Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Have you seen this?

Everyone should see the documentary before leaving an opinion.
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2012-09-19 at 05:53 AM.

If trialing him as a child gets him too easily excused, I'd prefer him be tried as an adult. He did a horrible thing, and shows no remorse for it.

It makes me wonder though, do we even have ways to rehabilitate people with serious cases of Antisocial Personality Disorder? This kid sounds like he has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

He deserves jail for life, or to be put down like a sick animal. Murderers should not just be imprisoned, they should be publicly humiliated, age matters not.

I hope he will NOT get away with it. Killing a random stranger and killing his own siblings is way too different. If I would be #1 murderer, I would STILL not even think about killing my brother/sister. Even if they were police officers who are after me.

Killing their own siblings should not be treated lightly. He needs no help. He needs a GOOD time in jail for his rest of his life.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    Have you seen this?

Everyone should see the documentary before leaving an opinion.
    Sorry, but having bad childhood means nothing for doing something this retarded. Having a bad childhood does NOT excuse for being a murderer.
    Last edited by Moon-Man; 2012-09-19 at 06:27 AM.

Good call. Should be standard procedure. "But my parents were mean to meee!"

Edit: Here in Sweden a gang of 7 youths assaulted a senior citizen so he was in a coma for 2 months, became blind on one eye and forgot the last 2-3 years of his life. Only 2 were sentenced and they got 60-100 hours for "psychologic help" for it.

I wish the judges from the OPs post lived in Sweden
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2012-09-19 at 06:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If trialing him as a child gets him too easily excused, I'd prefer him be tried as an adult. He did a horrible thing, and shows no remorse for it.

It makes me wonder though, do we even have ways to rehabilitate people with serious cases of Antisocial Personality Disorder? This kid sounds like he has it.
    Well the documentary I just post. That nobody is taking time to see, shows that is possible to threat this cases, even the worst. It takes a lot of time/years and pacience but is possible.

It's a real case, there's even a movie inspired by her case.
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2012-09-19 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I hope you are joking.
    Psychopats can't be cured, they can only learn to pretend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    he should be sentenced to death, better sooner then later after he consume gazillions of tax money.
    Poster after my own heart.

He doesn't need help. He doesn't need a doctor or a pysch, or drugs or rehab. He doesn't need to sit in prison for years and years for absolutely no fucking reason. The kid is fucked up in the head, no two ways about it. Put him the hell down now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    Well the documentary I just post. That nobody is taking time to see, shows that is possible to threat this cases, even the worst. It takes a lot of time/years and pacience but is possible.

It's a real case, there's even a movie inspired by her case.
    so lets spend thousands of dollars on someone that has a very very high possibility of relapsing. sociopathy is incurable, it can only be treated so they 'pretend' not to be the way they are. at any given moment they could fall right back into the same pattern.

now while i'm not down for killing the child, letting them rot in prison is enough on our tax dollar, lets go ahead and not add more to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Poster after my own heart.

He doesn't need help. He doesn't need a doctor or a pysch, or drugs or rehab. He doesn't need to sit in prison for years and years for absolutely no fucking reason. The kid is fucked up in the head, no two ways about it. Put him the hell down now.
    Totally agree.

It's truly depressing to think that childhood abuse and sexual abuse is like some kind of werewolf bite that not only ruins your life but increases the likelihood that you will inflict the same suffering on others. So monsters create victims which later turn into monsters themselves, and create more victims...

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    Yes he has had a bad childhood, but does that excuse him for what he did?
    I don't think so in my opinion.
    I think it explains it. Doesn't really make any difference though.

he should be sentenced to death, better sooner then later after he consume gazillions of tax money.
    Oddly enough I agree, and even if he was simply mentally disturbed the justice system would do little more than screw him up even more.

Of course I do think their are other options for reform, such as inflicting pain for the purpose of reforming the boys subconscious however most of my countrymen find it cruel and inhuman to inflict pain for the purpose of rehabilitation.

Deleted
    It's a hard one. He sexually assaulted two of his young siblings and murdered one of them. He needs help, but trialling him as an adult is definitely the wrong thing to do and won't help him or anyone else. He needs help. He does, of course need to be severely punished but I can't help but feel that this is the wrong way to go about it.

Since the child is being trialled as an adult, does this mean he could face the death penalty?
    Last edited by mmoc07a213e360; 2012-09-19 at 06:45 AM.

