Str to Parry conversion rate

How much parry is given from strength? I want to know for calculation purposes.

Apparently, any amount of strength equals INFINITE parry :P

Check for the agi to dodge conversion. It's gotta be the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's 27%.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

For warriors its ~1:1, 1 str = 1 parry rating. So I assume it's the same for Pala/DK
    Did some calculations with different gear lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    For warriors its ~1:1, 1 str = 1 parry rating. So I assume it's the same for Pala/DK
    Did some calculations with different gear lineup.
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it Strength to Parry%, not Parry Rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it Strength to Parry%, not Parry Rating?
    it is strength to parry% just as agi is to dodge%

Quote Originally Posted by d07RiV View Post
    At 85, you need roughly 243.7 strength for 1% parry (pre-dr), compared with 265 for parry rating.
    At 90, you need around 952 strength for 1% parry, compared with 885 parry rating.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-09-18 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    it is strength to parry% just as agi is to dodge%
    So what this tells me is that the "Fine" gems are going to be useless (for min/maxers) and the "Skillful" gems are going to be slightly better than the fine gems seeing as how it appears that str gives a better conversion rate than actual parry rating does until level 90 that is. Thank you. Doesn't really matter to me as I won't be changing anything until mop comes out though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    So what this tells me is that the "Fine" gems are going to be useless (for min/maxers) and the "Skillful" gems are going to be slightly better than the fine gems seeing as how it appears that str gives a better conversion rate than actual parry rating does until level 90 that is. Thank you. Doesn't really matter to me as I won't be changing anything until mop comes out though.
    ATM, strength is quite abit better than Parry, but for anyone who isn't min-maxing I'd advice against doing it because it would be quite expensive for very little use.

TBH, with all my almost BiS gear atm i have 49%~ parry as UH DPS. So i guess STR going to work like guardian stacking agility for crit and dodge while DK get STR for red socket for aggro and cover up lack of avoidence due hit/exp requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    How much parry is given from strength? I want to know for calculation purposes.
    It is not straightforward.

Parry% = (1 / 235.5 + 0.885 / ( ( (CurrentStrength - BaseStrength) / 951.158596) + (ParryRating / 880) ) )^(-1) + 3.00

[edit: well, that's at 90. The L85 curve will use the same DR factor as the druid agility factor, which is something around 243-244 agility if I recall correctly.]
    Last edited by SSHA778; 2012-09-20 at 10:15 PM.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat