Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Humble Bundle is up!

Just wanted to update y'all, http://www.humblebundle.com/ , new deal is up! Games are:

- Torchlight 1
    - Rochard
    - Shatter
    - S.P.A.Z.
    - Vessel
    - Dustforce (if you beat the average)

The average is currently $5.44 right now, get to it!

Edit: The extra, new games included are:

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Jamestown
    Wizorb

Note, the extra games aren't live, as of yet.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-09-25 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Skipped the last one but I picked this one up. Haven't had a chance to play anything yet. Rochard is a surprisingly hefty game, at about 2GB. Full install of all games weighed in at about 4GB or so, most of that being Rochard and Torchlight.

Dustforce looks fun. Reminds me of Super Meat Boy.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yup. Skipped the last one but I picked this one up.
    I assume because you had a majority of the games already? Because the last "big" one was full of amazing games (Bastion, Super Meat Boy, etc), I can't imagine any other reason, frankly.

Haven't had a chance to play anything yet...Dustforce looks fun. Reminds me of Super Meat Boy.
    I briefly played Dustforce... I couldn't get the controls quite right. Z is to jump, X is to light attack, C is to have a power attack, hold down the arrow keys to move / scale walls. Problem is, certain spots are tricky, such as a particular one where you have to jump + light attack + jump + light attack + jump + scale wall, so that comes out to be Z+X, Z+X, Z+(left arrow), which isn't something I was particularly ready for...on the tutorial level. In rapid succession. With instant-death spikes below you if you should get the timing wrong. It does look fun, though.

Torchlight 1 mainly sold me on the bundle, as I've yet to play any of them. Shatter is really fun, too...just can't quite get the controls right, either. I guess today I just suck at games, hopefully tomorrow will be better and they click.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    really tempted to pick it up probably will later today :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I assume because you had a majority of the games already? Because the last "big" one was full of amazing games (Bastion, Super Meat Boy, etc), I can't imagine any other reason, frankly.
    I must've been thinking of 4 or something. I know I picked up the Bastion bundle because Bastion had a separate key that I gave to my brother.

I bought that pack mostly because I wanted to support the devs that made those games. I owned all of them but bought it anyway.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.indieroyale.com/ also have a new bundle up if intressted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    http://www.indieroyale.com/ also have a new bundle up if intressted.
    Don't really see anything there that's interesting. A couple of them remind me of old school shootemups but I'm turned off by the art style.

For whatever reason, it seems like Humble Bundle always nabs the big names.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    swords and Soldiers look fun and Sequence is the game I really wanted from that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Space Pirates and Zombies is pretty goddamn awesome. Started playing it and looked up four hours later... time flies. It's a nice mix between strategy, action, and with a nice dash of tactical decision-making involved. Pick the right hulls, give them the right weapons, and kill targets in the proper order or you're gonna get mauled. Seems like it might get repetitive, but so far it's fun.

I gave up on Dustforce after about 5 minutes; the control scheme is a mess for a keyboard and I'm not really interested in getting a gamepad to work on it. The movement system just feels really counter-intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Space Pirates and Zombies is pretty goddamn awesome. Started playing it and looked up four hours later... time flies. It's a nice mix between strategy, action, and with a nice dash of tactical decision-making involved. Pick the right hulls, give them the right weapons, and kill targets in the proper order or you're gonna get mauled. Seems like it might get repetitive, but so far it's fun.
    Haven't played it yet, but it sounds good.

I gave up on Dustforce after about 5 minutes; the control scheme is a mess for a keyboard and I'm not really interested in getting a gamepad to work on it. The movement system just feels really counter-intuitive.
    Yeah, the controls are weird, I couldn't get into it. If nothing else, the music is great, I love this song:

Shatter is kinda fun, but it's annoying not being able to get the controls down...sometimes it feels that they invert. Frustrating not being able to hit the last block for 2 minutes. That, and it's not a game that you can play for a long session; feels like a game you want to sit down for 15 minutes or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't played it yet, but it sounds good.

Yeah, the controls are weird, I couldn't get into it. If nothing else, the music is great, I love this song:

Shatter is kinda fun, but it's annoying not being able to get the controls down...sometimes it feels that they invert. Frustrating not being able to hit the last block for 2 minutes. That, and it's not a game that you can play for a long session; feels like a game you want to sit down for 15 minutes or so.
    Shatter honestly just feels like an arcade game.

I briefly played Dustforce... I couldn't get the controls quite right. Z is to jump, X is to light attack, C is to have a power attack, hold down the arrow keys to move / scale walls. Problem is, certain spots are tricky, such as a particular one where you have to jump + light attack + jump + light attack + jump + scale wall, so that comes out to be Z+X, Z+X, Z+(left arrow), which isn't something I was particularly ready for...on the tutorial level. In rapid succession. With instant-death spikes below you if you should get the timing wrong. It does look fun, though.
    Ah yes that was incredibly frustrating! Seems like a pretty fun game though, but I just keep pressing the wrong buttons lol >.<

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    thankfully my gaming career has prepared me for loads of z,x,c controls in different games :P

the music in dustforce is amazing though.
    Last edited by Larath; 2012-09-24 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks! Already bought it!

10+ Year Old Account
    thankfully my gaming career has prepared me for loads of z,x,c controls in different games :P

the music in dustforce is amazing though.
    Yeah, it was worth picking up Dustforce for the music if nothing else. Wish I could say the same for SPAZ! While the gameplay's great, the sound is definitely lacking :/

According to a source, the new "extra" games incoming for HB are the following:

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Jamestown
    Wizorb

I'm pretty disappointed that all but one came from HB4, but I'm not complaining about free games. Note that this is not live, as of yet.

Source: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/apps/16523

Deleted
    The 1$ were still more than worth it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    The 1$ were still more than worth it.
    ... I really don't get why people do that, just a douchebag move if you ask me.

At least HB increased the amount from a penny to a dollar. Paying a penny was just an insult, and actually cost them money. That's a douchebag move.

Deleted
    Because there are no killer-games I really want. And seriously, its their fault if you get everything expept Dustforce for 1$...