Thread: Poverty

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Poverty

Hey guys
    Ive got a problem. I cant make gold, literally. Even though I have 525 bs and jc, Im sitting max on 1k gold.
    Ive got 525 jc, bs, arch, fishing, cooking, firstaid, but I cant make money out of them.
    AH playing? Dunno how to start it. Dailies? Oo few gold.
    Im looking forward to panther mounts in mop, Ive got no money to start though.
    Any help from fellow millionaires?

Deleted
    I don't make any gold intentionally. I've been sitting on 25k gold since...forever. Whatever I spend, I just make back without even trying, just from selling drops and quest rewards. I also don't buy retardedly expensive epics from the AH, or epic gems which are 10 times more expensive for a +5 extra stats compared to the blue ones, never did, never will.

A quicky way to make money is to go mine fel iron and adamantite. Seems these mats are stupidly overpriced atm, on Defias Brotherhood EU, 20 fel iron bars = 150g.

Deleted
    Where to start?
    Cliches but all servers are different, so they are all characterised by supply and demand. In one week the situation will be extraordinary and it nly happens once per expansion. Deamnd will be massive as players do new content and supply will be very low until enough new mats are gathered and sypply begins to meet demand.

Level; another character and make them a dual atherer then gather= mine and herb like mad, then list on ah or use it to supply your jc and bs. You will make tens of thousands a week if you spend a significant amount of time gathering.

Your aim is to sell what people want by being the cheapest and having stock to sell. Understand what people want and then list and relist on the AK on a regular basis.
    get your bs and jc to max level then start collecting recipes. Use the mats you have farmed tp craft items people wnat list and relist on a regular basis.

Keep putting effort in and you will make tens of thousands of gold a week. If you do not have a source of mining or herbing your own stuff then you are vulnerable to the ah supplying you and the prices will be v high.

Thats what you need to be doing in a nutshell. Ybderstabnd that and you are on the way to cracking the ah. Gold gets a bit boring tbh its just a way of keeping count. As fopr the panther mount hen it looks like it will costs c 1,000,000 g

The thing that a lot of people don't understand is that, just like in real life, there's no fast and easy way to make gold. You will have to spend time crafting and juggling auctions. Your profits on any one transaction will often be really, really small. You will sometimes lose money, especially when you're first getting started. Sometimes your profits won't come for weeks or months.

But in the end, it's really simple. Buy low, sell higher. And don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Hey guys
    Ive got a problem. I cant make gold, literally. Even though I have 525 bs and jc, Im sitting max on 1k gold.
    Ive got 525 jc, bs, arch, fishing, cooking, firstaid, but I cant make money out of them.
    AH playing? Dunno how to start it. Dailies? Oo few gold.
    Im looking forward to panther mounts in mop, Ive got no money to start though.
    Any help from fellow millionaires?
    Blacksmithing is a bad profession to have if you want to make money without a miner. Unless you plan on min/maxing for raiding/PvP or have some unobtainable BS patterns, I'd drop BS and get mining to 525. But yeah, you're either going to need to spend time mining on your own or work something out between a farmer, such as making stuff for them for free or sending them x% of the gems you prospect from their ore. JC has always been a good source of money, as the demand for gems is fairly constant throughout an expansion. Plus gems have value in their raw and cut forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Blacksmithing is a bad profession to have if you want to make money without a miner. Unless you plan on min/maxing for raiding/PvP or have some unobtainable BS patterns, I'd drop BS and get mining to 525. But yeah, you're either going to need to spend time mining on your own or work something out between a farmer, such as making stuff for them for free or sending them x% of the gems you prospect from their ore. JC has always been a good source of money, as the demand for gems is fairly constant throughout an expansion. Plus gems have value in their raw and cut forms.
    People who have really, really high gold incomes don't waste their time with farming professions. An equivalent amount of time spent playing the AH/working your crafting professions will bring in far, far in excess of what gathering would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    People who have really, really high gold incomes don't waste their time with farming professions. An equivalent amount of time spent playing the AH/working your crafting professions will bring in far, far in excess of what gathering would do.
    ^^ This

Use complimentary crafting professions to make high tickets items. I.e. - Blacksmithing to make something cheap, DE it to make an enchanting scroll that's worth 5 times more.

I prob spend an 2-3 hours worrying about AH stuff a week, and on average pull in 10k a week in gold. I always check prices on high ticket items, see what I can and cannot make for the cheapest cost, and work from there.