Sounds like a sociopath, not a psychopath. Bit of a minor distinction. :v

Should definitely be being tried as an adult, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Yes, its called Lobotomy.

Trialing as adult wont help, it won't help society, i'd say "Dust to dust"...

Edit: I wouldn't feel safe near such thing in a bus. And i doubt any of you would. Even tho we are a flock of sheep, we should not allow wolf among us to exist.
    Last edited by mmoc32fbbf5879; 2012-09-19 at 06:56 AM.

Deleted
    I'm with Rob Stark on this: The one passing the sentance, should carry it out.
    If you want to kill a 13 year old boy, you go ahead and do it. Suddenly it ain't so easy, is it? Stop urging death on others. It's pretty easy to do behind a computer screen far away from responsability.
    I'm sick and tired of all the e-thugs and no-lives judging life and death on a whim.

Trained, seasoned executioners in prisons never forget the people that they kill. It stays with them for life. Can you imagine that? Remembering every person? Watching them sit on your bed when you try to sleep?
    Ofcourse you can't, you're taken care of. You're fed by your parents. Safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Good call. Should be standard procedure. "But my parents were mean to meee!"

Edit: Here in Sweden a gang of 7 youths assaulted a senior citizen so he was in a coma for 2 months, became blind on one eye and forgot the last 2-3 years of his life. Only 2 were sentenced and they got 60-100 hours for "psychologic help" for it.

I wish the judges from the OPs post lived in Sweden
    No you don't, a judicial system that just tosses the unwanted members of society in a cage is a failed judicial system considering the entire point of one is to
    #1 make an example out of people who break the law to strike the fear of breaking the law into the mass populace.
    #2 Reform those who have broken the law and attempt to reintegrate them into society.
    #3 Dispose of those who are beyond reform

The kids you describe deserve no less of a punishment than the crime they committed, and even though everything I have heard about Sweden leads me to believe it is one of the best countries on earth, I highly doubt your Judicial system would allow criminals to be beaten within inches of their life to potentially reform them.

But then again I think that any crime committed with prior intent should be met with an equal punishment or one that will stop the criminal from committing the crime again.

As for the poster above me, There are people who would gladly take the roll of executioner without feeling remorse or pity.
    Hell we could turn capital punishment into a gladiatorial style event and let the criminals kill each other by offering the last man standing a 2nd chance, We could even televise such events in order to help fund law enforcement.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-09-19 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Of course we're only young and aren't responsible.. why, I remember back when I was 13 and used to murder and sexually assault people...

oh wait, I didn't, because even by the time I was 10 I knew that was fucked up and wrong. Seriously, remember back when you were 13? Sure if he was a 2 year old you could say he had no clue what he was doing, but at 13 he would have known what his actions were.
    The difference between him and you is he had a pretty damn shitty life. You become like the people around you. Come back when you've been abused every single day of your life.

This is why the government should be able to take children away from parents much more easily.

13 year old is more than old enough to know right from wrong.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    13 year old is more than old enough to know right from wrong.
    And if everyone around you do the things other people consider wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I'm with Rob Stark on this: The one passing the sentance, should carry it out.
    If you want to kill a 13 year old boy, you go ahead and do it. Suddenly it ain't so easy, is it? Stop urging death on others. It's pretty easy to do behind a computer screen far away from responsability.
    I'm sick and tired of all the e-thugs and no-lives judging life and death on a whim.

Trained, seasoned executioners in prisons never forget the people that they kill. It stays with them for life. Can you imagine that? Remembering every person? Watching them sit on your bed when you try to sleep?
    Ofcourse you can't, you're taken care of. You're fed by your parents. Safe and sound.
    Basing your stance on the assumed biases of particular people on the internet is rather weak, as all it takes to then debase your argument is a single person outside of your designation to step up and defend the same beliefs that you claimed only came from e-thugs and basement dwellers.

Seeing as there have already been numerous replies in this thread (and that this is an age-old topic in general) I think it can be safely assumed that at least somebody here in favor of the death penalty also, say, has a job. I mean, it would be terribly childish to assume that everybody posting in this thread is a naive freeloader incapable of understanding the details of their beliefs, wouldn't it? You excluded yourself from that criticism, yes?

If this is an important / sensitive topic to you, your opinions on it would be better represented by actually stating your case and how you feel the situation should be handled. A baseless and inaccurate blanket statement about the naivety of all of your opponents only serves to make you look naive.