a long era so, how will the instance be remembered: with rose tinted glasses, or as a big pile of poo?

I gotta say, I felt the same way about ICC and to a lesser extent BT, at the time, but NOW I look back and go "Man that crap was awesome".

So to bring it together, How will the WoW community look back on DS at the end of MoP and from then on?
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

I think people will look back on DS the same way they look back at Crusader's Coliseum.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will remember it with a certain fondness, not becuse of the raid its self but because of the people who left wow that I had raided with in DS. The down time between DS launch and MoP cost my guild alot of good folks who simply decided to stop playing wow peroid. So I will remember the good times I had with them in DS.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I think people will look back on DS the same way they look back at Crusader's Coliseum.
    GEM COVERED TURD IT IS!. But I agree with Rivyr, we lost a ret pally, prot pally, hunter and mage to DS waiting. They will be missed. I suppose it is the people who make this game what it is at the end of the day.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

it was okay, I think a lot of people don't give blizz enough credit for lfr. Although it was highly annoying that they didn't bother to incorporate the other cata raids into it, because as a casual player I never got to see Tot4W or BWD.

Something that confuses me about DS is that firelands seems to have more unique boss mechanics than DS did (aside from spine which had mixed reviews). But maybe that's intentional to make it easier on lfr.

Indeed it will.

I enjoyed all the raids I participated in during Cataclysm's lifespan.

Granted, none of them were raids in WoW.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-09-19 at 03:33 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It was a problematic period because a lot of people stopped playing during the time between DS launch and MoP launch.
    Hopefully they'll come back when they see that MoP is going to be awesome.

Anyway, I think DS wasn't a bad raid, but it clearly wasn't the best either. It should have been a bit better considering that it's the final raid of the expansion, the most important one, and the one that lasted for the longest time.

Deleted
    Moin moin,

DS was just for me and my Guild the best time.

We got our first world rang <1000

Hope we will keep it up/ofc we will get higher :-)

Your,
    Holy

I'll remember the pre-nerfed raid fondly as well as the fact that this was my first real raid of clearing the content (and my 2nd full tier of raiding, with the first being a 6/7H firelands) before the mass waves of clears around the 20% nerf. I'll also remember late-night, 4am runs on the PTR well.

I won't remember the nearly 1 year of farm so well, but before it went stagnant and overnerfed DS was actually a pretty great raid.

I liked 2 Encounter in TotGC, Northrend Beasts and Anub'arak.

In DS there is just one decent Encounter in my book.

At least you have to move on some Encounters in MoP more than during Spine and Madness combined, granted that is not hard to beat.

It will probably be remembered as a quite poor instance. It was way too small for an end raid, the Deathwing fights were dull (repetitive, poorly balanced, not really deserving endboss fights), it was just a lot of teleporting around and felt really disconnected with the outside world, and even some parts of the instance from other.

Sure, it had some good sides and wasn't all bad, but it was the TOC of Cataclysm, and unfortunately it had to last 10 months...
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    To me i will remember DS negatively... I just really didn't enjoy it all. It can't compare to ICC. Even though ICC was out to long i loved every second of that raid.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Felshen View Post
    it was okay, I think a lot of people don't give blizz enough credit for lfr. Although it was highly annoying that they didn't bother to incorporate the other cata raids into it, because as a casual player I never got to see Tot4W or BWD.

Something that confuses me about DS is that firelands seems to have more unique boss mechanics than DS did (aside from spine which had mixed reviews). But maybe that's intentional to make it easier on lfr.
    About the only "unique" parts of FL was flying around with Alysrazor and having to balance your damage somewhat on Lord Rhyolith. Everything else was pretty much the same old "don't stand in the bad" and "kill red nameplates fast," like every other boss fight in the game.

Completely agree.

Yeah good call on ToGC.

WotLK Raids i've done since cata was released:

ICC ~15 times
    RS 0
    ToGC 1
    Naxx ~5 times
    Ulduar ~ 10 times
    OS ~ 10 times
    Ony ~ 10 times (solo it on dk)
    EoE ~ 10 times (solo it on dk)

I don't see myself going back and doing DS for a very very long time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Separating DS Normal + Hard modes from DS LFR will be the hard part. I had lots of fun in their with guild runs and not all LFR runs were bad.

Deleted
    Oh my god, good fuckin riddance. Such a terrible raid. Feels sweet to be over with it at last.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll miss DS and the ~1mil gold it got my guild through carrying people to mounts.
    Makes up for the absolute fucking catastrophe that was the content inside the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I enjoyed all the raids I participated in during Cataclysm's lifespan.

Granted, none of them were raids in WoW.
    I c wat u did thar.