Example. After the change to PVP Power/Resilience, I made a killing on PVP Cloaks and Helms for about a week. (In excess of 30k gold). Not because of luck, but because I paid attention to what was going on and responded accordingly.

Also, don't be afraid to buy Mats off the AH, and always keep an eye out for cheap mats. it's Ok to spend 2k gold on Mats, if you are going to make 10k gold on the crafted items (And the time saved from Not Gathering is a bonus too).

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I'd drop BS and get mining to 525.
    Please. No. Stop.

<wanders off into the desert to forget what he's seen>

if you feel the urge to mine, roll a miner and have a blast. Don't kill off a max-level crafter and lose all of the gold you poured into it the first time around (along with all the gold that crafter would have made in the months to come).

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a JC!!!!!!!

How much are raw gems? How much are cut gems? If the difference can cover the posting fee (well, a few postings as you probably would re-list them a few times) and cover the AH tax with a decent difference left in between, where is the problem?

To quote the OP

1k gold isn't much to try playing the AH at this point. They'd be better off farming ore for JC, which isn't very resource intensive and has high turnover, than to try buying the mats they need to be competitive for MoP in both the BS and JC markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni
    Don't kill off a max-level crafter and lose all of the gold you poured into it the first time around (along with all the gold that crafter would have made in the months to come
    A profession that they can't easily level is pretty worthless for someone that's trying to make money. And again, the gold they could have made requires a decent amount of starting gold, which the OP does not have.

As for what Lootem was saying, sure, that's a good idea if you have the professions to do that, which OP does not have.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-09-19 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1k gold is enough to buy a couple of raw gems, cut them, and put on AH.

Deleted
    Well that depends, if the farming is higher GPH than crafting and selling most people who have really high gold incomes will still do it.

Deleted
    Errr no , not always and especially not at the beginning of an expansion. Sometimes the AH isnt great. People who sit on their backsides ready to craft may be twiddling their thumbs for a while if their supply for new mats is cut off.

Btw what do you call a realy high income Skarssen? It varies from server to server because some servers have higher pops and the competition varies. I would imagine im pretty respectable on my server. Sometimes I farm, sometimes I dont, soemtimes its boring and soemtimes its more boring sat at the ah. The good thing about having your own farmer is you can decide what to farm. Its very useful to avoid becoming a hostage to the AH and to fill in the gaps in inventory.

People with high gold incomes know when to use the correct options at the right time. Being able to list auctions and sales is often the end product along a sales line which might have a variety of ways of getting your product to market. In the first weeks of mop gatherers will be pretty handy for a number of reasons. Harder to work the ah if you dont have any product to sell. I hav been approached many times by players worried they have no money. I dont send them to do the shuffle or straightaway to the ah, but I do send them to farm stuff where I see a gap in the market. After you have selected the correct thing to farm, then its easy for people to understand. the bad thing abut farming is you need stamina , determination and a high threshold for boredom.

Theres no such thing as poverty in WoW and I dont even understand how gold sellers are even in business. Even with 5 days to go Im still making 10k a day doing ore shuffle as ore prices have plummeted but on my server enchanting mats have skyrocketed for people stockpiling to max out their monks. Hypnotic dust is 90g a stack for example. I made around 800k in 4 months on my old account doing ore shuffle. They gave gold away this expansion and I dont even believe for a minute theres anyone with less than 50k rght now unless they just bought the game this week. I could spend 75k on a fresh 85 alt and make it back in 3 days. I didnt even play the AH just made 12-20k a night off prospecting,cutting,crafting, and DEing.

