Deleted

[Movies] Denzel Washington!

Denzel Washington is simply an amazing actor. I just watched Unstoppable, about this out of control train and it was great. Every single Denzel movie I've ever seen; from Training Day, to The Book of Eli, to Safe House, to the Manchurian Candidate, to many more. Every single one of them has been amazing. The roles he picks are always meaningful or intellectually complex. And his performance is always world-class. He has this raw edginess and toughness that seeps through in all of his movies, but he is still graceful and emotional enough to have a huge range.

Denzel Washington truly is one of the greatest actors of our generation.

-What are your thoughts on Denzel Washington and his films?

Man on Fire.

'Nuff said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea he is good but not more than that.
    Speaking of him, anyone else feel that he is arrogant borderlining hybris in intervjues?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Speaking of him, anyone else feel that he is arrogant borderlining hybris in intervjues?
    Ehh, I'm not sure how you can merely classify Denzel as "good".
    He is one of the best actors I've EVER seen.

I mean I'm sure he may have gotten a bit of pride from winning sexiest man alive and ranking at the top like every single year in the 90's. But He seems really humble to me and a family man. Hasn't he been married to the same woman since 1983? Doesn't happen often in Hollywood...

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    He seems very laid back and relaxed in most interviews. He's very interested and intense about acting, but that's all. He's a humble guy in reality.

john q. loved that movie. "I AM NOT GONNA BURY MY SON! My son is gonna bury me."
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh.. Funny this should come up, as I was having a.... fairly heated discussion with my friend the other day, after watching Book of Eli (AWESOME movie).

He agrees with you, that Denzel is the best actor ever etc. I maintain that while he is VERY good, he is also WAY overrated.

He's good, there's no faulting that, but the problem I have is when I watch him in anything, I'm always VERY aware that he's Denzel Washington, I've NEVER seen him in a role and thought 'Wow.. I fully BELIEVED he was 'insert role here' what a great performance'.

Comparing him to his co-star in Book of Eli Gary Oldman, I would say Oldman is by FAR the superior actor, simply because when I see Gary Oldman in a role he really makes me BELIEVE he is that role, when he's Stansfield I BELIEVE he's Stansfield, when I see him as Zorg he IS Zorg, same thing for (IMO) one of the most UNDERrated actors of all time, Forest Whitaker', I've yet to see him in a movie and think 'Hey, it's Forest! Every time I see him I'm 100% invested in his character, 100% convinced that he IS Idi Amin (SCARY fucking performance) he IS Ghost Dog, hell even for his brief stint on ER he was 100% Curtis Ames, something VERY few hollywood types can do, when they make cameos in TV shows.

So to sum up... No I disagree Denzel Washington is certainly a very good actor, one of the most... well rounded, of his generation, not to mention a really cool guy in every interview I've seen of him, but I think he's far from the greatest.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always like Denzel. I think his a fantastic actor.

I just don't think he pushes himself anymore. Ten years ago, I would have made an effort to watched most of his film. For me, his role choices now seem pretty lacklustre.

I always though hit performance in Training day was good, but really, really overrated and most of the films he did in the 90s were pretty solid!

Deleted
    Krispy Kreme.

Deleted
    Of the top of my head I can name a solid dozen contemporary actors and another dozen dead ones or more that esily surpass Denzel but a top 40's spot is still very good. Best ever is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    Man on Fire.

'Nuff said.
    This. Also Out of Time, Crimson Tide, the list goes on. By far my favorite actor.