Thread: Poverty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    I guess you are right. My server has had a very strong and stable economy since I transferred back at the start of Cata. Not much cut throat AH activity at all. On some servers you post something for 150g if its the only item and then some herpderp comes along 5 mins later and lists the same thing for 75g.
    This is my server right here. Was selling hypnotic dust for 100g a stack so I put a bunch up for 150g a stack (the only dust on the AH) hoping to either sell it at that crazy price or to keep it high by others undercutting me by 10 or 20 gold. Come back later and people have it up for 59g a stack...

I would say sit tight till MoP. It's too late to do anything now. markets are either dead with Cata stuff, or massively over priced. So much so that your 1k gold will not make enough back.

My advice would be to do as many dailies are you humanly can before MoP. Get gold that way.

Anotehr easy way is to spend 6-120 gold on potions of treasure finding and go to western Deepholm around the Needlerock places and AoE down the groups there. You will make in an hour around 400-600 gold in vendor junk alone. You will also get 200-500 Embersilk cloth (you would get 700-1400 embersilk cloth if you where a tailor but your not so no matter). Also you will get somewhere around 12-25 green quality items and maybe a blue. On my server you can sell a stack of cloth for 50g each. I expect this to go up in MoP because i is used to make Embersilk Bags which are the best 'affordable' bags out there, thus even in MoP the cloth will hold value. You will get around 40-100 random volatiles too, keep hold of them untill a week or two into MoP. Their prices will go up with less people actively farming herbs/ores in Cata zones.

You can make around 2,000-6,000 gold an hour doing this alone depending on your server and if there are others farming that location. Also as a side note, it's a good fast way to power level from 83-85 if you have rested, and make some good coin in the process.

Hope this helps. Your getting in too late into cata and too early in MoP for your 1k gold to do anything realistic regarding your current professions sadly however. Make gold using the treasure finding potion and then use that gold to bankroll your stuff in MoP. Also if you are desperate for quick gold, dump eerything at around 10g less than your competition on the market to liquidate your stock and get the gold for MoP. Who cares if you crash the market when it's not going to matter a few days later anyways?

On my server all crafted items sell for less than the cost of materials. ie unless you have a very rare pattern, anything you make will be a loss. This is also the case with gems. All cut gems are, at best, a small profit (a few gold) more than the uncut cost. The ore shuffle does turn a modest profit. eg prospect ore for gems; sell the cut or uncut that are profitable; make jewellery from the rest and either sell it or disenchant and sell the dusts.