You missed the gold train for this expansion. Word to the wise, get in early this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Theres no such thing as poverty in WoW and I dont even understand how gold sellers are even in business. Even with 5 days to go Im still making 10k a day doing ore shuffle as ore prices have plummeted but on my server enchanting mats have skyrocketed for people stockpiling to max out their monks. Hypnotic dust is 90g a stack for example. I made around 800k in 4 months on my old account doing ore shuffle. They gave gold away this expansion and I dont even believe for a minute theres anyone with less than 50k rght now unless they just bought the game this week. I could spend 75k on a fresh 85 alt and make it back in 3 days. I didnt even play the AH just made 12-20k a night off prospecting,cutting,crafting, and DEing.
    Amazing dude , but take into account all servers are different and that some are much harder to make gold on than others. Some people are scared of the ah or do not understand the gold making process. It doesnt mean they are bad players, just they bever invested time into professions. The fact you dont believe theres anyone with less than 50k says it all. Keep on polishing your epeen.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Amazing dude , but take into account all servers are different and that some are much harder to make gold on than others. Some people are scared of the ah or do not understand the gold making process. It doesnt mean they are bad players, just they bever invested time into professions. The fact you dont believe theres anyone with less than 50k says it all. Keep on polishing your epeen.
    Theres no such thing as a hard server to make gold on. The guys at http://www.justmytwocopper.org/ proved this. Sometimes people would pick a random server where people said "OMG its just impossible to make gold here. Then they would go there and make tons of gold. Also how can you not understand the gold making process. You buy tons of ore, prospect it, cut rare gems that will sell fast (everyone knows what these are cause they are the ones in your gear just inspect yourself), then take the leftover gems and craft necklaces and rings to disenchant. Its boring but its not rocket science. And yes I do believe everyone in this game has at least 50k because Blizzard basically gave gold away this expansion. I almost felt like reporting myself for exploiting because I was making so much with no effort.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    You missed the gold train for this expansion. Word to the wise, get in early this expansion.
    So wrong you are. People are stocking up on mats for their new monks. Stuff like copper, tin, mithril, thorium, fel iron, heavy leather, vision dust, arcane dust, will sell for a lot. I was selling hypnotic dust for 75g a stack yesterday and sold 30 stacks and a week ago it was 18g a stack. People are stockpiling for MoP.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-09-20 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Theres no such thing as a hard server to make gold on. The guys at http://www.justmytwocopper.org/ proved this. Sometimes people would pick a random server where people said "OMG its just impossible to make gold here. Then they would go there and make tons of gold. Also how can you not understand the gold making process. You buy tons of ore, prospect it, cut rare gems that will sell fast (everyone knows what these are cause they are the ones in your gear just inspect yourself), then take the leftover gems and craft necklaces and rings to disenchant. Its boring but its not rocket science. And yes I do believe everyone in this game has at least 50k because Blizzard basically gave gold away this expansion. I almost felt like reporting myself for exploiting because I was making so much with no effort.
    1. Did I say it was impossible? No. I said all servers were different and that means a difference inbetween the levels of supply and demand. Because of this, then employing the same strategies on different servers will result in making different amounts of gold. All you are telling us is that you know how to shuffle. I understand the gold making process pretty well ta.

2. Then you are delusional if you believe everyone has at least 50k. It is your own ego that is getting in the way. Not everyone plays the AH, some people spend it faster than they earn. Many players have had no more than 25k. That is not to say it isnt straightforward to make money, but it is harder on some servers than others.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2012-09-20 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Your a Blacksmith - check if you have any rare recipes in your profession list - check on AH to see what the Epic's are worth and work out how much it will cost you to get the mats - some older recipes that you may have are still being looked for such as Felsteel Longblade (example) - it's a rare outland world drop but if you have it already in your crafting list you could try and see if making one and put it on AH will get you 8.5k or more (your realm) but the basic mats will cost 3k.

Why Felsteel Longblade - because it's a Ninja's Sword and will go well with Transmog in MoP so people will probably still buy it even now.

Fireland Dailies could boost you a fair deal even after completing the Zone in Hyjal the dailies are still fairly profitable until MoP launches - in MoP there is no daily cap so you could level your char to 90 and do every daily available - how much gold you get depends on time and boredom but most MoP dailies will help some way to gold and reputations etc.

Fighting the AH war with other people on your server could result in poor returns due to the habit of undercutting - however Fishing may be your salvation as it can be profitable with less repair costs of course you still have to learn how to play the AH but like all of us we had to start somewhere - go for fishing as you dont need to change professions at all to use that - cooking the catch may boost your AH prices but a lot of people will probably do the same but RAW MoP fish will probably be in high demand for at least a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    1k gold is enough to buy a couple of raw gems, cut them, and put on AH.
    Do people forget how much mats are the first few weeks of an expansion? 1k MIGHT get a stack of uncommon quality gems, which no one is really going to use unless they're perfectly cut, as they'll have rare quality stat weights.

As for everyone that keeps saying "ORE SHUFFLE", OP doesn't have an enchanter. All OP has is 1 toon that can BS and JC, 1k gold, and probably not the time needed to level a new character with enchanting or mining. I'm guessing OP also doesn't have any rare BS patterns, know farmers / enchanters / transmute alchemists to work something out. So OP either has to waste the opportunity of a new expansion until crafting mats fall in price or just ditch the least useful primary profession they have and actually make some money.